Turn on thread page Beta

17 years old never had a Relationship? watch

ReputationRep:
    My first proper relationship was with my current partner (which i hope will be my last). I didn't have any sort of relationship until I was 18 and that only lasted three months. I think it's way more normal to be single than the media lets you know. Don't stress about it, enjoy where you're at now and when you meet the right person you won't feel awkward because it should just be natural and easy.

I'm 17 but never been in a relationship, I guess when the time is right it'll just happen, don't try to force it that's the worst kind of relationship
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    It is an empirical observation of mine, backed up with the reasoning that more "dull" (read: responsible) people are more likely to excel academically.

Also, jneill has shown that there is a strong correlation between posts on TSR, and acceptance into Cambridge. And we know what frequent TSR posters are like...
    Oh interesting. Yeah, I don't lead an exciting life, but I do get good grades. (when my medieval issues don't get in the way lmao) predicted four A*s hehehe

Yeah, i tend to spend way too much time on this site. definitely a frequent poster haha

ReputationRep:
    I don't see that as particularly unusual... seventeen is young. I didn't get into a relationship till I was 21.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenni12)
    Well, I'm 26 and I've been single for 6 yrs, my last & only relationship only lasted less than a month and we didn't do much together, that's why it still feels like I'm still a virgin.

But I still hold on to the belief that you don't need a relationship or a sex life for a happy life. Especially if you work on improving other parts of your life, e.g. personal ambitions & passions.
    You must masturbate a lot ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm the only virgin out of my group of friends but they encourage me that it's a good thing, and say that I'm 'valuable' 😂 But I find it normal, don't rush into things ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    You aren't the only one. I'm 17 and in Year 13, but I've never had a relationship or drunk alcohol or smoker. Hell, I haven't been to a party either.
    That was me, literally last year. And recently I partied for the first time! Who needs a relationship when you have friends....on social media. Pfft I'm not lonely

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Skittles_Lime)
    That was me, literally last year. And recently I partied for the first time! Who needs a relationship when you have friends....on social media. Pfft I'm not lonely

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :lol: who needs friends when you have buzzfeed quizzes and a dog too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    :lol: who needs friends when you have buzzfeed quizzes and a dog too
    Exactly. Except I have pet goldfishes that don't do anything. I should teach it tricks with all the free time I have 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths and cheesecake)
    You must masturbate a lot ?
    Who doesn't , like they say "you want something done, you do it yourself".

ReputationRep:
    Who doesn't , like they say "you want something done, you do it yourself".
    Haha true

but it's not healthy on the long term, like anything else too much of something can be bad for you.

considering you 26 I can only imagine how high your sex drive is, I remember when I was your age I was pretty active not because it was cool or fun, but I had needs, usually the weekend bang was the easiest but the problem was to get the girls to stay around at least until the next weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths and cheesecake)
    Haha true

but it's not healthy on the long term, like anything else too much of something can be bad for you.

considering you 26 I can only imagine how high your sex drive is, I remember when I was your age I was pretty active not because it was cool or fun, but I had needs, usually the weekend bang was the easiest but the problem was to get the girls to stay around at least until the next weekend.
    Well at least you got the girls

same problem here except im a girl

ReputationRep:
    Well at least you got the girls
    well hitting the club 2am it is not hard to find a girl who just wants to have sex, usually they are themselves desperate for sex after they had their fun dancing.

Its shallow I agree, that is why I prefer having a girlfriend and a wife one day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok so I just turned 17 and started sixth form and its happening again im awkward as... I cant talk to girls and have become really anti-social. People find it weird as im really shy yet im 6'4. I have had some girls flirt with me however I just dunno what to say, I have never had a girlfriend and kinda feel the odd one out in my friendship group.

Any help?
    awww I bet you're actually really attractive so be confident!! I'm 17 too and I'm a girl. Although I have been in a relationship, I think it's totally normal not to be at this age and people are always being peer pressured into relationships. Also, it might not be obvious looking at it as a guy, but a lot of your guy friends might be lying about encounters and relationships, kisses, bjs etc, because they don't want to sound premature.

ReputationRep:
    well I'm 17 years old girl who never had a boyfriend and haven't even talked to a boy about any thing but school or homework. Although some one told me once that he loves me on facebook like 2 years ago when I was still using it but I didn't really know the guy and I doubt that he knew me. So it was basically a troll. and I hate my self for it. I wish anyone flirted with me like you. But I guess I'm not even worth flirting. cause who would date someone searching on the web if she is normal! even worse: who would date someone like me!

ReputationRep:
    I would
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 22, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.