Turn on thread page Beta

Could you date a person that has a much superior intellect? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes, as long as they aint arrogant or cocky about it.

ReputationRep:
    I once dated a man who frequently boasted about his towering high IQ - never quite saw the evidence of it, but he would always boast how he 'could have got into Cambridge if he wanted to'. He was cute and interesting at first, then his agenda centered around belittling me at every single opportunity, particularly around my chosen Masters subjects (I studied Spanish and Catalan, he studied Psychology). Every essay I had to write up, he naturally knew much more about it than I did, would constantly make me second guess myself, and when I got 1sts it was a 'miracle' as I am 'a bit of an airhead'. Yet when he got 3rds in his after boozing his way through the semester, it was my fault for not spell-checking his essays, for not correcting the plethora of ideas he majestically misconstrued and insulting all the major lecturers in his department. There were plenty of nasty things about him outside of academics, but I eventually ditched him once I realised just how much he salivated over his own image.

ReputationRep:
    yes i admire nothing more than intelligence
    would certainly make a nice change to all the dumbasses i date
    seriously even some of the supposed 'smart' people i know are really dumb deep down
    so damn annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    If he's humble about it and not be a show off kutta, then sure.

Otherwise, boy bye.
    :rofl: :rofl:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.