Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna)
    i didnt realise that was the case. i assumed it was just you, Pencil Queen and Daveo..ooh, what a coincedence!

id be generally interested in what im meant to have done or said to indicate such an idea. and then explain again, how, if i had serious designs on it, you think i believe its feasible or even wanted.
    I think we're both aware that now you can't be a mod but I know at one time there was little else on your mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Speaking of which, is it good to put "modship" on one's cv?
    Depends on what your CV is for! If it's of benefit then yes. Or you could include it as a 'hobby/interest'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    I don't get it. Why would someone want to be a mod so much? I don't think vienna does - she wouldn't do all this just to be a mod.
    im aware that you dont get much time. if i had to swap silent impartiality for my debate and disagreement, i wouldnt relish it.

ReputationRep:
    Vienna, somebody better call God, cuz he's missing an angel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I think we're both aware that now you can't be a mod but I know at one time there was little else on your mind.
    ok, so youve dropped 50% of your claim. as to the rest, im interested to know when and how i was considered 'obsessed' by it.

ReputationRep:
    ok, so youve dropped 50% of your claim. as to the rest, im interested to know when and how i was considered 'obsessed' by it.
    Probably just an instinct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Probably just an instinct.
    you'll cause an earthquake with movement like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    thanks sweetie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Awwwwwwww!!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    OMG! :eek: Vi called me a sweetie!

HOLD THE FRONT PAGES! BREAKING NEWS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)

More to the point, you called vienna an angel!!! :eek:

(Original post by shiny)

She has been known to say such words before, but usually in a mocking context, so perhaps this is something to get excited about.

ReputationRep:
    which is why i didnt.

"either way, to not inform the mods seems a little irresponsible" So what is that then?

again, you seem to fabricating ,or at least responding to, suggestions that I never made. it was the manner in which this was carried out that Im raising points with.

Well what are you suggesting then? Telling us or not telling us certainly is to do with the manner in which it is carried out is it not?

whereas i think he should have probably informed them before hand, if this meant delaying the arrival of the admin, so be it.

It was d's decision and I don't feel it's your right to criticise it. I suspect that m's appointment without the mods' knowledge may have something to do with your account problems, and if it does I think you may be being a teensy bit ungrateful.

i dont. and again, i dont know what you are implying or referring to. certainly nothing i have posted in this thread.

See my first reply

yes, i agree. i always have.

Good. So the end justifies the means then?

which use? you suggested it wasnt my role to comment on his efforts because i wasnt aware of his situation and then finish the comment off with "I think d has made what effort he can in the circumstances."..
    how did you come to that conclusion based on the same knowledge that you previously refute as unsatisfactory.

Hence my specific use of the words "I think". I'm not saying anyone "should" do anything. I am merely submitting my own hypothesis based on what knowledge I have.

the New Admin thread. which is after all, what we are discussing here and the reason i created this thread.

I've read both of them.

yes, and thats a point im raising.

In that case you seem to be arguing against yourself by saying he should have acknowledged them

"Perhaps it was expected that we wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions"

you either take the opinion that the members were within their limits and the mods overreacted, or you take the opinion the members overreacted and the mods were in their rights. youve now suggested both.

I take neither view. I think the the members overreacted a wee bit, but it was perfectly understandable in the circumstances, and that the mods were also within their limits.

which was thus irrelevant and based on nothing but your opinion of me.

No it wasn't. Now who's guessing? My other response was, I re-read and decided not to say that, instead saying what I did say. It was only irrelevant if your comment was, since it was a direct reply to that.

youre awfully quick to bring in irrelevant and misleading suggestions as being representative of my opinion or comment.

Possibly because you post so many misleading suggestions.

no. in which case, id be interested in the relevance of this, since it had no bearing on anything proceeding it. "If you are ever asked to be a mod, then good luck into transforming this place into a more transparent and I am most sure better place to talk. But so far you've not been asked, so please remember that you are a member"

Similar to what I was mentioning later on. The forum team decide what goes on, the members make suggestions if they feel they are needed. The members do not decide what goes on. Nobody told the forum team they had to let us post here, d is doing it out of the goodness of his heart (and his pocket by the sounds of it). So we should not treat this forum as a public institution. If you were a mod (and I use that term in a most hypothetical way that does not scream of any conspiracy theory in the least since you didn't seem to understand that in my last post), then you would be in more of a position to say what should be done. However you are not a mod, so please remember who has the power. Not the members, in almost every case, for good reason.

all the evidence blatantly shows that i do. any private conversations were at the request of the mods. i think its clear that youre not only guessing again, but a little out of your depth. id like you to find one person who puts more stress on airing views in the public forum, than me.

Vienna I am fully confident....perhaps certain...that there is nobody else who airs their views more than you do. That doesn't make it a good thing, nor does it make your views any more justified or correct. The old "quality is better than quantity" saying I believe. If I am out of my depth, which I don't feel that I am, it's because I put more emphasis on enjoying the forum rather than picking holes in it.

seeming and being are too different things. the latter has not be proven or determined.

Well since it wasn't done out in the open I cannot say it is not legitimate. It has been mentioned that since you gained access to forum 51, the subscribers feel the forum's restricted nature has been compromised and are scared to post in the manner they are accustomed to, not necessarily because that manner needed any more moderation.

interesting but not valuable to the points being raised.

You made the (unsubstantiated) point that I had solid principles of forum etiquette. I was explaining my view on the matter. Therefore it was relevant if not valuable. Some might say this entire discussion is not valuable to the forum, but we're having it anyway.

start by addressing the unsubstantiated claims you made.

I'd like to know what any supposed unsubstantiated claims I've made have to do with me possibly mistakenly saying your account was hacked.

make a point based on fallacy? im all ears.

Well if it was a fallacy, I'm certainly not the only one to be making them.

as i said, you are unaware of the procedural measures i took. unaware of what i related to the mods. unaware of their response. unaware of the points i raised and unaware of their performance in relation to f51. while your opinion is welcome, your comments on such have little to no traction.

Do enlighten me vienna. Since this is certainly in relation to the mechanics of the public forum, should it not be transparent?

that would be the privacy between two members, again. i dont think youve grasped the meaning of transparency in relation to the workings of this forum. the distinction certainly isnt being made.

I've grasped it. It seems however in your case the lines are blurred between private and forum related since you seem to spend much of your time 'working towards the greater good of the forum".

bearing in mind my actions are going to be broadly unpopular, yes.

And why are your actions going to be broadly unpopular? Also why do you say "going to be" rather than "would be"? That distinctly sounds like you are planning to take action, and to do that it would suggest you would be a moderator. Hmmmmm interesting.

the discussion is related to the introduction of a new admin to the forum. all of a sudden you seem to be more interested in turning this into what vienna did or didnt do. im interested in such motives.
    Not at all not at all. I'm merely replying to the comments you raise. You initiated this discussion after all. Are you seeing another conspiracy?
    I'll tell you my motives if you tell me yours .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)

You don't need to get married to a hairy-chested Irishman after all shiny!
    Forum wedding number 3! Yay!

ReputationRep:
    dont this get tedious?

ReputationRep:
    What? Debating? Vienna seems to love it.
    Or forum weddings? Nah never

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    What? Debating? Vienna seems to love it.
    Or forum weddings? Nah never
    aimless debating, writing essay after essay of utter horse crap over how someone should run their website...:rolleyes:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    im aware that you dont get much time. if i had to swap silent impartiality for my debate and disagreement, i wouldnt relish it.
    So you would turn it down if offered?

ReputationRep:
    "either way, to not inform the mods seems a little irresponsible" So what is that then?
    not claiming its irresponsible to be busy and not calling into question his intent.

Well what are you suggesting then? Telling us or not telling us certainly is to do with the manner in which it is carried out is it not?
    the first on the post is quite clear. i dont understand the second sentence.

