Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spleenus`)
    You're forgiven
    for a 12 player server it's £24 a month public. This goes upto 20 player which is £40 a month public.
    and how about privite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    and how about privite?
    We don't sell privates cause we can't make the prices any lower. (Wouldn't make money on the servers we sell)

ReputationRep:
    We don't sell privates cause we can't make the prices any lower. (Wouldn't make money on the servers we sell)
    That is fine then. Can we password the servers?

ReputationRep:
    That is fine then. Can we password the servers?
    Yeah that's allowed

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's allowed
    When we purchase the use of the server, are we restricted to one game being run on it, or can we switch the game the server ised used for?

ReputationRep:
    When we purchase the use of the server, are we restricted to one game being run on it, or can we switch the game the server ised used for?
    Usually it's for the one game being used but it doesn't take much for me to load a different Steam game if you really wanted. We've never had anyone who wants to chop and change between different game types before.

ReputationRep:
    Usually it's for the one game being used but it doesn't take much for me to load a different Steam game if you really wanted. We've never had anyone who wants to chop and change between different game types before.
    And if it was a non-steam game, like UT for example.

ReputationRep:
    And if it was a non-steam game, like UT for example.
    Nah, we only do Steam games for the moment. We are looking into other types but not at the moment. We're near capacity just on steam.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, we only do Steam games for the moment. We are looking into other types but not at the moment. We're near capacity just on steam.
    Well, it looks like I shall be purchasing Half life again, still, at least we will have a nice UKL server.
    What is the speed of the server btw?

ReputationRep:
    Well, it looks like I shall be purchasing Half life again, still, at least we will have a nice UKL server.
    What is the speed of the server btw?
    The servers are either dual 2.4 or 2.66 xeons with 2Gb of memory all backed up by a 100Mb link
    If I may say so they do run very nicely. We only put a maximum of 6 steam servers on a box anyhow.

ReputationRep:
    The servers are either dual 2.4 or 2.66 xeons with 2Gb of memory all backed up by a 100Mb link
    If I may say so they do run very nicely. We only put a maximum of 6 steam servers on a box anyhow.
    most excellent, we like the sound of it. When you expand to non steam games, let me know, as I would love to have a UT server.

ReputationRep:
    most excellent, we like the sound of it. When you expand to non steam games, let me know, as I would love to have a UT server.
    Will do, we have had enquiries about UT2K4 servers too. I think that'll be our next direction. Just means I have to buy the game, business expense of course

ReputationRep:
    Will do, we have had enquiries about UT2K4 servers too. I think that'll be our next direction. Just means I have to buy the game, business expense of course
    Of course. I would love to have a personal UKL UT server personally though and I don't want to go to jolt.

ReputationRep:
    Of course. I would love to have a personal UKL UT server personally though and I don't want to go to jolt.
    I'll have a look into that game. Graphically it looks very good but that game doesn't appeal to me as much as simulation/strategy games (or ST). Good for just a quick blat in though when I can't be bothered to think much - just point and shoot.

ReputationRep:
    I'll have a look into that game. Graphically it looks very good but that game doesn't appeal to me as much as simulation/strategy games (or ST). Good for just a quick blat in though when I can't be bothered to think much - just point and shoot.
    Well, i still like the orginal UT best, it is so fun. I prefer stategy games as well, like red alert 2 and star craft (both of which I might have to buy new copies of)

ReputationRep:
    Empires: Dawn of the modern world
    Age of Empires (+Rise of Rome)
    Age of Kings (+The Conquerors)
    Age of Mythology (+The Titans)
    Red Alert (+Counterstrike and Aftermath)
    Red Alert 2 (+Yuri's Revenge)
    Tiberian Sun (+Firestorm)
    Warcraft 3
    Baldurs Gate (+Tales of the Sword Coast)
    Ultima Online (Don't play anymore, free shards only)
    Star Wars Galaxies (Trial but probably going to play more)
    Planetside (Don't play much)
    Battlefield: Vietnam
    Call of Duty
    Worms Armageddon

Guess that's all the stuff I'd actually be willing to play anymore, but I generally only play MMOG's online anyway, because I suck.

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on, surely you play more than just one game.
    like i said, thats all that i "legally" have, the other games i have i wouldnt be able to play online

ReputationRep:
    redalert 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    redalert 2
    oh i have yuris revenge as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swim By)
    oh i have yuris revenge as well
    Well edit then linked post, I am only having one of the by family joining.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 29, 2004
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.