Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    dont you think its stupid, this whole abuse phenomanon. Its like you cant even be normal...its normal to lose your temper once in a while, ITS NOT ABUSE....ok
    Does this sound like once in a while? Not to me. Sounds like the mother wishes the child wasn't there and couldn't give a damn about the long term implications.

ReputationRep:
    just because it's 'normal' for the area doesn't make it right.

call the nspcc and ask for advice. I tend to agree it is abuse and needs to be looked at. It could be that mum needs some help, or it could be that the child needs to be taken out of that home and it could be any one of 1000 things.

Basically if you are the one who is listening to it ,and if it is upsetting you and your children what is it doing to the child next door.

Telling someone is not going to make matters worse.

ReputationRep:
    well my parents have sworn infront of me...it hasnt messed up my life, and i dont need therapy...who cares. Havent you ever sworn before, or lost your temper. Hasnt anyone sworn at you?

Shes probably exageratting the situation anyway. No one has the energy to swear at the top of their voice in the morning.
    My parents have sworn in front of me, and sworn at me. But only when I've driven them to it. If this woman is constantly victimising her child, belittling him all day and swearing for no reason, then something needs to be done. I highly doubt that social services would permanently remove thechild for it, but it has to be stopped. And if the child turns out to be in real danger, then this is the way to find out. It sounds like the mother needs support, and by reporting her, she'll get it.

And people do have the energy to swear and shout in the morning. Don't dismiss the issue because of that.

From a purely selfish point of view, Donna has the right to take action as she doesn't want her children woken up by such language, and she doesn't have to hear it. Even if she is exagerating, she knows more about it that any of us do, so don't assume it's nothing. Equally, Donna shouldn't assume it's something, but she should call someone to be on the safe side.

ReputationRep:

Shes probably exageratting the situation anyway. No one has the energy to swear at the top of their voice in the morning.
    you should come round here - yes people do have the energy to swear, scream, shout. And there is a difference between shouting or swearing in front of a child and doing it AT them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)

From a purely selfish point of view, Donna has the right to take action as she doesn't want her children woken up by such language, and she doesn't have to hear it. Even if she is exagerating, she knows more about it that any of us do, so don't assume it's nothing. Equally, Donna shouldn't assume it's something, but she should call someone to be on the safe side.

well Donna can see the neighbour about the fact that she is being disturbed by shouting and swearing. Otherwise, she should mind her business.

ReputationRep:
    well Donna can see the neighbour about the fact that she is being disturbed by shouting and swearing. Otherwise, she should mind her business.
    If she was beating the child severely should she still mind her own business (unless of course she was beating the child so loudly it woke Donna up :rolleyes: )?

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever confronted a noisy neighbour? I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy.

And why can't you see that something needs to be done? It's not harmless banter, or the average household spat, it's sounds so much worse than that. I can only conclude that you've had a traumatic experience with the Social, but they are there for a reason. And this case illustrates it perfectly.

ReputationRep:

I can only conclude that you've had a traumatic experience with the Social,
    Excuse me....DONT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS Ive lived at home, with my parents all my life...what are you talking about woman...

I personally think school and teachers have a worse effects on kids than so-called abusive parents...

I dont know the situation, but from what ive read, she only shouts at the kid in the morning, and not all the time...

It seems to me from what youve 'concluded' about me, youre very dramatic, and have a bad judgement.

ReputationRep:
    there is a memeber on http://www.xtream.myfreebb.com i was talking to who has had to deal with abuse situations, he is very knowledgeable.

ReputationRep:
    Excuse me....DONT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS Ive lived at home, with my parents all my life...what are you talking about woman...

I personally think school and teachers have a worse effects on kids than so-called abusive parents...

I dont know the situation, but from what ive read, she only shouts at the kid in the morning, and not all the time...

It seems to me from what youve 'concluded' about me, youre very dramatic, and have a bad judgement.

I 'jumped to conclusions' because you're doing just that, while deciding that Donna is. I didn't mean that statement all that seriously.. We don't know what's going on. Donna doesn't even know, but she knows more than us. I think that, to be on the safe side, she should call. From what she's said, it does sound constant, so it sounds like abuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topdog)
    there is a memeber on http://www.xtream.myfreebb.com i was talking to who has had to deal with abuse situations, he is very knowledgeable.
    I suspect you're lying out of your backside.

ReputationRep:
    think we getting some where .... thanks for agreeing with me

ReputationRep:
    well if you were so determined to call them, then why come on here and ask?

ReputationRep:
    I 'jumped to conclusions' because you're doing just that, while deciding that Donna is. I didn't mean that statement all that seriously.. We don't know what's going on. Donna doesn't even know, but she knows more than us. I think that, to be on the safe side, she should call. From what she's said, it does sound constant, so it sounds like abuse.
    think we getting some where .... thanks for agreeing with me

ReputationRep:
    To confirm that there were some other people who would do the same, perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    who said i was determined to call them .... im asking other avice on what to do ... give me time ... i dont want this person to know that its me ....i mean who else could it be

ReputationRep:
    To ignore it would be the worst possible thing you could do. That way, you are 'accepting'' the abuse that this child is undergoing, and yet, although you have the power to do something about it, you do nothing. Fear of being discovered shouldn't really prevent you from doing what needs to be done. How would you feel if you were this kid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777.5)
    To ignore it would be the worst possible thing you could do. That way, you are 'accepting'' the abuse that this child is undergoing, and yet, although you have the power to do something about it, you do nothing. Fear of being discovered shouldn't really prevent you from doing what needs to be done. How would you feel if you were this kid?
    ok i see what ur saying . but sopose this was u reporting it .... and she had the child taken way from her (a 3 year old) my god id be **** of the street. + get abuse from her too .. needs to b dun with out her knowing its me ... she has 2 next door neighbours so i sopose it could b either of us ... then she may be knocking on my door ..... just really dont no whats best ... i no its abuse hearing this little boy crying the mother shouting abuse at him eat ur fuc---- b/fast u little cu-- or u got back to ur bed room . this hapends at night too telling him to get to fuc---- sleep .. cant hear much at night as we have the tv on .........but i must say thank you all for ur advice and support.... sopose its down to me now thanks again xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donna1965)
    ok i see what ur saying . but sopose this was u reporting it .... and she had the child taken way from her (a 3 year old) my god id be **** of the street. + get abuse from her too .. needs to b dun with out her knowing its me ... she has 2 next door neighbours so i sopose it could b either of us ... then she may be knocking on my door ..... just really dont no whats best ... i no its abuse hearing this little boy crying the mother shouting abuse at him eat ur fuc---- b/fast u little cu-- or u got back to ur bed room . this hapends at night too telling him to get to fuc---- sleep .. cant hear much at night as we have the tv on .........but i must say thank you all for ur advice and support.... sopose its down to me now thanks again xx
    good luck, i hope it works out for the best, whatever happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donna1965)
    Just take heart in the fact u r a good person who cares. Its a very valubale and uncommon characteristic.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2004
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.