Turn on thread page Beta

Riots & Revolution: what activists say will happen if Brexit is blocked. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Let's not be ridiculous. Even if Brexit were overturned there would not be street riots and revolutions like some histrionic Brexiteers suggest. It's Britain, so there would just be a lot of grumbling and complaining by Brexiteers, but not much else.
    People have started riots over a lot less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    You just sound like you are
    How so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    How so?
    Oh, because what you wrote bore no resemblance to reality. Stuff like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    what you wrote bore no resemblance to reality
    1) There is a historic precedent for revolution in circumstances in which the executive/political representatives commit lesser crimes than treason

2) Irrespective of the above, we have, in the 21st century, entered a period of growing uncertainty and instability of numerous types/on multiple levels

3) In case this needs pointing out, I did not indicate a time frame but, rather, that such an act of treason would be seminal in the development of a counter-elite reactionary trend culminating in rebellion

ReputationRep:
    1) There is a historic precedent for revolution in circumstances in which the executive/political representatives commit lesser crimes than treason

2) Irrespective of the above, we have, in the 21st century, entered a period of growing uncertainty and instability of numerous types/on multiple levels

3) In case this needs pointing out, I did not indicate a time frame but, rather, that such an act of treason would be seminal in the development of a counter-elite reactionary trend culminating in rebellion
    I think my description was not only shorter but easier to understand, but you could also put it like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    I think my description was not only shorter but easier to understand, but you could also put it like that
    Your prior insinuation concerning psychoactive affectation does not stand if you concur with my contentions, supposing you are not, by now, similarly stoned :hippie:

ReputationRep:
    Your prior insinuation concerning psychoactive affectation does not stand if you concur with my contentions, supposing you are not, by now, similarly stoned :hippie:
    LOL!
    No, I meant that your explanation still sounded like you were high. So, either my simple statement that it sounded like you were high, or your longer explanation, both equally demonstrated that you were high.
    Furthermore, your inability to grasp what I was saying is yet further proof.
    Bong on! :smokin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Bong on! :smokin:
    Get back to me when you have a particular contention/vision beyond puerile parody :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    You just sound like you are. My mistake.
    I often mistake stupidity for intoxication too.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.