Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I found out that my portfolio went up in value yesterday AMA? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    the strategy is balanced i think (conservative/moderate). It actually has performed better than the benchmark, however we have taken a lot out. I don't have the figures to hand, but it has been something like £35000 in the last five years, so that is why it appears to have underperformed. i needed the money for stuff like legal bills, financial bills immigration fees and other expenses. Plus i used to pay myself £200 a week out of my own money, and something like that as well to my wife, so my money dropped like a tank.

For the last two years since i got out of the court of protection, i have been able to turn it around. Let me know if you have any more questions??
    I see. In that case, your returns are good. I wouldn't recommend taking money out of your investment though- not only does it annoy the fund manager but an investment is supposed fulfill an aim you have (i.e. accumulate this much by this year and then take it out).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desaf1)
    I see. In that case, your returns are good. I wouldn't recommend taking money out of your investment though- not only does it annoy the fund manager but an investment is supposed fulfill an aim you have (i.e. accumulate this much by this year and then take it out).
    I took out a £2700 dividend last quarter to pay off my credit card bills, and the investor offered me some more money this quarter to further pay them down, but i refused it on account that i need to start keeping track of my old funds. I will enclose the latest spreadsheet so you can see my credit card debts ( see attached ).

Name:  screenshot.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  246.7 KB

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?
Useful resources
How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.