Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People are actually so jealous of Kim Kardashian! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rates)
    Really? I watch the news all the time and I never see her.

There are articles about her a lot in celebrity news sections I admit that. But as soon as you see the name kim Karadashian you can just click away and go onto a different story.
    Do you like the kardashians

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh9)
    "She has been humbled, good!" Lmaooo

True asf though. People are SO malicious and bitter.

Things like this really bring out the hypocrites and shows that everybody is a selective griever.
    Those who say "there are children dying in Syria" as justification for their unsympathetic hate comments towards Kim K, oh please..with your fake altruistic humanist ********..it's often the same people who at other times are like "the UK is full!! Syrian migrants cannot come here!! I don't care if they die in the ocean whilst trying to come to my country haha good!!!! survival of the fittest!!"

I literally cba

"she's rich so she isn't a victim!!! people are worse off in the world!!"

"why is the media going crazy over her"

Comments like that bore me to death. They fail to realise that she's one of the most famous people on the planet today. She has what? 50 million fans? Of course incidents like this are going to spark worldwide media coverage because clearly that's what the world wants to hear, plus it makes media stations more money than coverage of Syria ever will. Harsh reality of this world.

She gets all the backlash and personal attacks for it, but the way I see it is she's just living her life. Do they expect her to owe the world an apology for getting so famous and rich?
    Thank you! This is perfect.

This is EXACTLY what I mean. A selective griever is a perfect name for those people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rates)
    Theres always a celebrity that people love to hate for no good reason:

I can name 10

1) Justin Bieber
    2) Katie price
    3) Jennifer lopez
    4) Suarez
    5)Kim un Jung
    6) George bush
    7) Adolf hitler
    8) Miley Cyrus
    9) Kristen stuart
    10) Donald Trump
    Erm.... -_-

Actually now that you mention Katie Price, people love to hate her and she really is really nothing like she is portrayed to be in the media. You can tell she is very genuine from her proper interviews and her appearances on loose women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Do you like the kardashians
    I am indifferent to them.

I don't like them and I don't hate them. I just don't care about them- they are just other people to me.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by rates)
    don't call me darling. You think you're funny but you just coming across as the moron you are.

So what is she capitalized of a sex tape? its not like see harmed anyone.

Why do you care?
    I'm hilarious, Hun.

And, looking at your previous comments you're pretty much just trolling this thread.

And, no, she is just vile person and comes off as incredibly shallow, and yes that is harmful to impressible people.

Ok, in response to some comments about thinking about other things happening in the world (Bosnia, Colombia, Syria etc) rather than celeb news...let's be honest, which would we rather click on? The latest celeb news+gossip or something serious? Normally the celeb gossip+news? Because tbh not many people really want to know about the bad things that are happening in the world- either they don't want to put a dampen on their day OR they simply don't really care.

For example which would you rather click on?
    X caught in mad sex and drugs scandal faces multiple charges
    or
    56 refugees die in capsized boat

Media appeals to the masses. The mass want simple drivel. The mass are handed simple drivel.

Regarding the Kim K hate...
    Like another user pointed out, there are celebrities that are pointlessly hated on. Remember Rebecca Black? Justin Bieber? Kristen Stewart? I myself hate, Jonah Hill. I don't know why I do, but I do.

The Kardashians are hated on because of their wealth from nothing. They are extremely talented at being talent-less. But whatever they do they're good at. I'm sure every one of us wants to live like a Kardashian so yes, it is mostly jealously.

I myself don't hate the Kardashians, I don't particularly like them either...they're just there but I don't go hating on them like an obsessed crazy person. One day, they will pass away and then what? I don't get it...a member of the Kardashians was held at gun point and robbed. Did she deserve it? No. Does she deserve the hate from the public about all the publicity it's gotten? Not really.

Anyway this all seemed rather rambly so...yeah. that's my two cents on the whole thing

ReputationRep:
    Kim Kardashian is Kanyes lil b***h

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually know anything about this, but personally I'm not jealous, I just find it astounding how someone with a complete lack of talent at anything can be so prolific in society and why anyone watches that godawful show?

ReputationRep:
    Getting famous for being a untalented slut. Nothing to be jealous about

ReputationRep:
    it's sucks that this happened to her and i hope the robbers get punished, but there are more important things to pay attention to :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Probably because she is known to have just attained wealth from being "talentless".
    In one sense that is true and in another she is a phenomenon exactly because she has made so much money from apparently doing very little except self promotion.

The other aspect is she doesnt come across as being that nice to many and her values are all about flaunting wealth, so people feel a bit of schadenfreude that she go ribbed when she was tweeting it and showing off just hours before.

I dont think I am jealous (its all a bit bizarre), but I can see why people might not be that concerned that she has lost some jewels.
    Btw ive never watched any KUWTC.

ReputationRep:
    It's not that I'm jealous, it's that I genuinely couldn't give a flying **** about her or that family.

It's as interesting to me as a family in Papua New Guinea applying for planning permission to build a conservatory.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I think the Kardashians are the some of the most dreadful types of human to walk the face of the planet and it still wouldn't shock me to learn that it was all a publicity stunt, I don't get what you achieve by spewing such bile on an anonymous outlet. I guess that if it was that much of a problem for her she wouldn't continue to force herself into the public eye, but whilst people get on her case she's no more a scumbag than the dishonorable cretins who feel compelled to write such utter crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Hear me out...normally idgaf about "celeb news" nor do I follow it, but obviously Kim kardashian being robbed at gun point has caught my attention.

Since the robbery news I have honestly never seen men and women shame someone this much for no reason.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I see comments like:

"Why should she get sympathy for being robbed at gunpoint? I mean she is a rich wh*re"
    "It's Kanye's money" (lol)
    "How does someone get this rich from a sextape?"
    "She has been humbled, good!"
    "They should just have killed her"

and then there are the more disturbing, disgusting comments online sexualising her and wishing worse on her.
    I can't think of it stemming for any other reason other than pure jealousy because it is so uncalled for.I feel like those people realise will never live like her, they will never have half of what she has and in a world where material goods and possessions are aspired towards I think Kim just being Kim angers people.

Oh and god forbid you ever defend a Kardashian. -_-

Ugh, we live in such a hateful world.
    People are just fed up with her. They don't want her dead, but they are still allowed to joke on her life as she has made public every aspect of it. People wouldn't be that mean if she hadn't constantly exposed herself.

ReputationRep:
    Stop making threads about the Kardashians.

ReputationRep:
    People's actions and hard work should determine their position in society, not the size of their arse. Kim Kardashian doesn't offer any particular talents or special qualities and yet she is a multi-millionaire; people are more frustrated at how our society currently works, rather than jealous of the Kardashians.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.