Got my first part time permanent job today, AMA

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackstarr)
    How much do you get paid an hours and how old are you?
    21, my maximum weekly hours is 16

ReputationRep:
    Just got my payroll number and NEP! so excited haha

My start date is the 26th after my induction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Congrats! What are you most excited for?
    Thanks

I'm honestly excited about everything! I feel so happy as it's a permanent contract! I know it's just maximum 16 hours a week but better than £0 I'm already getting

It's even better as it's Next and they're very strict in July and December which makes me feel better. This shall improve my CV to as I managed to bag a permanent contract part time as my first job. Even better as it's with Next!

This is officially my first job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theplace)
    GL let use know how it goes!
    Will do my start date is the 26th lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    Thanks

I'm honestly excited about everything! I feel so happy as it's a permanent contract! I know it's just maximum 16 hours a week but better than £0 I'm already getting

It's even better as it's Next and they're very strict in July and December which makes me feel better. This shall improve my CV to as I managed to bag a permanent contract part time as my first job. Even better as it's with Next!

This is officially my first job
    Woo! Is it a max 16 hour contract, or just 16 hours? If the latter, you'll be able to take on overtime when you want it People put their shifts onto the 'marketplace' online, and you can snap them up if you want. It's really good!

ReputationRep:
    Woo! Is it a max 16 hour contract, or just 16 hours? If the latter, you'll be able to take on overtime when you want it People put their shifts onto the 'marketplace' online, and you can snap them up if you want. It's really good!
    Yes it's maximum 16 hours, but I can do overtime. I also study full time and I'm a second year so I don't need want it to affect my studies. If that makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    Yes it's maximum 16 hours, but I can do overtime. I also study full time and I'm a second year so I don't need want it to affect my studies. If that makes sense?
    Yeah, I get what you mean. It's good for if you have time off though, because there's always shifts up there. It means you can offer up some of yours as well if you can't do them

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I get what you mean. It's good for if you have time off though, because there's always shifts up there. It means you can offer up some of yours as well if you can't do them
    Exactly, I'll be working 3/4 days a week. As I'm in uni for 3 days

(Original post by Ishax)
    21, my maximum weekly hours is 16
    Ok

How much do they pay you per hour?

ReputationRep:
    Ok

£6.95 national minimum wage lol

(Original post by Ishax)
    £6.95 national minimum wage lol
    Ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azizadil1998)
    Oh 2nd year university? I just flopped hahah - I'm in Year 13, changed from a private school to a state school in Sutton, Surrey as I moved and I see so many people in my year who attempt to balance academic, social, and work life in Year 13 which I really find pointless and stupid (unless they really need the money).
    That's not a problem for so many people. I'm in year 13 and I have a job, so many other people in my school have job, and it's not a problem for anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiracleLeaf)
    That's not a problem for so many people. I'm in year 13 and I have a job, so many other people in my school have job, and it's not a problem for anyone?
    Depends what kind of job you do though - most people in my school try to balance it but doesn't work because most jobs will be in retail with relatively long hours. Where'd you work (i dont mean specific place lol)? Also depends on how academically rigorous your subjects are so of course it will be fine for some people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azizadil1998)
    Depends what kind of job you do though - most people in my school try to balance it but doesn't work because most jobs will be in retail with relatively long hours. Where'd you work (i dont mean specific place lol)? Also depends on how academically rigorous your subjects are so of course it will be fine for some people.
    I work in retail and I take biology chemistry and German, so fairly rigorous 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiracleLeaf)
    I work in retail and I take biology chemistry and German, so fairly rigorous 😂
    Fair enough well done to you! But again depends on the person, you might have more energy than others lol

ReputationRep:
    Ok

I just checked my Next employee portal and I'm being paid £7.11 an hour not £6.95! It's above minimum wage. So good!

ReputationRep:
    Being paid £7.11 an hour woowooo! 😃🎉

(Original post by Ishax)
    I just checked my Next employee portal and I'm being paid £7.11 an hour not £6.95! It's above minimum wage. So good!
    cool.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.