Turn on thread page Beta

Who would vote for in the next General Election? watch

• View Poll Results: Who would your vote for in the next GE?
    Conservatives
    34.71%
    Labour
    34.71%
    Liberal Democrats
    9.92%
    UKIP
    9.09%
    Greens
    4.96%
    Other
    6.61%

ReputationRep:
    Not surprised that a student website largely goes for Liebour lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben.anderson)
    Either Conservative or UKIP.

I don't like Nigel Farage or some of UKIP's policies (especially their stance on gay marriage). However, our local UKIP MP is fantastic and has always put his community first.
    Douglas Carswell? xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stepmumdiaries)
    Labour. But this is a really tricky one because Labour just aren't providing a strong opposition at the moment. They're all over the bloody place and it's embarrassing. Really embarrassing. How anyone could be crazy enough to vote for another Tory government after the atrocities we've seen since they were let loose independent of the Lib Dems though is beyond me.

The best option to be honest is that we all vote Monster Raving Looney Party and give a giant two fingers to the main parties and there shambolic childlike behaviour.
    That's a very refreshing statement and I respect your opinion. At least you're not pretending Labour is perfect.

I personally don't like Labour. They don't stand up for working people, I believe they have just become this extremist left wing crazy party. I don't believe they have a single chance of winning a general election under JC. Unless the tories do something really crazy.

I will probably vote for the Tories. Their not perfect but they have done more for me than labour ever did. Like remove national insurance for self-employed earning under a certain amount, which means I can now invest more into my business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cato the Elder)
    Douglas Carswell? xD
    That's correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    A good choice
    Ikr, it's good that they have an actual left-winger leading the party.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by okey)
    just vote bloody green im tired of this ****
    If they were in any way coherent or effective then they could be a considerable political force, however they've proven to be ineffective and useless in Brighton City council, which is why they were voted out. They need a strong leader and some good backing to advance progressive policies and get them in the public eye.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ben.anderson)
    That's a very refreshing statement and I respect your opinion. At least you're not pretending Labour is perfect.

I personally don't like Labour. They don't stand up for working people, I believe they have just become this extremist left wing crazy party. I don't believe they have a single chance of winning a general election under JC. Unless the tories do something really crazy.

I will probably vote for the Tories. Their not perfect but they have done more for me than labour ever did. Like remove national insurance for self-employed earning under a certain amount, which means I can now invest more into my business.
    Obviously this poll is about the real-life Labour Party not the TSR Labour Party but I have to interject and say that whilst Labour under JC is being made out to be 'extremist' it actually isn't. Renationalising the railways isn't 'extremist' when we have rail lines owned by the state-owned rail companies of other countries. And establishing a National Investment Bank is actually very good economics which I've heard several Tories agree with wholeheartedly. It's because the state can take on bigger risks than most banks are willing to and therefore invest in smaller businesses that are the backbone of the economy (a lot of SME owners struggle to get loans and this is thought to be holding the economy back). Equalization of tenants rights across the sectors also makes sense to me as a matter of basic fairness. And you can say what you want about rent controls but those were proposed by the supposedly moderate Miliband.

At no point has JC said 'let's bring in full communism'. Ed Miliband was called 'Red Ed' by the same press that praise May and the current Tory government for aping his policies on the austerity target and energy market intervention. It is a great hypocrisy that when conservatives do left-wing things it is sensible but when left-wingers do it is extremism.

ReputationRep:
    Guess who just made Labour lead in this poll shame they can't do it in the real ones though..
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    jamestg

How are you getting predictions out of this poll when it includes the Greens and not the Socs?

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be voting for a new electoral system - so UKIP (even though I don't think they specifically advocate it, but some high-end individuals within the party support it, like suzanne evans)
    the more wildly disproportionate election results we get as a nation, the harsher the pressure to change the system will become
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Fairly impressed to see Conservatives doing so well - is fairly surprising considering the target user of this site...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Fairly impressed to see Conservatives doing so well - is fairly surprising considering the target user of this site...!
    I guess the more 'intelligent' students end up on here
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Would certainly seem that way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Hey, there are some tories here too!

ReputationRep:
    Bump.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This is so close :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I probably either won't vote again or I'll spoil my ballot. None of the parties appeal to me at the moment; I have major problems with pretty much all of them, just as I did in 2015.

Maybe, just maybe, something actually worth voting for will come up before 2020, but I'm not holding my breath.

ReputationRep:
    UKIP, or in the unlikely event that Suzanne Evans wins the leadership, either the English Democrats or Britain First.

ReputationRep:
    Probably Labour, they're by no means perfect but their policies most closely match my own political beliefs. With any luck they'll actually be a stable party by the time the next General rolls around.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.