Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicsnerd)
    I applied on the 14th of October. Do you think I should be worried?
    There seems to be no one on this thread who submitted after the 12th who has received an offer?
    There are someone submitted after the 12th got offers. They have several admission cycles! Don't worry I know quite a lot of people got offers around February last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jozanic)
    What did you do for the 'Date' section? Is it the date you did the exam or the current date?
    I think is the date I did the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicsnerd)
    I applied on the 14th of October. Do you think I should be worried?
    There seems to be no one on this thread who submitted after the 12th who has received an offer?
    I applied on the 14th Oct too and I haven't got offer either (although I don't think I will). Don't worry, there's still time 😉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dyuunn)
    Anyone applied to Econ + Stats course and got an offer, or is it just Econ applicants?

I dread the wait but hopefully things work out in the end
    I applied to Econ + Stats for hope of the AAA offer, and also that they're more mathematical! Hopefully we'll hear soon, I don't think anybody has heard from them yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanchit117)
    I applied to Econ + Stats for hope of the AAA offer, and also that they're more mathematical! Hopefully we'll hear soon, I don't think anybody has heard from them yet
    If you do Further Maths, they will give the AAA offer. If you do only Maths, then it will be an A*AA offer.
    What subjects are you doing in A-Levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    If you do Further Maths, they will give the AAA offer. If you do only Maths, then it will be an A*AA offer.
    What subjects are you doing in A-Levels?
    I do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics - in which case I should hopefully get the AAA offer!

Did you also apply for this course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanchit117)
    I do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics - in which case I should hopefully get the AAA offer!

Did you also apply for this course?
    Yeah.
    I did the same exact subjects last year and they gave me an AAA conditional offer. However, they will say ask you to get it in Maths, Further Maths and Economics. They won't take Physics into account at all for some reason.

Spoiler:
    Show

I marginally missed my LSE offer for BSc Economics last year, that is why I am applying again this year.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.
    I did the same exact subjects last year and they gave me an AAA conditional offer. However, they will say ask you to get it in Maths, Further Maths and Economics. They won't take Physics into account at all for some reason.

Spoiler:
    Show

I marginally missed my LSE offer for BSc Economics last year, that is why I am applying again this year.

Wait so if you do further maths they give you AAA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liberalluv)
    Wait so if you do further maths they give you AAA?
    He was talking about Economics and Statistics, not Economics.
    It mentions it in their website as well. For Economics and Statistics course, if you have Maths and Further Maths, the offer will be AAA, if you only have Maths, then it will be A*AA.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.

Spoiler:
    Show

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right, fair enough!

What grades are you applying with then this year?

ReputationRep:
    He was talking about Economics and Statistics, not Economics.
    It mentions it in their website as well. For Economics and Statistics course, if you have Maths and Further Maths, the offer will be AAA, if you only have Maths, then it will be A*AA.
    What if I have already achieved A* in mathematics and am taking further maths but self-teaching it as a fourth subject?

Oh well.....

ReputationRep:
    What if I have already achieved A* in mathematics and am taking further maths but self-teaching it as a fourth subject?

Oh well.....
    I dont know, but I guess they will ask you for AA in Economics and Further Maths.

ReputationRep:

Oh well.....
    Well what did you get in your third subject?
    If you already got the A* in Maths there is little reason for them to specify you also need an A in FM (assuming you already got an A in your third and second subjects).

Their requirements only state A*AA with A* in Maths, or AAA with A in Maths and A in FM.

I got an A in Maths, B in French, and A* in Econ and self studying FM during my gap year predicted A.
    So I'm hoping I get a conditional A in FM – but not sure if they look down upon students doing FM during Gap Year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petermp)
    Well what did you get in your third subject?
    If you already got the A* in Maths there is little reason for them to specify you also need an A in FM (assuming you already got an A in your third and second subjects).

Their requirements only state A*AA with A* in Maths, or AAA with A in Maths and A in FM.

I got an A in Maths, B in French, and A* in Econ and self studying FM during my gap year predicted A.
    So I'm hoping I get a conditional A in FM – but not sure if they look down upon students doing FM during Gap Year
    I hope that they don't want an A in further maths as you say. I got A* in maths in year 12 and did four other AS subjects and got As in all of them, so hopefully I don't get an AAA offer as self-studying further maths is seeming to be a bit of a challenge.

In your case I'd guess they would like an A in further maths. As you have your grades at A level with A* in economics and A in Maths, I'm sure you'll be a solid applicant!

ReputationRep:
    I hope that they don't want an A in further maths as you say. I got A* in maths in year 12 and did four other AS subjects and got As in all of them, so hopefully I don't get an AAA offer as self-studying further maths is seeming to be a bit of a challenge.

In your case I'd guess they would like an A in further maths. As you have your grades at A level with A* in economics and A in Maths, I'm sure you'll be a solid applicant!
    Four As at separate AS and an A* in maths is an impressive feat. But I doubt they'd ask for FM then – unless they're in the mood for being dicks..

My main worry for me though are my GCSEs. I don't know how much emphasis they place on them which is a pain, but i do know that they particularly like Language GCSEs.
    Brace yourself: A in Maths, A* French, A Spanish, and then BCCDD!!

Also my personal statement was 90% Economics focussed with 10% discussing econometrics and models, so I hope the reviewing Department of Statistics don't see that as a turn-off.

ReputationRep:
    Any international applicants got offers for L100 now??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carol_cheng)
    Any international applicants got offers for L100 now??
    Still waiting. I've only received 1/5 decisions so far (applied October 13), starting to believe that international applicants really do get offers later than A-level students.

ReputationRep:
    what did you do? IB? I'm international but also do alevel.
    (Original post by FriltonMiedman)
    Still waiting. I've only received 1/5 decisions so far (applied October 13), starting to believe that international applicants really do get offers later than A-level students.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone waiting on Econ and Stats? LG13

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.