See my first reply
    i didnt "judge d's motives as irresponsible". you can clearly see that. i found the action irresponsible and you blatantly turn it to make it look as though thats what i was suggesting and then claim thats what i said when its obviously not the case. very poor form.

Good. So the end justifies the means then?
    no, as you should be aware by now.

Hence my specific use of the words "I think". I'm not saying anyone "should" do anything. I am merely submitting my own hypothesis based on what knowledge I have.
    which is no more than me, and to which you wrote off, thats the whole point here. and one i made, "how did you come to that conclusion based on the same knowledge that you previously refute as unsatisfactory"

In that case you seem to be arguing against yourself by saying he should have acknowledged them
    hehe, how? he wasnt around as you said, im saying he should have acknowledged them, as you said.

No it wasn't. Now who's guessing?
    certainly not me. "I did not miss it", so you intentionally suggested that I had referred to myself in this manner? the only reason for doing so, knowing it was based on nothing i said, would be because you had some ideas of your own about me.

Possibly because you post so many misleading suggestions.
    such as?

Similar to what I was mentioning later on. The forum team decide what goes on, the members make suggestions if they feel they are needed. The members do not decide what goes on. Nobody told the forum team they had to let us post here, d is doing it out of the goodness of his heart (and his pocket by the sounds of it). So we should not treat this forum as a public institution. If you were a mod (and I use that term in a most hypothetical way that does not scream of any conspiracy theory in the least since you didn't seem to understand that in my last post), then you would be in more of a position to say what should be done. However you are not a mod, so please remember who has the power. Not the members, in almost every case, for good reason.
    im making said suggestions, whats the problem? other than your suggestions dont tally with mine?

Vienna I am fully confident....perhaps certain...that there is nobody else who airs their views more than you do. That doesn't make it a good thing, nor does it make your views any more justified or correct.
    so there was no need to mention this or the suggestions relating to it, "Raise your points in here, rather than in clandestine discussions with mods perhaps?"

Well since it wasn't done out in the open I cannot say it is not legitimate.
    but you tried all the same. "Your wish to check up on the subscribers forum doesn't seem legitimate to me "

It has been mentioned that since you gained access to forum 51, the subscribers feel the forum's restricted nature has been compromised and are scared to post in the manner they are accustomed to, not necessarily because that manner needed any more moderation.
    a manner that was subsequently prohibited, subject to increased moderation and the benefits of which were supported by the mods.

interesting but not valuable to the points being raised.

You made the (unsubstantiated) point that I had solid principles of forum etiquette..
    entirely substantiated when i quoted ""It's not up to members to say what should and shouldn't happen"

I'd like to know what any supposed unsubstantiated claims I've made have to do with me possibly mistakenly saying your account was hacked.
    the one you dodged. "it seems you want to encourage the conspiracy"

relating to the latter inaccuracy, i preceded it with "incidentally,"

make a point based on fallacy? im all ears.

Well if it was a fallacy, I'm certainly not the only one to be making them.
    if so, you cant point them out

Do enlighten me vienna. Since this is certainly in relation to the mechanics of the public forum, should it not be transparent?
    that would be a matter for the mods since i dont hold the "power". i was offered access into someone else account with consent. whether this was effecting the forum or not is a matter and responsibility for the mods.

I've grasped it. It seems however in your case the lines are blurred between private and forum related since you seem to spend much of your time 'working towards the greater good of the forum".
    how is that blurred? funny, you seem to be again more interested in my activity rather than discussing the topic at hand.

Not at all not at all. I'm merely replying to the comments you raise.
    what was this in reply to, "If you are ever asked to be a mod, then good luck into transforming this place into a more transparent and I am most sure better place to talk. But so far you've not been asked, so please remember that you are a member and leave the policy making to the bigwigs (Sorry forum team. Term of respect you know )."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    So you would turn it down if offered?
    that would depend entirely on the circumstance, although at the present time yes.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.