pound has dropped so much, arent you guys worried?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    the £350 million a week that the NHS is receiving as a result of Brexit is worth considerably less now. *
    :rofl: I love you bear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    It has always been overvalued.

So how is devaluing it going to help the country?*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)

I think if Trump doesn't win the US election, he will use the change in his pocket to buy Britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Good idea for an investment
    Too volatile for investment , although if you had put in 100 dollars 5 years ago you'd have around 200k tho.

ReputationRep:
    the £350 million a week that the NHS is receiving as a result of Brexit is worth considerably less now. *
    Is this the 350 million Mr Farage mentioned lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azizadil1998)
    Is this the 350 million Mr Farage mentioned lol?
    i believe so

:beard: *

ReputationRep:
    I get paid in dollars... so I'm enjoying it right now

ReputationRep:
    the poorer people will suffer more. 1 quid from 10quid is a lot more than 1quid from 100quid
    yeah but every time it drops significantly it's only for a short amount of time and then it picks back up again quite a bit, so I don't think there will be THAT much effect on poorer people, unless it means supermarkets pass on the possibly slightly increased costs of importing their products to customers which again is unlikely unless it continually drops. Why would you say it would increase inequality? I'm only asking not trying to make it sound rude.

ReputationRep:
    the 350m was never going to the NHS, no one who had power actually said they would get it . Nigel said that to get people to vote for leave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainyyyyy)
    the 350m was never going to the NHS, no one who had power actually said they would get it . Nigel said that to get people to vote for leave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    I think if Trump doesn't win the US election, he will use the change in his pocket to buy Britain.
    My thoughts exactly!*

People who are buying the lie that the pound was over valued anyway should stop and think.*

ReputationRep:
    yeahh iknow

ReputationRep:
    the poorer people will suffer more. 1 quid from 10quid is a lot more than 1quid from 100quid
    yea but i highly doubt prices will rise by £1 that would be quite significant, especially when you have european chain stores like lidl and aldi here, prices will be kept low'ish one way or another..

but i personally think the exchange rate will eventually pick back up again atm its just people panicking. we'll see though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Couldnt care less, the increased value of my investments has more than covered the falling pound value.

Regardless; having a weak pound isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    same here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)

Find our natural position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)
    My thoughts exactly!*

People who are buying the lie that the pound was over valued anyway should stop and think.*
    If people think their money is overvalued, I will be happy to exchange it with my wheel barrow full of Venezuelan bolívars

yea but i highly doubt prices will rise by £1 that would be quite significant, especially when you have european chain stores like lidl and aldi here, prices will be kept low'ish one way or another..

but i personally think the exchange rate will eventually pick back up again atm its just people panicking. we'll see though!
    Yes, all prices in Britain will only rise by a maximum of 99p.

ReputationRep:
    it's terrible for me but i have other investments which balance it out. 2 years will be interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Poor Bill Gates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    No it's fine,won't have a huge impact on prices. Good for British exporters
    Yeah lets forget what the experts have said, we did that when we voted brexit why not continue having that mindset

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    interesting :curious: I thought it was a popular investment opportunity
    He's right tbh, a few years ago mining or investing in bitcoins was very profitable, but they're worth nowhere near the amount that they used to be. My best mate and I used to mine them but we ended up giving it up after a while, just not worth the effort.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.