Turn on thread page Beta

Should a second UK Referendum be called? watch

ReputationRep:
    FACT CHECK - No Need For A 2nd Referendum. The question was already asked and answered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    We are primarily a sock importing country. The fall in the pound since the Brexit vote will increase the price of socks.

Tariffs on socks will also drive up the price if no free trade deal is reached.

However at the luxury end of the market UK sock prices may fall if Common Agricultural Policy reform favour sheep farmers.

Selina Scott who has a mohair sock-making business was a highly visible pro-Brexit campigner
    Socks are for wussy continentals anyway. British feet are much more hardy, we'll just barefoot it from now on.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Absolutely not, the vote has been done and should be left at that.

ReputationRep:
    No - People had there chance to vote.

ReputationRep:
    No, and why? Because I can only anticipate the same outcome first rendering the recall a massive waste of time and money and a flop.

ReputationRep:
    Ive always maintained that you can just re run the referendum because you dont like outcome - thats not how it works.

However i do have an issue with the original question. those voting for leave didnt really know what they were voting for (thats not an attack on their intelligence at all, its that there was no information available). Tim farron summed it up best by saying theyve voted for departure but not a destination.

Had we been given more information about what brexit would be like the vote might be different. a soft brexit might have seen some remainers vote out and a hard brexit might have discouraged some of the leavers who were on the fence.

SO im very torn, i think we should have been able to vote whilst knowing the rough direction that brexit would take us in but that said i dont want another referendum because that is sore loserism

ReputationRep:
    Haha, no :lolwut:

/EndThread

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.