Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Erm Vienna do you know all your Private Messages are on display in your "Read Me! post of D&D?
    thanks for that. pleasingly, they clearly illustrate my intentions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walk By)
    :eek:
    I take it you may know him then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    I take it you may know him then
    :eek: how could you..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walk By)
    :eek: how could you..
    Don't even get me started on Swim_by

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v for vendetta)
    no.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Don't blame me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Don't blame me
    yeah yeah :rolleyes:

Wheres my account. I appear to be having the same problem as vienna. Someones changed my password, and the email i used to request a password to be sent. Something has to be done.

-btw based on the people who have been attacked so far im seeing a trend in the members having this problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swatfa1)
    Wheres my account. I appear to be having the same problem as vienna. Someones changed my password, and the email i used to request a password to be sent. Something has to be done.
    like what?

ReputationRep:
    somebody accessed our accounts(3 as of now) and changed the passwords. ive been informed there are no security flaws within vBulletin and thus one now assumes that the accounts were accessed by those with the ability to change passwords.

the accounts that have been locked belong to those who aided the destruction of the subscriber neg repping game and are subsequently being 'repaid' in an act which can only be seen as revenge.

little matter, since im happy to post under this alias and my appetite for the forum has been subsequently 'refreshed'.

ReputationRep:

-btw based on the people who have been attacked so far im seeing a trend in the members having this problem.
    im interested in seeing if endorf and Speciez have similar problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    like what?
    a reply PM from a moderator would be a start.

(Original post by ]{ingnik)
    like what?
    Like for starters i think that the mods should temporarily block access to the accounts that have been accessed to stop any continued misuse of the attacked accounts.

ReputationRep:
    im interested in seeing if endorf and Speciez have similar problems.
    I thought they might also have been affected and checked their profiles however whereas the last online action for my own, your own and swatfas accounts are all set to 7 hours ago speciez and at different times so it seems theyve not been attmpted (or if they were it was unsuccessfully so.)

ReputationRep:
    Like for starters i think that the mods should temporarily block access to the accounts that have been accessed to stop any continued misuse of the attacked accounts.
    Definately. Please block our accounts until this problem is solved.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    that would probably involve the mods temporarily banning your accounts until d comes online to sort this whole thing out...

If you're happy for that and want it to happen then it's probably worth PMing the mods to request it ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nan Siarich)
    Definately. Please block our accounts until this problem is solved.
    im intending on issuing a small summary statement of our problems later

ReputationRep:
    somebody accessed our accounts(3 as of now) and changed the passwords. ive been informed there are no security flaws within vBulletin and thus one now assumes that the accounts were accessed by those with the ability to change passwords.

the accounts that have been locked belong to those who aided the destruction of the subscriber neg repping game and are subsequently being 'repaid' in an act which can only be seen as revenge.

little matter, since im happy to post under this alias and my appetite for the forum has been subsequently 'refreshed'.
    Though it is obviously linked with the subscriber events, how can any subscriber change passwords? d is the only one with the power to do it.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by nan Siarich)
    I thought they might also have been affected and checked their profiles however whereas the last online action for my own, your own and swatfas accounts are all set to 7 hours ago speciez and at different times so it seems theyve not been attmpted (or if they were it was unsuccessfully so.)
    Would Vienna be likely to have the passwords to access endorfs/speziez accounts stored in her PMs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Though it is obviously linked with the subscriber events, how can any subscriber change passwords? d is the only one with the power to do it.
    moderators have the ability to change passwords. that password could be subsequently communicated.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.