Best Sixth Forms In South London?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoatWithAGoatee)
    Yeah, that's the trouble with going to a sixth form that is far away (to an extent) every day, as the days where it gets dark early are an issue, and I don't think that anyone I know will be going to Graveney or have at least applied for it, so there's the issue with no safety in numbers as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi
    No I don't think there's a maths with physics rule there anymore
    How long ago did you go there?

ReputationRep:
    To Graveney? I was merely interested in it, because all I heard from the school were positive things from other students and parents of students other than the "overrated" comment, but as always I must view each school objectively, and the criticism of the school I received is something I have to take into account. No worries though, at least there are many other schools to look for that are closer to where I live!
    What subjects are u taking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight2000)
    What subjects are u taking?
    For GCSE? I'm taking Maths, Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology), English (English Language and English Literature), French, History and Media Studies - though I do regret that subject as a choice. I'm also going to be doing my Religious Studies exam this year as I missed out on the chance to complete it last year, so I'll be learning that at home rather than as a classroom subject. I did complete my Spanish GCSE early as I think I've mentioned before, to which I received an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For GCSE? I'm taking Maths, Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology), English (English Language and English Literature), French, History and Media Studies - though I do regret that subject as a choice. I'm also going to be doing my Religious Studies exam this year as I missed out on the chance to complete it last year, so I'll be learning that at home rather than as a classroom subject. I did complete my Spanish GCSE early as I think I've mentioned before, to which I received an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lola I'm sorry i thought you were in yr12
    Well done with Spanish (I was awful at the language I did) you seem pretty clever doing early exams!
    If you're planning on taking maths or English lit (dOnt think they do eng language) then graveney is a great school but with sciences you need to be a bit careful
    Well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight2000)
    Lola I'm sorry i thought you were in yr12
    Well done with Spanish (I was awful at the language I did) you seem pretty clever doing early exams!
    If you're planning on taking maths or English lit (dOnt think they do eng language) then graveney is a great school but with sciences you need to be a bit careful
    Well done
    Thank you for the kind words, they really mean a lot to me Yeah, I'm aware that with Sciences you have to be a bit more careful - in fact I might end up choosing Chemistry rather than Physics because I do want to pursue a path in forensics, but then again I'm not certain as my aspirations are not set in stone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I guess that's the only problem though; maybe I'll have to replace a subject I originally wanted to do with Maths, since it would be extremely helpful.
    What subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SidTheSloth1)
    What subjects are you doing?
    I mentioned it above but I'll paste it on this post for you:

"I'm taking Maths, Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology), English (English Language and English Literature), French, History and Media Studies - though I do regret that subject as a choice. I'm also going to be doing my Religious Studies exam this year as I missed out on the chance to complete it last year, so I'll be learning that at home rather than as a classroom subject. I did complete my Spanish GCSE early as I think I've mentioned before, to which I received an A*."

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Ravensbourne or Brampton Manor are any good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How about NCS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.