Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

muslim teacher receives note telling her to hang herself with her headscarf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie123)
    I see what your saying but what if it is true, dismissing things like this would allow things like this to continue happening. So I don't think ignoring it because there is a higher chance of it being fake is the answer.
    Basically you desperately want to believe its true because it fits your narrative/agenda, and are unwilling to listen to the people advising you to be skeptical, due to the slew of very similar allegations that turned out to be false.

Your ideology is dampening your critical thinking skills, and that is sad. Dont believe everything you read in the media, particular when it comes to anecdotes which are reported without a shred of evidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poohat)
    Basically you desperately want to believe its true because it fits your narrative/agenda, and are unwilling to listen to the people advising you to be skeptical, due to the slew of very similar allegations that turned out to be false.

Your ideology is dampening your critical thinking skills, and that is sad. Dont believe everything you read in the media, particular when it comes to anecdotes which are reported without a shred of evidence.
    Ignoring and discounting things isn't scepticism either

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As with a lot of the other 'hate crimes' in the news following Trump's election, I suspect this is probably just another hoax. I see too many stories like this on social media that turn out to be complete crap.

I'm sorry for her if she's telling the truth, but there's just been so much crying wolf lately. And, if real, at least it wasn't anything worse than an note.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poohat)

Why on earth would I want sick, vile things like this to be true.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-paris-attacks

So all those muslims in the article I posted above are lying??!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Ignoring and discounting things isn't scepticism either

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I couldn't agree more :congrats:Couldn't have put it better myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    yes totally, I mean someone actually has told me to hang myself with a headscarf as well

lol just kidding, that's never happened before
    Well only someone either a) stupid b) ignorant or c) both would have assumed I meant those exact words. But believe me, every day people of all religions recieve abuse.

Don't mistake the mainstream media looking to divide people on purpose off the back of a vote with them being unbais.

ReputationRep:
    'but thats life'?? You sound like people should just accept this
    Bad things happen every single day. I didn't mean it's any better because of that. It's still messed up ofc

ReputationRep:
    I am critical of Islam (and religion in general) but this is exactly why I despise people voting for someone who has created a public atmosphere where it is acceptable to hate minorities, be it foreigners or people or a certain religion or women or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to wait till someone is charged rather than believe a FaceBook post.

Surely it was handed in by someone who has access to her classroom, so another teacher or a student. Based on the handwriting, it seems to be a child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    I'm going to wait till someone is charged rather than believe a FaceBook post.

Surely it was handed in by someone who has access to her classroom, so another teacher or a student. Based on the handwriting, it seems to be a child.
    Your life must be full of conspiracy theories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    If one ignores an accusation it implies they believe said accusation to be false. Kind of common sense, so I'd appreciate it if you stopped with the mental gymnastics to convict me otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wtf are u going on about??

ReputationRep:
    I see what your saying but what if it is true, dismissing things like this would allow things like this to continue happening. So I don't think ignoring it because there is a higher chance of it being fake is the answer.
    I agree and thats my frustration. Its boy cried wolf scenario and it has consequences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Wtf are u going on about??
    Maybe if you used yer noggin you'd find out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Maybe if you used yer noggin you'd find out
    I think you are saying that because i wont read the article, i am therefore stating the claims in the article are lies?

ReputationRep:
    I agree and thats my frustration. Its boy cried wolf scenario and it has consequences
    Okay got it, people need to accept the consequences of other peoples actions. How could I be so stupid for not realising this before.

EDIT: I'm being sarcastic incase it's not obvious

ReputationRep:
    haters gonna hate

ReputationRep:
    I hope IF it is found out to be someone else they are punished, if it is found out to be her that she is fired.

Jumping to no conclusions but many of these "hate crimes" have been lies.

ReputationRep:
    So do you accept racism towards white people due to the actions of the KKK and other white people who believe in horrendous things (if you are white that is)?

I mean since you believe in accepting the consequences of other peoples actions and all

ReputationRep:
    Okay got it, people need to accept the consequences of other peoples actions. How could I be so stupid for not realising this before.

EDIT: I'm being sarcastic incase it's not obvious
    No i was aware you are being sarcastic, the like was for understanding that consequences of some peoples actions effect other people

So do you accept racism towards white people due to the actions of the KKK and other white people who believe in horrendous things (if you are white that is)?

I mean since you believe in accepting the consequences of other peoples actions and all
    Dont willfully misrepresent what i am saying lest i will make you look silly - Just ask RobML - We have been interacting just grand so far, no need for silly stuff or jumping the gun

ReputationRep:
    loooooool your avatar was of you wearing a hijab and you changed it after making this thread :rofl:

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.