The Student Room Group

Muslims, how would you react if your friend or sibling came out?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I would kill them

so you don't mind going to hell then I'm presuming?

In response to the OP I would accept them. I have a few friends who came out but I didn't treat them any differently or think of them differently. They're still the same person in my eyes.
(edited 7 years ago)
I think it is an awful sin and I would be very shocked to hear that from my brother. My parents brought us up to be good men, good husbands and good fathers in the future and to do what is right. I would be very sad if he revelled against our family and our values like that.
Reply 42
Original post by BigTraderBoi
I think it is an awful sin and I would be very shocked to hear that from my brother. My parents brought us up to be good men, good husbands and good fathers in the future and to do what is right. I would be very sad if he revelled against our family and our values like that.

Yes, loving someone is such an awful sin :rolleyes:

This post highlights everything that is wrong with Islam and why it will never match Western societies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Fergo

This post highlights everything that is wrong with Islam and why it will never match Western societies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not love. It's hate for God.
Original post by Robby2312
The kind of thing you see in sci fi movies with aliens and humans mating isn't realistic.Humans have evolved over milllenia on this planet.The chances of aliens actually having a comparable sexual anatomy is miniscule.It just wouldn't happen.They wouldn't be able to.Incest isn't comparable.People who have sex with family members are not exclusively attracted to family.They have the option of being attracted to people who are not family members.So its not the same.With gay people they are exclusively attracted to the same sex, they couldn't fall in love with the opposite gender if they tried.Thats a key difference I think.

LOL I appreciate you wouldn't get comparable anatomy (well, unless parallel evolution is noted on other Earth-like worlds and thus our rough body plan isn't uncommon, and bi-lateral symmetry might be the most successful form). But people find ways, and even if it isn't penetrative there are other options. But this is getting off the point haha.

I wasn't saying they were the same tbh, the guy was just asking me what I thought of beastiality and incest.

You're beginning to sound more and more incoherent. God hating something is not the same as saying an act itself is hateful. Homosexuals in relationships obviously don't hate each other, otherwise they wouldn't be together :facepalm:
Reply 46

Everything is termed hate for God lately. I'm not sure if you're realising that's the logic ISIS employs?

It seems to me like certain Muslims have some sort of suprabiblical confidence lately. Good thing they'll never have real influence in the West I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would sympathise with their right to be a homosexual in private but to pretend that this is a mainstream ideal for living is totally erroneous.
My muslim friend came out as gay
my first question was :'do you like me :lolwut:?' :toofunny:
How would you honestly react, and feel if your siblings or Muslim best friend came out to you as a lesbian/gay?

Would you support them?

I support my family whatever they do.
Original post by VisionForUK
I would sympathise with their right to be a homosexual in private but to pretend that this is a mainstream ideal for living is totally erroneous.

It is pretty much mainstream now though whether you like it or not.
How would you honestly react, and feel if your siblings or Muslim best friend came out to you as a lesbian/gay?

Would you support them?

I really don't care about the sexuality of a person...if that's what they identify as, it's what they are. It's natural. There is evidence of lesbian/gay couple since the early stone age. There is nothing in the bible against gay people. and honestly, I mean no disrespect, but how can a God who cares about everyone cut off a part of the human race if they're so great?

Are you indicating gay people won't make good spouses or parents? Lmao what total rubbish. Brainwashing worked well with you.

Sadly for you, you're a nobody in comparison to the man upstairs and I'm pretty sure an all loving God would accept homosexuality.
I didn't want this as a thought in my head.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Are you indicating gay people won't make good spouses or parents? Lmao what total rubbish. Brainwashing worked well with you.

Sadly for you, you're a nobody in comparison to the man upstairs and I'm pretty sure an all loving God would accept homosexuality.

God hates sins like homosexuality, adultery, rape, robbery etc... He does not have to accept sin.

And no, they won't make good parents because the child will not grow up in a God-loving environment but instead an environment of haram (sin)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by _Fergo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are you just focussing on one muslims opinion and completely dismissing all the other posts on this thread by muslims?:erm:
God hates sins like homosexuality, adultery, rape, robbery etc... He does not have to accept sin.

And no, they won't make good parents because the child will not grow up in a God-loving environment but instead an environment of haram (sin)

Total rubbish. Since when are you an expert at parenting? Who the hell are you to judge if gay people make terrible parents? Plenty of non Muslims who grew up in a haram environment. They did fine.

And unlike rape and adultery, homosexuality is natural. Read some science books. Maybe you'll become less backward.
Reply 57
Original post by celina10
Why are you just focussing on one muslims opinion and completely dismissing all the other posts on this thread by muslims?:erm:

I'm not - I didn't say Muslims, did I? I said Islam.

But to say that many Muslims do not share the same feelings would be to ignore the obvious. Those who closely follow the religion share the same thoughts, because that is what Quran says.

I truly respect those who follow a religion but still keep abide by humanity. The poster I quoted is, however, a product of extreme indoctrination, who matches more so an animal than a human (as Aristotle famously said).
Also I think there is nothing in the Quran regarding or against lesbian women?

Sura lut(lot) is regarding gay men.

thats sadly because -even today - a lot of people don't think lesbianism is something real

they either say they're trying to copy gays or that they have ran out of men therefore substituting them with women. but people don't think two women having feelings for each other is as real as men being born gay

even milo yiannopolis said it...
Reply 59

So all non-muslims are bad parents?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending