The Student Room Group

I'm so embarrassed and ashamed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I pooped myself last time I was that drunk, be grateful you weren't that bad :wink:
Haha ohhh gosh poor you :biggrin:
Original post by Sternumator
If you can't actually remember doing anything bad to others, there is nothing to feel guilty for. The only harm done was to yourself.

And at least it was only in front of a few friends so not that embarrassing.

It's also possible you are still feeling the effects of the hangover. Obviously, alcohol messes with your brain chemistry and it can take a few days to get back to normal. You may be feeling worse just because your brain hasn't recovered yet.

I often feel embarrassed after a heavy session when I know I did nothing wrong or I feel anxious when I'm not worried about anything.

It can help to remind yourself that what you're feeling is partly down to brain chemistry rather than anything bad you did and that that will sort itself in a day or two.
Thanks for your reply, I think the main reason for my shame/humiliation is that when I'm drunk, I'm completely out of control and show all my feelings however when I'm sober I keep myself to myself more, hide how I feel. So maybe it's actually a deeper issue.

And yes you're right, my brain chemistry is probably making me feel like this mostly.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
"Found lying face down alone in the high street" :rofl: :rofl:
Yep, how embarrassing can you get? :colonhash:
Yeah it was stupid of me to bow down to peer pressure but it's my responsibility, next time I will hardly drink anything when I'm with them, thanks for your reply :smile:

You're welcome. Be careful around those friends. If you have a similar problem, feel free to email me on TSR, OK?
I drank wayyy too much a couple of nights ago, so much that the police were called and there was an ambulance, and my parents had to pick me up in the middle of the night. I was being sick and I was the most wasted one out of my three friends. I was found lying face down alone in the high street. I feel so embarrassed and don't know how I'll live this down! The most horrible part is that I can't remember hardly anything - God knows what I was saying/doing. My parents are acting weird around me. I'm soooo so so ashamed!!!! How can I get over this??

Your parents are most likely to be embarrassed and worried that this will repeat again. They might also be a bit worried that you might turn into some drunke teenager and fall off the rails in their view.

If I were you, I would apologise to them first. However just saying the word 'sorry' can be quite meaningless. Instead write them a letter, buy them a little present or something. Explain you understand that they must be embarassed, concerned, angry, etc. Then try to prove to them that this won't be a regular occurance.
To start with don't go out drinking with your friends for a while. Focus more on your education, help out a bit more around the house. Show them that you are more of adult than you have shown yourself to be. Then I am sure it won't be long until this will just become one of those funny stories about how you were immature and got really drunk one night.
Original post by Mvine001
You're welcome. Be careful around those friends. If you have a similar problem, feel free to email me on TSR, OK?

yes I'll definitely email you if anything else arises, thanks for being here for me :smile:
Original post by Sportycb
Your parents are most likely to be embarrassed and worried that this will repeat again. They might also be a bit worried that you might turn into some drunke teenager and fall off the rails in their view.

If I were you, I would apologise to them first. However just saying the word 'sorry' can be quite meaningless. Instead write them a letter, buy them a little present or something. Explain you understand that they must be embarassed, concerned, angry, etc. Then try to prove to them that this won't be a regular occurance.
To start with don't go out drinking with your friends for a while. Focus more on your education, help out a bit more around the house. Show them that you are more of adult than you have shown yourself to be. Then I am sure it won't be long until this will just become one of those funny stories about how you were immature and got really drunk one night.
Great advice, thank you. It seems as though all is forgiven, and yeah I doubt I'll be going out drinking any time soon
yes I'll definitely email you if anything else arises, thanks for being here for me :smile:

You're welcome. :wink:
I drank wayyy too much a couple of nights ago, so much that the police were called and there was an ambulance, and my parents had to pick me up in the middle of the night. I was being sick and I was the most wasted one out of my three friends. I was found lying face down alone in the high street. I feel so embarrassed and don't know how I'll live this down! The most horrible part is that I can't remember hardly anything - God knows what I was saying/doing. My parents are acting weird around me. I'm soooo so so ashamed!!!! How can I get over this??

It wont be the last time you do it. However, you now know you "Limit" alcohol is a wonderful thing as long as long as you use it responsibly. If you really feel that bad try limiting Alcohol concumption or even doing a month of no alcohol . Enjoy Life dont worry about it

Almost everyone will have something like this happen, don't worry about it :smile: No one was harmed and you'll soon laugh about it in future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending