The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
cdm391
I'm afraid that is the only generalisation I can conclude, as all the men I have known in my life have been shit, so I wouldn't know any different.

Well...you are very unlucky....there are decent blokes out there. you were unlucky that all the men in your life haven't been one of them.

G
Reply 41
cdm391
My mum and my aunts are all divorced and have been treated like shit by men. Who else agrees with my title?

Um, not me.
Reply 42
My mum and dad have been married (happily) for 29 years.

I have a very sweet partner. One in a million. Am very lucky. We've been together for just over 4 years now.

There are some good ones out there!

My ex was a shit! As was the one before that - he was a 'useful with his fists' shit!
Reply 43
Fluffy
As was the one before that - he was a 'useful with his fists' shit!

He didn't use them on you did he??:eek:

G
Reply 44
gzftan
He didn't use them on you did he??:eek:

G

Occasionally. The last time he beat me up I retaliated (ala Tony in Hollyoaks :wink: ). He tried to get me done for ABH!

Luckily for me, he had given me a black eye, perfect impressions of his hands (including finger marks!) around the tops of my arms where he pinned me down, and three broken ribs. I stabbed him in the arm with a biro (was revising for end of first year exams at the time!) as that's all I could so whilst pinned down!

He got a nice criminal record for it! and it went on his permanent university record (he was a finalist at the time). He wasn't allowed to attend his graduation ceremony either and had to graduate in absentina.
Reply 45
Fluffy
Occasionally. The last time he beat me up I retaliated (ala Tony in Hollyoaks :wink: ). He tried to get me done for ABH!

Luckily for me, he had given me a black eye, perfect impressions of his hands (including finger marks!) around the tops of my arms where he pinned me down, and three broken ribs. I stabbed him in the arm with a biro (was revising for end of first year exams at the time!) as that's all I could so whilst pinned down!

He got a nice criminal record for it! and it went on his permanent university record (he was a finalist at the time). He wasn't allowed to attend his graduation ceremony either and had to graduate in absentina.

OMG! That's disgusting....i can't believe anyone could raise their hands to a woman....it sickens me.

Did he go to prison for it??

G
Reply 46
gzftan
OMG! That's disgusting....i can't believe anyone could raise their hands to a woman....it sickens me.

Did he go to prison for it??

G

No - he got community service. And to think, if he hadn't of tried to get me arrested, I would probbaly have been too scared to have done anything about it!

Getting haulled out of dinner in Hall by two uniformed cops was not a nice experience though, but at least it brought everything to a head!
Reply 47
Fluffy
No - he got community service. And to think, if he hadn't of tried to get me arrested, I would probbaly have been too scared to have done anything about it!

Getting haulled out of dinner in Hall by two uniformed cops was not a nice experience though, but at least it brought everything to a head!

Wow....well..good for you!! People like that shouldn't be allowed to do stuff like that and get away with it....they're the scum of the earth...pardon my annoyance..but i just hate people like that. :mad:

G
gzftan
Wow....well..good for you!! People like that shouldn't be allowed to do stuff like that and get away with it....they're the scum of the earth...pardon my annoyance..but i just hate people like that. :mad:

G

Seconded. I am shocked.
Reply 49
firebladez777.5
Seconded. I am shocked.

I was also lucky in that my University tutor got very involved. His daughter went through a similar thing, and I think he took his anger as her dad out on my ex! That'll teach him! hence the fact the university got heavily involved. He got thrown out of hall, his parents informed, a black mark on his university record so it would be disclosed if his official transcripts/records were ever required.

I hope he learnt his lesson. He now lives with my (former) best friend!!!
Reply 50
Fluffy
I hope he learnt his lesson. He now lives with my (former) best friend!!!

How coul your best-friend have done that though...surely he.she knew what you had been through!! How could they 'betray' you like that??

G
Reply 51
gzftan
How coul your best-friend have done that though...surely he.she knew what you had been through!! How could they 'betray' you like that??

G

They deserve each other as far as I am concerned! I met him through her, so I guess her loyalty lay with him.

Last thing I heard she had been walking into doors...
Reply 52
Fluffy
They deserve each other as far as I am concerned! I met him through her, so I guess her loyalty lay with him.

Last thing I heard she had been walking into doors...

Did she not believe you then when it all came out that he'd been beating you?? Cos surely...even if she wasn't a really true friend...she'd stay away from him for her own sake???

I'm glad you got out of it....well done!

G
cdm391
My aunt Susan is a cleaner, because Mike her husband makes her do it.
She has to pay all the bills, he doesn't speak to her and to top it all off, he said that she is not allowed a holiday because she went on holiday last year! Instead he took her daughter, my cousin Rachel along, to Las Vegas, they went to Lego Land USA, gambling, etc, the works and he didn't buy Susan anything. Last year, Susan came over to England to visit my family and when her husband phoned he would only speak to Rachel not her, the cheek! And they don't speak to each other now, and Susan has been forced to leave the house that they both equally paid for, they are now filing for divorce, who is in the wrong?

did i miss the ending to the story??? who is in the wrong - neither/both of them??

i dont actually see very much wrong in this story?? you havnt mentioned that he abused her? i take it rachel is also his daughter, which you failed to mention? he seems to be a loving father...stuck in a marridge he didnt want...the wrong in the story seems to me to be the fact that they both stayed in a marridge that was dead a long time before filing for divorce...and personally i have to laugh at the fact that you say "susan has been forced to leave the house they equally paid for" well of course one of them has to leave...that's what happeends when people divorce, they dont both carry on living under the same roof happily ever after!!

personally i think you are one twisted individual and you really do need to consider equal rights. men/fathers have rights too.

love Katy ***
men can be real idiots sometimes, but we cant say all of them, and some have their moment, some are completely innocent and some are just idiots!
but its the same for females so its kinda a generalisation of all human beings
Reply 55
kriztinae
men can be real idiots sometimes, but we cant say all of them, and some have their moment, some are completely innocent and some are just idiots!
but its the same for females so its kinda a generalisation of all human beings

Sneaking some time on the internet on the sly??? Or not cut off yet?!?:tongue:

G
gzftan
Sneaking some time on the internet on the sly??? Or not cut off yet?!?:tongue:

G

ehe
a) dads asleep! :biggrin:
b) not cut off and dammit i just realised my bro spends more time on herre than i do!!! why doesnt he tell him to get off? (yes coz hes a guy! :mad: )
ill stand up for my rights! :redface:
Reply 57
kriztinae
why doesnt he tell him to get off? (yes coz hes a guy! :mad: )
ill stand up for my rights! :redface:

Hmmmmm..been listening to Spice Girls and their talk of girl power again??? :tongue:

Tis true though...you should chuck your bro off and take some well deserved net time for yourself! :smile:

G
gzftan
Hmmmmm..been listening to Spice Girls and their talk of girl power again??? :tongue:

Tis true though...you should chuck your bro off and take some well deserved net time for yourself! :smile:

G

lol do the spice girls even exist? :redface:
anyway no with my dad if your a guy you can do what you want etc etc
girls have limits on everything!! :mad:
hes 14 and he can date, im 17 and my dad would kill me if he found out i date!
Reply 59
kriztinae
lol do the spice girls even exist? :redface:
anyway no with my dad if your a guy you can do what you want etc etc
girls have limits on everything!! :mad:
hes 14 and he can date, im 17 and my dad would kill me if he found out i date!

Ah..never mind...off to uni soon aren't you???

Plus...you seem to be able to wrangle your way around his silly rules and get time on the net :tongue:..despite what he says :biggrin:

G

Latest

Trending

Trending