Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by jammy duel)
    the cringe level is too damn high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Meh, it's also possible that he gives way to another leader with the swiftness that LP gave way to mobbsy. The new leader may not share the view.
    Alternatively, the Liberals may get a third very good reason to break their promise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    that single line is why we need a jeb bush presidency

good luck for your candidacy by the way.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Alternatively, the Liberals may get a third very good reason to break their promise.
    And that would be?

I look forward to shocking you all when I actually stick to something

In all seriousness, my party would A) Vote against a coalition deal and B) (rightfully) Vonc me if I forced them into Government.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Con - 14
    Lab - 14
    Lib - 9
    UKIP - 7
    Soc - 6
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    And that would be?

I look forward to shocking you all when I actually stick to something

In all seriousness, my party would A) Vote against a coalition deal and B) (rightfully) Vonc me if I forced them into Government.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Doubt it - they're too spineless.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Doubt it - they're too spineless.
    :laugh:

I think PetrosAC knows that if he forces us into government, I will be happy to put forward a VoNC. I don't want to be in government this upcoming term, and I don't want to be forced into it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Airmed)
    :laugh:

I think PetrosAC knows that if he forces us into government, I will be happy to put forward a VoNC. I don't want to be in government this upcoming term, and I don't want to be forced into it.
    But would it pass? From what I can remember, most of your newer members are not so tired of power.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    But would it pass? From what I can remember, most of your newer members are not so tired of power.
    I'm not going to outright say whether or not it would pass, this is all hypothetical. I think if I did say 'oh, yes, it would pass', that would appear that I have little faith in Petros.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    It *should* pass. Whether it would or not is a different question and one no one particularly wants to get into.

Yet again though, it'd be nice if everyone didn't just assume that I'll go back on my word.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It *should* pass. Whether it would or not is a different question and one no one particularly wants to get into.

Yet again though, it'd be nice if everyone didn't just assume that I'll go back on my word.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's the RL parallels.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    It's the RL parallels.
    Poor Cleggy </3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The term before last you declared the Liberals were tired with government, needed to regroup before entering another a coalition, and would take a term out of government, but then the Conservatives came along; we all know how that ended. I do not blame you fully, Life_peer was desperate to be in government after spending terms criticising Labour, however, he did not exploit the opportunity he had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    The term before last you declared the Liberals were tired with government, needed to regroup before entering another a coalition, and would take a term out of government, but then the Conservatives came along; we all know how that ended. I do not blame you fully, Life_peer was desperate to be in government after spending terms criticising Labour, however, he did not exploit the opportunity he had.
    The problem is that doing what they said they'd do would have involved saying no to LP, which would have required a spine, something sadly lacking in the TSR Liberal Party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    The problem is that doing what they said they'd do would have involved saying no to LP, which would have required a spine, something sadly lacking in the TSR Liberal Party.
    I agree, the Liberals saying no would have crushed the Conservatives who were desperate for a chance in government, however, when the Deputy Prime Minister title is calling Petros is not going to say no.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I agree, the Liberals saying no would have crushed the Conservatives who were desperate a chance in government, however, when the Deputy Prime Minister title is calling Petros is not going to say no.
    As Labour had ruled itself out from forming a government LP could have gone ConKip. The Liberals could have taken their break.

ReputationRep:
    Why are the Liberals standing if they have no intention to be in government? Surely it would have been best just to lay off for 6 months and any Liberals still wanting to be MPs can stand as independents...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Why are the Liberals standing if they have no intention to be in government? Surely it would have been best just to lay off for 6 months and any Liberals still wanting to be MPs can stand as independents...
    It would be interesting to see how the Liberal vote share splits off if they didn't stand.

ReputationRep:
    It would be interesting to see how the Liberal vote share splits off if they didn't stand.
    Given that most of the voters will vote based on RL stuff, it would probably favour Labour more...

ReputationRep:
    Probably a 60/40 split to yourself and the tories I would of thought

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.