Turn on thread page Beta

Wanting to marry a Muslim girl watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrsingh105)
    I've just found it so hard to meet Sikh girls that dress modestly, don't drink or go out to nightclubs, and don't sleep around. There are a few, but not many at all, and the ones that I have met that don't do that stuff, I wasn't interested in.

I've met a girl who I want to marry that's a Muslim girl. Wears the hijab, abaya, prays five times a day, highly educated.

I REALLY want to marry this girl. I'd do anything to marry her.

How many Muslims would require the person they want to marry to convert before getting married? I would prefer to not do that, but if it means that I have to in order to marry her, then I will consider it.
    An insincere conversion is invalid, so to any Muslim girl who cares about her faith (which this girl you describe sounds like), you becoming a Muslim by name will hardly increase your chances as you will still be a non-Muslim technically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    What are their numbers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ur so silly roberto

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    ur so silly roberto
    I like the quiet shy girls too. In fact, my date on Friday doesn't drink. So what's your number?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't understand- you want to ask for her hand in marriage, but you haven't even got to know her properly?

Sorry if I'm just assuming but that's what I've got from reading this thread.
    I do know her. I see her in the library with one of my friends. She's there everyday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    I like the quiet shy girls too. In fact, my date on Friday doesn't drink. So what's your number?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    1234 i can't marry u 5678
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Jk :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    How is life?

I made rice the other day, or in other words, I can now be married
    It's okay. How about you?
    No. You need to learn to make a lot more before that can happen.

Well if you look at the reality, it is.
    Couldn't possibly be more different to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I've just found it so hard to meet Sikh girls that dress modestly, don't drink or go out to nightclubs, and don't sleep around. There are a few, but not many at all, and the ones that I have met that don't do that stuff, I wasn't interested in.

I've met a girl who I want to marry that's a Muslim girl. Wears the hijab, abaya, prays five times a day, highly educated.

I REALLY want to marry this girl. I'd do anything to marry her.

How many Muslims would require the person they want to marry to convert before getting married? I would prefer to not do that, but if it means that I have to in order to marry her, then I will consider it.
    U cannot convert to the religion because of a woman. U must first be willing to accept the religion in its entirety and only convert because of God otherwise im afraid you wouldnt be a true convert. Also even if u do convert, within the asian community there is a very small amount of people who would accept a convert as they would still see u as Sikh, unfortunately and u will get a lot of slack for it. Tbh its a really tough thing so i would advise really looking into firstly the religion and checking to see if u did happen to convert,would the girl and her parents (more focus on them) accept u and allow u to marry their daughter. If so, then congrats. The rest should be easy

ReputationRep:
    1234 i can't marry u 5678
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Jk :rofl:
    I'm not asking you to marry me, calm down

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    I'm not asking you to marry me, calm down

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why ?

Wouldn't you like to marry me?

I can cook rice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asiangirl_18)
    U cannot convert to the religion because of a woman. U must first be willing to accept the religion in its entirety and only convert because of God otherwise im afraid you wouldnt be a true convert. Also even if u do convert, within the asian community there is a very small amount of people who would accept a convert as they would still see u as Sikh, unfortunately and u will get a lot of slack for it. Tbh its a really tough thing so i would advise really looking into firstly the religion and checking to see if u did happen to convert,would the girl and her parents (more focus on them) accept u and allow u to marry their daughter. If so, then congrats. The rest should be easy
    I would sincerely convert if she wanted me to. And therefore I would be accepting the religion in its entirety.
    Why are you bringing the asian community in this? She's not asian. And I don't really care what the community think. She is a very intelligent girl and I doubt she will think negatively.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mockingbird)
    if ur not muslim there is 0% chance, also dont even try to convert to marry her. It wont work

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And what makes you think that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You either have to tell her how you feel for her and see what she says or let go if she's extremely religious. Most likely if she's religious, she would prefer marrying a Muslim guy but at least try and ask her Life's too short to not to say how you feel for someone.

ReputationRep:
    Why ?

Wouldn't you like to marry me?

I can cook rice!
    As lovely as you seem from the offset, I'd have to get to know you first

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    You either have to tell her how you feel for her and see what she says or let go if she's extremely religious. Most likely if she's religious, she would prefer marrying a Muslim guy but at least try and ask her Life's too short to not to say how you feel for someone.
    Oh ello

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    As lovely as you seem from the offset, I'd have to get to know you first

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What if I just make you rice?
    Isn't that enough for you to whisk me away to the nearest registry office?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBBQ)
    It's okay. How about you?
    No. You need to learn to make a lot more before that can happen.

Couldn't possibly be more different to be honest.
    Both are monotheistic. Teach that prayer brings one closer to God. Teach to do good. Etc. Be a good person. Encourage charity. Says don't drink, don't gamble, don't have sex outside marriage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What if I just make you rice?
    Isn't that enough for you to whisk me away to the nearest registry office?
    I could just buy a rice machine or something, women aren't objects smh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey Rob! How have you been?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Hey Rob! How have you been?
    Good good. I secured a date with someone I super fancy So I'm hoping she doesn't flake!
    What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    I could just buy a rice machine or something, women aren't objects smh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They have those in Wales?

You've clearly never had good rice

Not good enough to marry!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.