The Student Room Group

Do you drink alcohol?

Scroll to see replies

It depends. I've been supping a bit recently but can go months without a drop at times as well.

You can't beat a good IPA though after a long day.
Original post by tg1998
Twice a week max. I like the odd drink, hate getting drunk, fun at the time but Not worth it the morning after. Done it once and never again.

Why? Because I like the taste and the mild effect of alcohol. Oh and if it reduces the risk of cardiac arrest (red wine) why wouldn't you.

Oh and by the way, drinkers on average live two years longer than those who are teetotal!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Red wine does far more harm than good :colonhash:
And I really doubt that drinker stat's accuracy.
Original post by iEthan
Eugh! :yucky:

Indeed haha. :tongue:
I hate the taste of most things I've tried. I don't drink fizzy drinks either so... I do have wine when someone else has supplied it for a special occasions and Bulmers if I'm watching football but otherwise not really :smile:
Yes i drink gasoline
Reply 45

Further proof that TSR is nowhere near representative of the student demographic :mmm:
Nah mate... I consume it, thus unfortunately I cannot take part in your little poll
Original post by RobML

Further proof that TSR is nowhere near representative of the student demographic :mmm:

Agreed - how the hell was every day not on there.
No never.
Original post by ions
I drink because it helps me to become more confident and without any alcohol I just feel slightly uncomfortable at parties. I would also never dance without alcohol. Luckily I don't really get hangovers and have become used to the taste so I don't mind drinking at all.

Really respect people who can be at parties etc without alcohol though. Just makes me feel uncomfortable.

This
Reply 50
Original post by mobbsy91
This

Glad someone feels the same.
Every once in a while. The last time was in Ibiza in August. I don't like the taste and it usually upsets my tummy, even if I haven't got drunk.
yes ... :beer:
Original post by ions
Glad someone feels the same.

Yeh. In freshers week last year, this girl who doesn't drink, came out every night with us, and had an amazing time - no ****ing clue how.... I was there off my face and was in amazement xD
Reply 54
Yeh. In freshers week last year, this girl who doesn't drink, came out every night with us, and had an amazing time - no ****ing clue how.... I was there off my face and was in amazement xD

That's some kind of talent isnt it
Original post by ions
That's some kind of talent isnt it

Yeh - the kind I can only pull off when drunk :biggrin:
on certain occasions :holmes:
I drink because:

1) I like the taste (acquired taste)
2) It helps me let loose and be silly

also it gives me an excuse to do regretful things on a night out I can always say "not my fault, I was drunk" lol

still I don't like the hangovers and the belly flab but they're manageable for me...
Yeh - the kind I can only pull off when drunk :biggrin:

I normally have a couple of pints once a week. I drink lager though, none of that bitter for me!
I do drink but not that often. Will probably drink more at uni though but hopefully not to the point where I get full on drunk all the time.

Quick Reply

Latest