Turn on thread page Beta

Dating someone who is a 10. Out of my league? watch

ReputationRep:
    All English and Irish lads use the same scoring system well out of the hundreds I
    know lol even men at work who are 30-50. Do girls have a scoring system? How is it lol?

(Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    The whole number scoring thing is stupid , completley subjective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WrenLazarus)
    Stop with the number scoring, jesus ..
    This.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by membersupport)
    Does anyone else date someone out of their 'league'. I'm dating someone who is extremely good looking. He gets a lot of attention from girls but had social anxiety so found it difficult making friends/ seeing girls. He seems to find me attractive ... If I'm completeLy honest I would say I'm a 7/ 8.5 (with make up) BUT I find that in general the percentage of 'attractive' girls seems to be higher (I believe), so although I am okay, I don't stand out the way he does.
    My problem is sometimes I feel so insecure knowing that he gets soo much attention. I sometimes wonder if we are only together because I was more patient with his slow efforts than other girls. I also worry that the level of attention he gets may become very tempting one day.
    Is anyone else in my position? How to stop feeling this way
    The fact you are patient with him would be an attraction and theres nothing wrong with that. Surely at some stage you cna have a chat with him, especially if your relationship is serious. Just pick your moment. You are going to have to trust him. You can introduce the topic on a discret manner. Perhaps he doesnt think he is a ten and you are much more equal. You aslo have the point that he chooss to be with you and theres much more to picking someone than just looks. Personality +
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Well, perhaps if you stopped grading yourself out of 10, you'd have more confidence.

ReputationRep:
    Stop with the number scoring, jesus ..
    your avatar:love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Well, perhaps if you stopped grading yourself out of 10, you'd have more confidence.

.. Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotGodofWorld)
    your avatar:love:
    Haha

ReputationRep:
    Hi!, I'm a male who also gets a lot of attention from girls, however I also am socially anxious even when they persist. If I did really like a girl and was with them it obviously means something and he likes you. You should stop worrying, you'll be fine! If he was similar to me he would be thankful that hes finally with someone he likes

ReputationRep:
    Scientifically if we're going on statistics here, less than 30% of the population is an 8, less than 8% of the world is a nine, and less than 1% of the world is a 10.
    Where do you get that from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    Where do you get that from?
    Sociology class.

Media and it's audience.

ReputationRep:
    He's with you. If he didn't want to be, he wouldn't.

Don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    I don't deny their existence, but "leagues" are ********. It's quite literally dividing and ranking people purely by appearance. If you can get out of the habit of being influenced by the superficial mindset of leagues, this becomes a non issue.

Of course, looks matter to a degree for attraction in relationships, but that's about personal preference, and wider comparisons are an irrelevant waste of time IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yummybee)
    Hi!, I'm a male who also gets a lot of attention from girls, however I also am socially anxious even when they persist. If I did really like a girl and was with them it obviously means something and he likes you. You should stop worrying, you'll be fine! If he was similar to me he would be thankful that hes finally with someone he likes
    Thank you for your response. He told me again about having to brush girls off and I feel upset. Not jealous but upset in a weird way and feel like it's hard not to (I'm generally quite confident so didn't feel insecure with this attention he received to begin with)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    The fact you are patient with him would be an attraction and theres nothing wrong with that. Surely at some stage you cna have a chat with him, especially if your relationship is serious. Just pick your moment. You are going to have to trust him. You can introduce the topic on a discret manner. Perhaps he doesnt think he is a ten and you are much more equal. You aslo have the point that he chooss to be with you and theres much more to picking someone than just looks. Personality +
    I have addressed this and told him how I feel in both a serious and jokey way. He has told me that he thinks I'm better/ as good looking as him so I guess I'm just his type. I don't feel insecure with how he sees me. But the amount of attraction he gets from females is so hard not to get irritated about after some point! I want to not care but as it happens again and again, I just get a weird feeling which I can't put my finger on - insecurity/ upset/ annoyed (at girls not him).

ReputationRep:
    You're probably just infatuated with him and he's not really a 10 by most standards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NobleLeather)
    You're probably just infatuated with him and he's not really a 10 by most standards
    Trust me he's a 10 or at least a high 9. I showed someone on this thread because I was tired of everyone questioning me and wanted someone to confirm but he didn't (but basically agreed)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.