Turn on thread page Beta

Still no sex after 4 months of relationship. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by typicalvirgo)
    That might be true for some guys, but I know my friends have kept an open line of communication since day 1 and the guys knew what they were getting into, so at no point did they have any questions or confusion :-)
    That's why they are in long term relationships then

(Original post by markova21)
    Are you intimate with her in other ways? Do you passionately kiss each other, touch each other, hold hands, cuddle, etc. Or is there absolutely no physical contact whatsoever? Is she still a virgin? Have you ever tried to initiate things? Does she reject you?
    Ouch haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    do u even lift brah
    What does that even mean? In English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    What does that even mean? In English.
    it means **** you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    it means **** you
    Yes. I'm sure it does for you, Mr Sharif.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    Completely disagree.

If you're not having sex twice a week minimum, your relationship is a joke.
    If that's how you see this whole situation - mate you're doing relationships VERY VERY wrong. Not everything is about sex.

Whatever happened to getting to know someone? Sex isn't a race to see who gets laid first- it's an intimate thing that happens between two people who feel comfortable around each other and have some sort of feelings for each other too. and when they are READY to have sex- there's no competition here...

OP should understand that maybe his GF isn't ready yet, and if OP actually cared for her- he'll wait for her for when she is ready. If he's that desperate for sex then maybe relationships aren't for him

She's probably shagging on the side.

If you're not patient then you're a joke and not ready for a relationship. Get a hold of yourself and masterbate. Sex isn't everything.

Personally, my boyfriend of 3 years and I waited around 3/4 months. However, this was due to being apart for one of those months, and having to revise for important uni exams the other 2/3 months. Another of my friends waited a year (they've now been together almost 4 years). Another of my friends did it on the first date.

Point is, every relationship varies, don't bother comparing yours to anyone else's. By the sounds of it, you're both pretty young. If it's her first time, this is even more reason to give her some time. For a lot of girls, its a big deal, and there are other factors at play. It doesn't mean she doesn't like you. However, strangers on the internet can't tell you exactly why she doesn't want to sleep with you. Neither can they tell you how frequently is normal to be having sex (because I assure you they probably aren't even getting any). The best thing to do is communicate with her.

I'm always baffled by people who go online for relationship advice without having even communicated with their partner about the problem FIRST.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    No it's not. You can't cheat in a game that only one person is playing.

I'd say ignore the post above. Wait a year? That's what's known in strict medical terms as being taken for a mug.
    You'd know, wouldn't you.
    The truth is that everyone has sex at thier own pace.
    Some people would find it awkward to have sex after going out for a few months, whereas others would jump at the opportunity.
    Personally, I would have sex after marriage.

ReputationRep:
    4 months is not a long time at all. The best thing would be to talk to her but do not pressure her into anything she does not want. If you like her, you'll wait. If not, then break up with her. Probably at your loss if you don't want to wait. Have a **** jfc.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Terraform)
    so I have been "dating" this girl for 4 months, and we still haven't done it yet.

It frustrates me because all my mates have sex with their gf's all the time.
    Mates also lie and boast all the time.

Get a grip and respect the girl - she is someone's daughter and sister.

ReputationRep:
    I'd get shot of her and find someone else. She's just dangling you on a string and most likely looking for someone else herself. This is the game girls play, if she was seriously interested in you long term she wouldn't do that. Don't bother trying to pressure her, that's not done and makes you appear too 'entitled' which is something women are always on the lookout for. If she's not interested in sleeping with you then she's not interested in you, period. You're just a convenience. I have several friends who have endured girlfriends like that and the relationship is always doomed. When they play that game I just lose interest and stop seeing them and move on.

ReputationRep:
    Four months is nothing lool

Maybe she's not ready yet. Stop comparing yourself to your friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by childofthesun)
    Four months is nothing lool
    Roughly 121 days, hardly nuthin.

You don't even know if this girl isn't cheating or has issues.

ReputationRep:
    A few things to talk about here, first I bet if it was a woman who talked about her boyfriend not doing it people would be telling her he didnt love her, or he was cheating, or cruel for not thinking about her feelings.

A man wishes for intimiacy and hes basically thinking with his privates and doesn't care to many people.

I also bet the people who talk about how its not a long time would be the same people if it happened to them would have a totally different opinion

To leave it so long would be warning signs to me, even if shes not ready it may be she will never be ready as she is so used to it never happening and even if it hasn't got to that point yet she will be stringinghim along as she would know at the back of her head it will never happen.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you both?

Is either of you a virgin?

Is she open to sex before marriage at all?

These things will clarify your problem a lot.

ReputationRep:
    OP sounds like you two are just friends to me.

ReputationRep:
    mfw still no sex after 18 years of my life

Have you considered actually talking to her about it instead of asking random strangers on the internet, some of whom have incredibly warped views?

ReputationRep:
    I'd have dropped her ages ago. 4 months is simply a joke - to me. Everyone's different, some people will wait days or weeks, others months or years. What's acceptable to one person isn't acceptable to another.

You're clearly not asexual, and your needs a not being met. You have two choices. Stay and talk to her about it. Or leave and have sex with someone else.

There is nothing wrong with wanting regular sex, anyone who judges you for it (religious people and prudes), are not the kinds of people you'd want to get with anyways.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.