Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    You should suggest this to him https://richkids.life/membership/
    "If it's too much for you, it's not for you":rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    "If it's too much for you, it's not for you":rofl:
    I know!! But it is slightly sinister. It's tapping into a great need for children to be accepted by their peers and appear as rich/successful/popular as they can. Someone is making a lot of money from kids insecurities and fears. I think that's wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    So I was talking to this person, 16 year old kid, wealthy parents, big house, nice car etc. and we're playing this game, and we're trying to do a 'thing' as a 3 man team, until he decides he doesn't want to do this 'thing' because he doesn't think it's worth his time - fair enough, until you consider the overwhelming amount of assistance I had given him in the past.

So I pointed out how ungrateful he was being for my help, which he didn't take too well to say the least. He starts spewing some of the most unacceptable sh*t I have ever heard, things like
    "I AM a jumped up little c*nt I know. I'm rich and have a wonderful girlfriend you can only dream of"
    "Enjoy death when it comes"
    "my father's business turned over 500k last year so guess who can buy whatever he wants... oh yeah me"

There's a lot more than that but I'll leave it at that. I just need to say I have never met a more spoilt, entitled, ungrateful little **** in my entire life.
    Anyway, rant over. Thoughts on these kinds of people?
    He sounds like a Grade A sociopath. One day (probably sooner than you think) he'll bite off more than he can chew. These types of people always do. They come crashing down to Earth catastrophically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    LOL That's a real thing? €1000 a month
    A real business, yeah. Unbelievably.

(Original post by Reality Check)
    I know!! But it is slightly sinister. It's tapping into a great need for children to be accepted by their peers and appear as rich/successful/popular as they can. Someone is making a lot of money from kids insecurities and fears. I think that's wrong.
    I think it's funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #ChaosKass)
    I don't see anything wrong with him at all. His parents are obviously very hard workers and are reaping the rewards - good on them I say. It's perfectly acceptable to be proud of your financial situation.
    Not sure if serious. But if you are, I think you need to distinguish between 'proud' and 'arrogant'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    You should suggest this to him https://richkids.life/membership/
    Lol, is that for real? WTF.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    I doubt they will be a success in the long run - the desire for exclusivity tends to mean that the 'real rich' don't participate in things that can be joined simply by having the cash. People who do join will quickly realise that they are members of a club they don't want to be part of.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.