Crisis 07 – Falklands Recapture

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Well the Russian navy barely work either, and we would definitely see that going half way across the world, sooooo.....

It also doesn't further their agenda at all.
    I meant more the Russians covertly equipping the Argies over an extended period of time prior to this event.

There's not much point debating the intentions of secondary players. The TSR Russians might just be nuts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I meant more the Russians covertly equipping the Argies over an extended period of time prior to this event.

There's not much point debating the intentions of secondary players. The TSR Russians might just be nuts.
    Cool, so they have a few heavy tanks and some new rifles, which doesn't solve the problem of it all being on the bottom of the ocean, it just makes the loss more expensive for Argentina and their backers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thank the government for responding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    I thank the government for responding.
    Should we expect a follow-up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Should we expect a follow-up?
    I'd like to see one, you've made some good points so I'd like to see a rebuttle

I'm no longer the CC Representative for Labour so I don't know tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I also thank the government for responding. Their response is being carefully considered.

ReputationRep:
    Option 3- take the money and the island.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    I also thank the government for responding. Their response is being carefully considered.
    Excellent, just hurry up because we don't have much time left!

ReputationRep:
    After the retaliatory actions of the British armed forces and the ultimatum delivered to the Argentine government, the Argentine forces are seen boarding naval vessels to return home, with the Argentine government demanding reparations and safe passage for its troops to return home.

The Crisis has been successfully handled by the government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    After the retaliatory actions of the British armed forces and the ultimatum delivered to the Argentine government, the Argentine forces are seen boarding naval vessels to return home, with the Argentine government demanding reparations and safe passage for its troops to return home.

The Crisis has been successfully handled by the government.
    Excellent, excellent!

The Argentine government will get nothing apart from a UN Security Council resolution detailing the aftermath and measures to prevent Argentine from further invasions when they start feeling overly entitled again and a bill to cover our military expenses directly related to the crisis (I presume there is a court for these claims somewhere in Belgium or the Netherlands, lol).

Before the Argentine forces are allowed to return home, their commanding general must sign a written agreement of their surrender aboard HMS Bulwark and give up all their weaponry including armed vessels and/or ammunition (the precise terms of their surrender will be passed on and overseen by our commanding general and his staff). Following that, all remaining Argentine personnel in the vicinity of the Falklands will be either allowed safe passage to their territorial waters or transported to the nearest Argentine port.

ReputationRep:
    This crisis rivals the Downing Street crisis as the most stupid crisis the Crisis Committee has ever produced. The crisis was unrealistic but the conclusion of all crises where the military is involved is the Crisis Committee accepting military defeat for the imaginary aggressor, or imagining a military victory for the aggressor. The ending to this crisis was predictable, the crisis started no debate, not did the crisis challenge the government in a meaningful way. The crisis was a rushed piece of reactionary nonsense to counter a vote about closing the Crisis Committee; it is funny the Crisis Committee only does something when a there is a vote taking place on its future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    This crisis rivals the Downing Street crisis as the most stupid crisis the Crisis Committee has ever produced. The crisis was unrealistic but the conclusion of all crises where the military is involved is the Crisis Committee accepting military defeat for the imaginary aggressor, or imagining a military victory for the aggressor. The ending to this crisis was predictable, the crisis started no debate, not did the crisis challenge the government in a meaningful way. The crisis was a rushed piece of reactionary nonsense to counter a vote about closing the Crisis Committee; it is funny the Crisis Committee only does something when a there is a vote taking place on its future.
    Just for your information, this crisis was created before your recent amendment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Just for your information, this crisis was created before your recent amendment.
    It does not matter, if the amendment was not posted the crisis would not have been rushed out to appease the gullible fools who think the Crisis Committee does something.

ReputationRep:
    No, the most stupid one is your one when. You created a several km high flood in slough overnight which sent a tidal wave into London destroying everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    No, the most stupid one is your one when. You created a several km high flood in slough overnight which sent a tidal wave into London destroying everything.
    That crisis did not exist, there has not been a crisis created that sends a tide to destroy London; I hope you have not given away the next planned crisis of the Crisis Committee.

ReputationRep:
    That crisis did not exist, there has not been a crisis created that sends a tide to destroy London; I hope you have not given away the next planned crisis of the Crisis Committee.
    Except that a flood on that scale would have done exactly that. As was proven when the government debunked the crisis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Are you serious that's hilarious

ReputationRep:
    This crisis has now concluded.

Updated: October 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.