Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim boy wants to be with me, I'm Muslim too watch

ReputationRep:
    OP met this male very recently , and people are commenting about marriage lel

(Original post by samantham999)
    Wow you're so blind. Maybe because he needs to marry you to sleep with you because erm nikah literally means "sex" and in order for this to happen he needs to be on good terms with your father who will let you marry him?
    Nikah does not literally mean sex. 😅😂
    Was this sarcasm?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Nikah does not literally mean sex. 😅😂
    Was this sarcasm?
    The whole reason a nikah is put in place is to allow sexual contact you moron, its an agreement to allow sexual interaction.

I wouldn't say blind, a bit naive perhaps. It seems like a lot of effort to go to just to get a girl to sleep with you. Surely it'd just be easier to go after another girl entirely who doesn't have a religious family, then he wouldn't have to tread carefully either.
    Erm maybe because he is a muslim boy?

ReputationRep:
    I am interested in having a relationship with him, but I would need to know him for a long time before I even considered marrying him. At the moment, I know very little about him and I need to know more about the kind of person he is and that is why I want to hang out with him. He may act differently if my father is with me because he's limited as to what he can and can't say to me - he practically ignores me if I'm stood with my father, but if I'm with friends around our age then he is likely to be a lot more relaxed, and himself.
    Firstly,you never truly know anyone no matter how long u have a relationship with them, whether it is halal or not. Why do u think couples who have known each other for ten years and more who finally marry can't stay together for too long? No one is going to show u their bad habits or bad side when ur going out etc. Its only when u live with them will u know what theyr truly like. Not saying he i S badly but we all have bad habits and we try to hide them when dating but u cant hide them once married. So the getting to know him for a long long time doesn't ensure the success of ur marriage if there was ever to be one.

There's reason he ignores u when ur dad is around. He knows, as I'm sure u do, that if he begins to get it on or whatever with u ur dad isn't gonna take kindly to that at all. If he is interested he needs to speak to ur dad. Cutting ur dad outta the picture and texting etc is just gonna make the end situation worse. Then even if u guys do get serious and want to marry, there is no way ur dad will allow it and that's just gonna cause excess tension and heartbreak. I get that it's awkward to talk to ur dad about it so that's fine. Text the guy and tell him to talk to ur dad about how he would like to be friends with you. If the dad is okay with that then u guys can talk as u have asked permission. If not then respect what ur father wants. He is only trying to protect u at the end of the day. And the guy shud respect this if he is actually serious.

ReputationRep:
    The whole reason a nikah is put in place is to allow sexual contact you moron, its an agreement to allow sexual interaction.
    Nikah is the swapping of duty/obligation/care of the woman to her husband as then it is the duty of the husband then to provide and care for the woman. And ofc sexual interaction comes into this otherwise how would u seal the bond of marriage and have kids?

(Original post by Asiangirl_18)
    Nikah is the swapping of duty/obligation/care of the woman to her husband as then it is the duty of the husband then to provide and care for the woman. And ofc sexual interaction comes into this otherwise how would u seal the bond of marriage and have kids?
    Are you stupid? Nikah allows interaction between the wife and husband you idiot why the hell do you think its fardh?

"and ofc sexual interaction comes into this" LOOOOOOL this is whole reason for nikah you fool

ReputationRep:
    Are you stupid? Nikah allows interaction between the wife and husband you idiot why the hell do you think its fardh?

"and ofc sexual interaction comes into this" LOOOOOOL this is whole reason for nikah you fool
    Nikah is what makes them wife and husband. And u dnt have to be quite so rude thnx

(Original post by Asiangirl_18)
    Nikah is what makes them wife and husband. And u dnt have to be quite so rude thnx
    Yes it does but it is what allows interaction especially sexual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Basically this.

Since he has your dad's number, tell him to speak to your dad about marriage.
    His response will tell you if he's serious or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm curious hun, you tell Muslim girls on here not to talk to other boys at all and yet you talk to Muslim boys yourself on the ISOC?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it does but it is what allows interaction especially sexual.
    Well thats obvious i never denied that.

U just made it sound like thats all the nikah is for

ReputationRep:
    He wants to sleep with you, he doesn't want you. X
    But then why would he get on really great terms with my dad and want to stay in contact with him, repeatedly mention how he doesn't want any old fun relationship but wants a serious one with me (his words), and keep dropping hints about a future marriage. He hasn't said anything sexually explicit to me at all either (not yet anyway) that would indicate he only wants to sleep with me.
    Ignore that girl hun. She's just very bitter

Anyway, imo I think it's great your dad knows him. You seem like a nice girl and you're old enough to make your own decisions. Maybe just invite him and his family for dinner with your family or something? You did say your dad really liked him and maybe if you invited him and his family over you'll get to know him better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    I'm curious hun, you tell Muslim girls on here not to talk to other boys at all and yet you talk to Muslim boys yourself on the ISOC?
    Exchanging numbers privately and talking on a public forum are two very different things. Learn the difference hun x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutellme)
    The fact he's gotten to know your dad suggests that he's not just going to use you, and if he did only get to know your dad so well in order to get closer to you seems like a plus.

YEEEEAAAAHHH Maynnne!!

The dude seems like a reasonable guy, take the chance habibi

ReputationRep:
    Don't quite understand how some people think 2 weeks of OP and the guy knowing eachother is a sufficient period of time to start making plans of marriage.

OP take your time getting to know him

Chit chat with him is fine, ignore the self-righteous Muslims who would get rid of all fun and enjoyment off the face of the earth if they could. im a Muslim woman and when I first met my future husband we also had private chit chat, it doesn't have to be inappropriate or sexual fgs, private chit chat can still be perfectly civil and ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Exchanging numbers privately and talking on a public forum are two very different things. Learn the difference hun x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But they both involve communication of the two sexes (before marriage/courtship) and for all I know you could be talking to male ISOC members over PM?

Lol why are you tagging me? Blind cretin
    Deliberately my lovely Oh yeah and your insults are very boring. Try harder x

Chit chat with him is fine, ignore the self-righteous Muslims who would get rid of all fun and enjoyment off the face of the earth if they could. im a Muslim woman and when I first met my future husband we also had private chit chat, it doesn't have to be inappropriate or sexual fgs, private chit chat can still be perfectly civil and ok
    Thank you for responding yes I don't mind conversing with him privately at all as long as he isn't being disrespectful towards me and so far he isn't, if he was then I would stop talking to him. I don't think it's that big of a deal to speak to a boy privately to get to know what he's like, I just don't feel like getting my parents involved so early on like some are suggesting, it makes me feel like a child that needs parental supervision for something very basic. It's also my business so I want to deal with it my own way without parental interference.

(Original post by childofthesun)
    Don't quite understand how some people think 2 weeks of OP and the guy knowing eachother is a sufficient period of time to start making plans of marriage.

OP take your time getting to know him
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    My father, mother and I went to this other town to stay a couple of weeks ago, and there was a boy working there. He was more interested in speaking to my father than me, they were both laughing hysterically together and got on so well they exchanged numbers. We kept coming back to this place everyday and the boy would only speak to my dad and then he finally spoke to me and asked for my number when we were alone.

Over text, he keeps telling me how much he likes me and 'wants a serious relationship with me'. He says things like 'your father won't mind' or 'your dad will understand that I like you' etc. I don't know if he is a being serious or not, did he get to know my dad so he could get in his good books then speak to me? I don't know if he'll just try and use me.
    Lol I think that's pretty weird to say over text tbh but its up to you. You should go out with him if you like him but I wouldn't say think about relationship so soon?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2016
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.