Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PixelatedOwl)
    I found it harder but I always prefer non calculator. Compare answers?
    I can compare what I remember.

The first question (multiple choice) I had the last but one formula, I had 4.25 for mean estimate, for vol of cylinder I had something around 4, for speed, I had an 8.3% increase, for nails I had 76 and for tax I got the date wrong, but had £97.something

ReputationRep:
    Also, for anyone who hasn't seen, a set of photos of model answers by somebody's teacher have been widely shared on Facebook for the intermediate papers, however if you did higher, like me, the second half of the paper is the first half of ours, if you want to see how you did. I did averagely on Wednesday's paper but today looks pretty good!

ReputationRep:
    What do you all think the grade boundaries will be like?

I'm thinking
    80% - A*
    65% - A
    55% - B
    35% - C

( plus or minus 5%)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JacobPowell)
    What do you all think the grade boundaries will be like?

I'm thinking
    80% - A*
    65% - A
    55% - B
    35% - C

( plus or minus 5%)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My teachers are expecting essentially that, but the minus 5% part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tombre)
    I can compare what I remember.

The first question (multiple choice) I had the last but one formula, I had 4.25 for mean estimate, for vol of cylinder I had something around 4, for speed, I had an 8.3% increase, for nails I had 76 and for tax I got the date wrong, but had £97.something
    We had the same for everything. What date did you put?

ReputationRep:
    Also, for anyone who hasn't seen, a set of photos of model answers by somebody's teacher have been widely shared on Facebook for the intermediate papers, however if you did higher, like me, the second half of the paper is the first half of ours, if you want to see how you did. I did averagely on Wednesday's paper but today looks pretty good!
    Any chance you could share the link?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We had the same for everything. What date did you put?
    WOOP! That's so reassuring omg.

I put 1st July, but I (it's so embarrassing) for some reason put that April came after May.... I know... So that threw my month off, the answer I would've had would've been 1st August, however I've seen July 31st thrown around a lot with the "end of the month" argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JacobPowell)
    Any chance you could share the link?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    https://www.facebook.com/kayd.loviee...04?pnref=story this is the link to todays paper. If you scroll back a bit on this persons profile (I don't know them, but the photos have thousands of shares) you can see Wednesday's paper.

ReputationRep:
    WOOP! That's so reassuring omg.

I put 1st July, but I (it's so embarrassing) for some reason put that April came after May.... I know... So that threw my month off, the answer I would've had would've been 1st August, however I've seen July 31st thrown around a lot with the "end of the month" argument.
    I'd put first August. I reckon you'd get some marks right, because your maths was right but your months were a little off haha...

ReputationRep:
    I, and many of my friends put 1st of August.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think for the exams this week, the topics are reset, as it's a separate qualification, however my teachers still expect that they will want to assess some new topics that didn't come up in numeracy, such as venn diagrams. Does anyone else have any predictions?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I reckon Venn diagrams will come up. Hopefully there'll be a lot of shape and algebra.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd put first August. I reckon you'd get some marks right, because your maths was right but your months were a little off haha...
    I put the 1st of August. Some of my friends said the 31st of July. But if it was charged at the end of the month surely he would cancel it the next day.

I think for the exams this week, the topics are reset, as it's a separate qualification, however my teachers still expect that they will want to assess some new topics that didn't come up in numeracy, such as venn diagrams. Does anyone else have any predictions?
    I think in this weeks exam there will be Venn Diagrams, lots of triangles/working out the angles, cosine and sine rule, maybe highest common multiple/lowest common factor, maybe finding out the lowest multiple that is a perfect square.

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the paper today? I thought it was amazing tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I sat the mathematics higher tier as well. I thought it was easier than Numeracy, but that could be because I hate the long wordy questions that appear in Numeracy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm crying, I feel like its all screwed

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.