Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NigletMan100)
    Foundation right? i took it too. I feel the same, i estimated 70 marks correct.. is that in the passing rate? what did you estimate?
    Normally the foundation papers require above 100 marks as you can only get a C.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vlonethug)
    i was so confused on that haha , i can't even remember what i put it was probably wrong tbh...
    I got 0.90m/90cm if that's what u got...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tuchaynz)
    Normally the foundation papers require above 100 marks as you can only get a C.
    The C grade's are generally 133-142 (from past papers) dependant on how hard they are. So if you're lucky, high 60's can get u a Grade C.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OtakuFreak)
    The C grade's are generally 133-142 (from past papers) dependant on how hard they are. So if you're lucky, high 60's can get u a Grade C.
    Oh ok. I did higher and I hope that the boundaries are low. Somewhere between 53 and 62. Hopefully it's nowhere near 70 like this past june. That's why a lot of people failed, plus the exam was a bit tricky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OtakuFreak)
    Security box? You mean the B3 one? If so, 1/9, I did a two way table
    How many marks do you reckon you got??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vlonethug)
    How many marks do you reckon you got??
    In total for the paper? No idea, I was using all my time to re-read questions and check them, to which 2 was wrong...

+ It was so ****ing cold in my sports hall and i was told to take my coat off eventho pretty much everyone else had theirs on? Okay, but i guess mine is big so i can hide stuff they think?

ReputationRep:
    it was very hard, yet I counted about 60-70 marks i could possibly get - re-taking so i could get that A. But the last queston was a MYTH

ReputationRep:
    I did higher and I was extremely stressing. I didn't even understand half of the questions so I assume edexcel must lower the boundaries to 50-60 as everyone is complaining about it... They gave us predicted paper to study from and none of the question not even 1 came from there... Very disappointed and everyone is ....

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, every year the november re-takes are normally with the same grade boundaries as the one in June. Therefore im thinking for say a B, it will be the ridiculous 105+ for a B, and 145 for an A. But I reckon if i boss the friday one i could possibly get an A after getting perhaps 60 in this one. Hopefully

(Original post by Mia32)
    I did higher and I was extremely stressing. I didn't even understand half of the questions so I assume edexcel must lower the boundaries to 50-60 as everyone is complaining about it... They gave us predicted paper to study from and none of the question not even 1 came from there... Very disappointed and everyone is ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleurwest)
    it was very hard, yet I counted about 60-70 marks i could possibly get - re-taking so i could get that A. But the last queston was a MYTH
    Do you remember what the last question was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorFader)
    Do you remember what the last question was?
    loool not at all, all i remember is i did some working out but was lost as to what the actual answer was

ReputationRep:
    For me, I just need a C as long as I got C I am very happy!!! But looking at the paper I don't feel like I won't even achieve a c !!!

The thing is, every year the november re-takes are normally with the same grade boundaries as the one in June. Therefore im thinking for say a B, it will be the ridiculous 105+ for a B, and 145 for an A. But I reckon if i boss the friday one i could possibly get an A after getting perhaps 60 in this one. Hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mkumar19)
    What did you get for the inversely proportion
    I got 12 what about u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mia32)
    For me, I just need a C as long as I got C I am very happy!!! But looking at the paper I don't feel like I won't even achieve a c !!!
    My love, you must have belief in yourself - you can honestly do whatever you set your mind too and if all else fails take again in June. If you know within yourself that you tried your hardest then you cannot do much more. Preparedness is key, i suggest working very hard on your challenging subjects until friday and you will succeed.

good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Awwww thankyou very much and nope I am told that I'm not allowed to take it in June from my college so I'm just gonna wait till my results if I don't get c I will retake in other college in June by paying as that's the only option I have !!! Good luck to you !!!!

My love, you must have belief in yourself - you can honestly do whatever you set your mind too and if all else fails take again in June. If you know within yourself that you tried your hardest then you cannot do much more. Preparedness is key, i suggest working very hard on your challenging subjects until friday and you will succeed.

good luck x

ReputationRep:
    If anyone can reply to me with the unofficial mark scheme for the edexel higher I would appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feride)
    I can't remember wich question
    I was very sad when I saw the questions 😞 But I think I can get only 15 marks 😢

me too i probably got 10 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lokan*)
    me too i probably got 10 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭
    Well done for AQA I can't say more (((

ReputationRep:
    The paper was little tricky, but i believe it was better than the one in June. The first half was manageable but it got increasingly harder after that - the last few questions i didn't even get to attempt because the time flew by! I'm hoping i got atleast a high B so i can ace the Friday paper and get an A overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorFader)
    Are you sure it was that bad? Maybe you are over-thinking it, you probably have done a lot better than you thought.
    I hope but ni idea

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 11, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.