Turn on thread page Beta

What would you do if you had a 2-faced friend? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just what I was thinking. Why on earth would you have an enemy? I don't think I have ever met anybody in my entire life [i'm 49 in a few weeks] who has ever had an enemy. That's either immature or downright scary,tbh.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by markova21)
    Just what I was thinking. Why on earth would you have an enemy? I don't think I have ever met anybody in my entire life [i'm 49 in a few weeks] who has ever had an enemy. That's either immature or downright scary,tbh.
    Yeah, I mean there's people that are ***** but you just don't give them the time of day. Or any attention, giving them attention leads to people like Donald Trump.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    Don't lie.

Anyway someone who you just really don't get on with,who you see all the time, in or outside of work. In simple terms without putting details out, that's obv an enemy and most ppl unfortunately have one. There's nothing immature about knowing someone who dutifully causes you grief because they've got a mental problem or something. Maybe you don't get out much Idk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    giving them attention leads to people like Donald Trump.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ...Please explain your logic without derailing my thread any further, cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Don't lie.

Anyway someone who you just really don't get on with,who you see all the time, in or outside of work. In simple terms without putting details out, that's obv an enemy and most ppl unfortunately have one. There's nothing immature about knowing someone who dutifully causes you grief because they've got a mental problem or something. Maybe you don't get out much Idk.
    I wouldn't call someone who you don't get on with an enemy. There are plenty of people I don't like and haven't liked over the years, and in turn plenty of people who haven't liked me. I would hardly go as far to call them enemies. My definition of an enemy is someone who wants to knife you. Oh and if someone causes you grief because they have a mental problem then that isn't their fault.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    ...Please explain your logic without derailing my thread any further, cheers
    Done in a PM

Don't lie.

Like I say, that's not really an enemy - just someone who's a bit of a ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I'm honestly sick to my stomach thinking of it. Like I feel physically ill all over. And I'm shaking and fuming because I wanna approach it wisely but I'm offended in the meantime.

So basically: if you had a friend who you went to and grieved to them about stress and enemies (as you do, yes or no?).

And this "friend" of yours proceeds to relay and gossip that information to others which you confided to them about. And acts buddy buddy with your pronounced enemy when your back is turnt but then trash talks your enemy to you still? Like it's all good, like you don't see what they're about. Basically swinging back and forth just being fake and disloyal to everyone?

Would you:
    talk to them about it as calmly (or not) as you can?
    ignore it and let the **** boil over?
    quietly unfriend them and act like they don't exist?
    or give them a taste of their own medicine and reveal how fake they are?
    LOL I thought you meant two faced- as in literally a friend with two faces!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.