Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    I'm really worried about my AS Results, I'm predicted 5 A's and if I don't get them, I'll feel as if I've let myself down.

Also, good luck to everyone else, hope you get the grades you're capable of!
    And here I was, thinking that you only thought of good predicted grades as things you bribed your teachers to get.

But yes, good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really nervous about results day: I've got to get AAA for uni, and I messed up a stats 2 paper so I'm very worried that I'll miss the grades! Oh I hate results day!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Well i know i haven't got what i wanted so there's no point getting excited about my exam results. I didn't get to finish my exams so my results slip will look dire come the 19th. Bah bloody results.
    How do you know you haven't got what you wanted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    24 days left till the AS and A level results... :eek:
    Post here ur thoughts, worries, encouragements etc..to help urself and others...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo..Please stop scaringggggggggg me..
    Is there anyway we can see them earlier?

ReputationRep:
    *break down*

actually its not got that bad.

yet. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I definetly, and I mean definetly have missed my offer at Nottingham of BBB by two or three grades. I didn't answer the last question in my second computing paper which was worth 8 marks out of the 60, and the majority of my other exams were definetly not handled very well!!

Ive already become used to saying "when I go to Reading (my insurance) this september etc, so although I will be slightly gutted I will definetly be prepared already for the shock as I never realy expected to meet my offer after the exams this summer. Actualy, knowing my luck, I've probably missed the offer of BCC at Reading by a grade!! Oh well, I still have my health.

Good luck to everyone else anyways!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    How do you know you haven't got what you wanted?
    Because i didn't do all of my exams.

ReputationRep:
    You're gonna do fine people! As long as you did your very best in every exam, there's no reason why you should be disappointed.

If you got a D and you know you did you very best, you should be proud of yourself.

If you got a D and you know you could have done better, then you will feel bad.

The same kind of thing applies for any grade really - its all about what YOU expect of yourself and how well you think you can do it

The people who feel really bad about their results are usually the ones who know they didn't do their best.

There will be people who think they deserved an A but got a C and feel disappointed - but if they tried their very best and know they couldn't have tried any harder, they should be happy.

ReputationRep:
    Well I definetly tried my best, especialy in the last year regarding coursework (i tried to aim for the highest grade i possibly could achieve), revision (as i revised as much as I could stomach) and to an extent, homework. I also attended 99% of lessons, so I can definetly say that I tried my very best, but it won't pay off cuz I ain't a particularly lucky guy!!

ReputationRep:
    Results at my school are available from 9.15am so seems I will know my fate earlier than some on here. Most people do better than they expected at the end of the day so people should just relax and wait and see. Good luck to everyone and just remember whatever you achieve, whether it be AAA or CCC; its still a personal achievement.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't know what I'm going to get...I got 6 A*s/4 As for GCSE and screwed it up at AS in January. D in Psychology (predicted A) C in Gov/Pol (predicted A). Turns out the examiners were being harsh. Apparantly some of the papers were heavily undermarked...like giving out 8 for an essay question instead of 18. Worst AS results the school's had - and I'm at one of the top 10 comprehensives in the country. Psychology didn't really teach how to do the exam...they did for the summer exams. I feel like I did the best I could in the time - with a slight slip here and there...like totally fogetting a cetain area - but you always forget something. Gov/Pol - I also feel liked I nailed it. English Lang/Lit - best I could, we weren't taught that much on the poetry, and I know I slipped here and there...maybe losing a few marks for saying a poem was meant for a listening audience when it was actually meant for reading out loud to your self...stuff like that. Maths - I shouldn't have taken that in the first place, put it like that, I may scrape a C from doing good in Statistics. But I didn't revise very well...mostly two days before stuff...although I planned a week or so ahead. It took me ages to the revision notes...wasted days. But I revise by memorising so it's not too bad, considering I did day before for GCSE. I know I need to work my butt off in Year 13. Sorry for ranting. I say I'll get my A in English, I'll probably get A in the two Psychology Modules (B overall because of January). A/B in Gov/Pol modules. C in Maths. Oh general studies...NO idea, you can never say...it's so wierd. I can't say I did too well in the maths/science paper...it was dodgy GCSE stuff I hadn't done for ages. The essay kinda one...that was okay. I say A/B for that.

Having said this...I predicted As for January...

ReputationRep:
    This thread scares the hell out of me.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Is there anyway we can see them earlier?
    I WISH!!! :rolleyes:
    But I guess it'll make no difference,....

ReputationRep:
    21 more days.

ReputationRep:
    OMG. How many b***** results threads are there on this forum?! Yes, I'm worried, but I'm not obsessed.

ReputationRep:
    I think the time has arrived to refect on a girl in my geography class at GCSE who, on predicted an E, obtained an A*. ahhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockindemon)
    I think the time has arrived to refect on a girl in my geography class at GCSE who, on predicted an E, obtained an A*. ahhhh
    Last year a boy in the year above me got an E for AS geog, then resat in Jan and got an A. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Last year a boy in the year above me got an E for AS geog, then resat in Jan and got an A. :cool:
    There's hope for us all then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    I'm really worried about my AS Results, I'm predicted 5 A's and if I don't get them, I'll feel as if I've let myself down.

Also, good luck to everyone else, hope you get the grades you're capable of!
    same here!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    There's hope for us all then!
    Yeah but i don't want to have to retake exams! We have to pay for resits now

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.