Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone else really dislike america? watch

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Don't forget to mention racism. Or do you count racism to discrimination automatically?
    Racism as well sorry.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Illimitable)
    Racism as well sorry.
    What about the fact that there is always a two-party-system, so the election between Republicans and Democrats only? are there another parties anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnr_23)
    6. their language. its just incorrect english.
    oh. the. iron. knee

:borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    oh. the. iron. knee

:borat:
    hahaahaha i think its fairly obvious im not one to bother using apostrophes!!

anyway yeah it wasnt a very serious point its more a pet hate of mine

ReputationRep:
    The Americas are beautiful lands. It is the people that spoil her. American culture is democratic capitalist which is no good for the soul. Native Americans have had their lands stolen by the white folk or Europeans (Migrated Albinos)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by myfutureself+1)
    The Americas are beautiful lands. It is the people that spoil her. American culture is democratic capitalist which is no good for the soul. Native Americans have had their lands stolen by the white folk or Europeans (Migrated Albinos)
    Yeah, it is well known that the original Americans, so called redskins, were stolen and even killed by those people. If I consider that those redskins were living in nature and treated their surroundings with respect - so the opposite of the democratic capitalists in presence - it is a great loss of a fascinating culture and a shame at the same time.

The lands are the only ones which remained. But it is just a matter of time till the (white and black) Americans have destroyed those ones too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnr_23)
    can you provide me with points to like/dislike america
    Yes, probably hundreds. You cannot write off an entire nation, arbitrarily! It has it's good and its bad points. Some say, people get the government they deserve, I'd say that's just about the most stinging indictment of the yanks, but don't think it stands, personally, as the average American has absolutely no say in the stinking oligarchic 'in club' that is their political system :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redpimpernel)
    7. You are using "Feminazis", a term coined by a far-right American writer as a form of mockery towards feminists. Which is pretty ironic, as you seem to have a distaste towards everything that is American and even their use of English, yet you are ready to use terminology coined within the US. With this been said, allow me to educate you on what it means to be a "feminist". I don't know if you are aware of it (probably not, as you are so eager to adopt terminology used by the far-right, usually composed by people that don't characterize themselves as being the brightest bulbs) but the term "feminism" in itself seeks the equality between men and women. Moreover, I can assure you that the UK is far more politically correct than the US. Also the US, like the UK, systematically persecuted and oppressed those who they regarded as unequal or barbarians that ad to be taught the ways of the white men. Yet, you claim to be above it.
    I consider myself an egalitarian and I call feminists feminazis. I think its an apt description of what is a gendered sexist authoritarian ideology that promotes hatred and female supremacy. Saying they stand for equality doesn't make them so. Nazis used to say the same thing. They used to believe that they stood for equality too. Truth of course is very far from that.

#KillAllMen
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/killallmen

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.