why we need religion?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someguy12)
    I believe in gay rights just as much as anyone else but I feel like you are saying "being a homosexual is not a choice" like you could know, but you cant know (yet).
    In what way can I not know yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    Don't be stupid! I am not a 'guy' and I am not a homosexual. And being a homosexual is not a choice, but being a bigot is. Think on.
    I'm not even going to start of this "homosexual is not a choice" because god knows how unusual your thoughts are. You guys need to grow some thick skin, most of this earth is against homosexuals. All you do is complain how no one accepts you and every time I say something I just get reported LOL so bye emotional peeps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someguy12)
    As I'm sure you know there are those who read scriptures liberally in a nonliteral way.
    *Stoning disobedient children interpreted in a liberal non-literal way:
    Children get an overdose from marijuana

*Man shall not lie with another man as he does with a woman interpreted in a liberal non-literal way:
    Possibility 1) Don't tell fibs on men it's okay to fib to a woman (bros before hoes)
    Possibility 2) God is against gay man-on-man but not MMF (male-male-female)

*Donald Trump groping women, interpreted in a liberal way:

ReputationRep:
    it helps a lot of people, keep your opinions to yourself OP :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    What do you mean by rationale provided?
    The reason provided by the scripture for that belief, or the reason provided by the society that instated that belief.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    What is that religion?
    I was reading a book about Hinduism and it mentioned this. I'm not entirely sure if its executed in practise but at least in theory I think that this is what the founding doctrines intended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lost Her Way)
    it helps a lot of people, keep your opinions to yourself OP :unimpressed:
    While it does, the purpose of this thread is to not insult religious people, but rather to start healthy debate regarding it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    In what way can I not know yet?
    Nah I think I understood the falsities of my previous statement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    While it does, the purpose of this thread is to not insult religious people, but rather to start healthy debate regarding it.
    Exactly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    The reason provided by the scripture for that belief, or the reason provided by the society that instated that belief.
    Oh I think the reason for it is that male and female mix would increase risk of temptation to sin (adultery) . Im not an expert though and I dont understand because we are raised in a society where there is mixing and its okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    *discussion/debate
    yep for the lengthy debates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samantham999)
    Because its the only truth in this world?
    I'd like to support through.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is wrong with being anti homosexual? Honestly, you guys need to grow some thick skin not everyone is going to agree with your choices lol
    Replace "homosexual" in this sentence with "black people", "women" or "Asians" and then reflect on if you think people that would be offended should just "grow some thick skin".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toughtee)
    Replace "homosexual" in this sentence with "black people", "women" or "Asians" and then reflect on if you think people that would be offended should just "grow some thick skin".
    To be anti black/asian/women is not the same as being against homosexuality you cretin. Homosexuality is a man made corrupt thought where you choose to enjoy effing the same gender not something that is given to you.

ReputationRep:
    To be anti black/asian/women is not the same as being against homosexuality you cretin. Homosexuality is a man made corrupt thought where you choose to enjoy effing the same gender not something that is given to you.
    Okay, so give me some evidence that you choose to be homosexual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toughtee)
    Okay, so give me some evidence that you choose to be homosexual.
    society, homosexuals think its a cool trend to be gay.
    Let me give you an example, a guy for e.g is not macho/manly like the stereotype and he has some feminine qualities, he mistakes this for being interested in men and therefore effs men.

ReputationRep:
    society, homosexuals think its a cool trend to be gay.
    Let me give you an example, a guy for e.g is not macho/manly like the stereotype and he has some feminine qualities, he mistakes this for being interested in men and therefore effs men.
    Yeah, society thinks being homosexual is so cool!

I have feminine qualities, I am not gay.

Those are not really evidence?

ReputationRep:
    This is my problem with religion. It comes across as very man made. The texts are quite hateful and lean to punishment and restriction. It is very easy to judge and be hateful.

It would be much harder to have a religion/religious text that was solely, and I mean solely, about helping other humans selflessly. That mentioned no hate or jusgement but only love and charity. That would be godly. But nope instead you get pages and pages of judging hateful script which seems a very human perspective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Who_Cider)
    This is my problem with religion. It comes across as very man made. The texts are quite hateful and lean to punishment and restriction. It is very easy to judge and be hateful.

It would be much harder to have a religion/religious text that was solely, and I mean solely, about helping other humans selflessly. That mentioned no hate or jusgement but only love and charity. That would be godly. But nope instead you get pages and pages of judging hateful script which seems a very human perspective.

Homosexuals just expect everyone to agree with their orientation. Honestly, so what if religion is restrictive? its restrictive because its trying to protect you. God shows us what is right and wrong so what do you expect when someone does wrong? they get punished

You need to grow up, the world is sunshine & rainbows you weirdo

ReputationRep:
    Homosexuals just expect everyone to agree with their orientation. Honestly, so what if religion is restrictive? its restrictive because its trying to protect you. God shows us what is right and wrong so what do you expect when someone does wrong? they get punished

You need to grow up, the world is sunshine & rainbows you weirdo
    2/10 trolling, you might want to take a few tips from 4chan.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.