MHoC By-Election: Notification

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Yes, to reflect RL where parties with MPs who don't adiquitly reflect their party are booted.
    If we want to reflect RL, Parties that lose seats should be able to re-stand in by-elections

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    If we want to reflect RL, Parties that lose seats should be able to re-stand in by-elections
    If we reflect RL there would be no disqualification for poor voting records.

There are six months or 26 weeks if a Parliament goes full term. Voting reviews are every four weeks, so as 26 divided by 4 is not a whole integer, you will always have the issue. Unless the PM calls a General Election.

ReputationRep:
    I think the one thing that everyone can agree on in this thread is that Nigel is certainly a 'member'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    I think the one thing that everyone can agree on in this thread is that Nigel is certainly a 'member'.
    I know you are envious because I am 29 places above you in the MHoC's official members' points ranking list, but be nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I know you are envious because I am 29 places above you in the MHoC's official members' points ranking list, but be nice.
    Members points ranking?

ReputationRep:
    My envy knows no bounds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Members points ranking?
    There is a list ranking members by points which was drawn up by someone not in UKIP, nor the Conservatives.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go with official just yet given that I haven't even written the amendment for the entire thing yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    I wouldn't go with official just yet given that I haven't even written the amendment for the entire thing yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I look forward to seeing this amendment, learning the methodology, and doing everything I can to try to be top of the list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Prsom :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, are we comparing dicks now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    What do you expect with leftists, can't keep their eyes off each other or hands to themselves

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    What do you expect with leftists, can't keep their eyes off each other or hands to themselves

Posted from TSR Mobile
    inb4 lefties go:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    inb4 lefties go:

You're the ones who went there lol

ReputationRep:
    Given I have only received two manifestos, as set out in part 8b of the by-elections section of the Guidance Document, both candidates will be elected without contest.

The two candidates were:

right_angle for the Conservative and Unionist Party, who will fill seat 28.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Premier_Hirohito for the UK Independence Party, who will fill seat 50.
    Manifesto is here, given there is no contest I am not going to bother to convert it.

ReputationRep:
    The sneaky right?!
    Although I question your interpretation of the GD, it simply says that the election is called off not that seats are automatically handed out. I would suggest that it means that the seats are left vacant.

ReputationRep:
    cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    The sneaky right?!
    Although I question your interpretation of the GD, it simply says that the election is called off not that seats are automatically handed out. I would suggest that it means that the seats are left vacant.
    I think your interpretation is a bit of a stretch to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    I think your interpretation is a bit of a stretch to say the least.
    Given that it says "or fewer". I feel that just giving seats to the fewer that stand and then leaving others empty seems a weird call, I'd interpret it as being that all the seats are left or the seats are returned.

ReputationRep:
    UKIP's manifesto is like a satire on 'project fear' politics.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.