Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Chris_)
    It's horrible mate, half of my best clothes ended up folded in a big deep draw or in a suitcase under my bed You need all the clothes aswell, unless you want to be at the laundrette all the time..
    It's probably worse when you have a complete inability to operate a washing machine!!! :eek: I get the feeling I could be one of the few student with a dry-cleaning bill. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    It's probably worse when you have a complete inability to operate a washing machine!!! :eek: I get the feeling I could be one of the few student with a dry-cleaning bill. :rolleyes:
    I used to take all my washing home every 3 weeks. It was all washed and ironed for me Not sure how i'll cope this year when i'm not coming home as often :eek:

(Original post by Daveo)
    I used to take all my washing home every 3 weeks. It was all washed and ironed for me Not sure how i'll cope this year when i'm not coming home as often :eek:
    Trip home = 3 hours on the train!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Trip home = 3 hours on the train!!! :eek:
    Dam! I guess dry cleaning it is

(Original post by Daveo)
    Dam! I guess dry cleaning it is
    Suppose its not too bad.....less chance of ruining my favorite clothes!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking the best parts of my fine shoe collection. Slightly off topic, I really, really, really want some cowboy boots. I saw Faith had some but they're not superbly nice. My favourites (just because I like to talk about shoes) are my yellow gingham high heels with bananas on, my flat black pointy ones with kittens and puppies on, and my green flat ones with little pink flowers on and a buckle at the front like little girl shoes.

I can't wait to pack. I've got a wardrobe full of clothes I don't really wear too often, but can't bear to part with some of them. I also have mounds of clothes I love so much its almost romantic, but I don't know if they will all fit. I'm also planning some university shopping before I go.

Also I have a query about blenders. Is it worth paying £35 for a smoothie maker, which is basically a blender with a little tap on the front that you can dispense your drink directly from? I am quite fond of kitchen utensils, and am tempted to get that rather than a much more economical hand held blender.

Emma
    xxx

(Original post by Pencil Queen)
    (btw frozen watermelon + white rum + sugar syrup = fantastic drinky from blender/smoothie maker)
    On that note..... 2 Scoops of low-fat vanilla ice-cream, banana chunks, <whatever spirit you fancy>!!! Aids my drinking ability before a night out (no idea why though :confused: )!!!

ReputationRep:
    In your accommodation will you be allowed to nail something like a dartboard to the door or a wall?? :confused:

could be quite useful having a dartboard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    walking boots?? where you going??
    thinking about joining the hiking society!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    I've been thinking about whether I should join any societies if not. I'm undecided as I don't know if I could be bothered if I did join one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spleenus`)
    I've been thinking about whether I should join any societies if not. I'm undecided as I don't know if I could be bothered if I did join one.
    its a good way to make friends!
    all my friends at uni this year said the societies have been really fun!

Also looks good to potential employers....

which uni are you going to?

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    its a good way to make friends!
    all my friends at uni this year said the societies have been really fun!

Also looks good to potential employers....

which uni are you going to?

Ruthie xx
    I'm off to Lancaster. I have been looking though and strangely enough the hiking one could be a good one to look at considering the Lake District, Pennines and the Yorkshire Dales aren't that far away. Since leaving scouts I've not really had chance to do anything like it. Also might take up swimming again when I get to uni. Oh the possibilities.

I know someone who went to Cambridge and has joined their rowing team (now trying to make the first) :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spleenus`)
    I'm off to Lancaster. I have been looking though and strangely enough the hiking one could be a good one to look at considering the Lake District, Pennines and the Yorkshire Dales aren't that far away. Since leaving scouts I've not really had chance to do anything like it. Also might take up swimming again when I get to uni. Oh the possibilities.

I know someone who went to Cambridge and has joined their rowing team (now trying to make the first) :eek:
    cool! its all good- i bet you will have a great time

ReputationRep:
    ohhh!! that's alright then!! i thought you were just gonna wear them for normal daywear like!

ReputationRep:
    How many clothes do I have to take? I think I wear most of the same clothes anyway, once I've charity-shopped stuff I never wear (like the nirvana tshirt I bought in Yr 9! full of holes! actually, that can go bin), I could probably take all of it.

Need to take my computer, bathroom stuff, n kitchen stuff. I might buy a toasted sandwich maker to take, grown quite fond of banana + chocolate spread toasties.

ReputationRep:
    my god - i swear EVERYONE will take a sandwich toaster! i would suggest waiting to see what everyone else has bought before taking this sort of item - same goes for the blender/smoothie maker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clare_m)
    my god - i swear EVERYONE will take a sandwich toaster! i would suggest waiting to see what everyone else has bought before taking this sort of item - same goes for the blender/smoothie maker.
    i'd wait till your well settled in before goin for anything like that, then you can talk with the rest of the people and arrange who brings what and share them!

ReputationRep:
    The one thing I'm not sure about is whether to bring a mini fridge. I know everyone brings one but I am very partial to a cold can of coke and I can't see them lasting long if I leave them in the communal fridge!

Just had a thought mind, better wait till the end of summer and see if I can get one in the end of summer sales.

ReputationRep:
    Really don't think theres any need for a mini fridge
    Get used to sharing and put them in the communal fridge! Or stop drinking coke all together, a lager a day helps you work rest and play...

ReputationRep:
    make sure you're allowed a mini-fridge before buying one though! some halls dont allow anything like that in your rooms.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.