Turn on thread page Beta

I tricked my boyfriend on facebook! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I read that article. The NOTW Sunday magazine, a classy publication. I think it probably is of note that doing what the girl did ended 2 of the relationships she first tried it on. What were you expecting?

ReputationRep:
    if i even felt the need to check up on my boyfriend i would know that somethig wasnt right.. whenever im in a relationship i put all my trust in the other person - which may be a bit naive of me and result in me getting hurt but its the way i am and i just hope i meet someone who treats me right :love:

ReputationRep:
    I just googled it and it came up with this website - http://ukhoneytrap.co.uk/ I mean ideally no one should ever feel that this is what they have to resort too... but if it was at the point where someone's partner is/has cheated on them and they just want some sort of proof then I could understand it!

ReputationRep:
    were u bad for tricking him? im reli shocked your saying that! and even more shocked by everyone elses replys on here, (this is a girl in love asking for help) clearly no one on here has a heart!! of course u havent done anything bad and theres no harm in it, i can understand your point and id do the same if i was u

seams like u really love him, of course u have the right 2 be upset u love him and after this it would make any human in love upset

U KNOW HIM MORE THAN ANYONE ON THIS FORUM SO U SHOULD DECIDE and u know what he said to this fake person so its best for u to decide, he obviously got 2 know her and just saying that hes upset your so far away is fine, he was just trying to make conversation

anyway saying that hes upset your so far away is a really good point not a bad one

to be honest i flirt alot but then again i wouldnt if i was in a relationship

1 of my friends is in a relationship and he reli loves the girl and wants 2 get married 2 her but he still goes quite far with other girls (before i get screamed at im not saying thats right atall! but its just how some ppl are)

but u need to think it over yourself and decide whats best for u, what uve said on here doesnt explain your relationship details and how much u love him and what hes like

hope u make the right decision for yourself

ReputationRep:
    Im too lazy to look for who posted this but whoever said that she should arrange for her boyfriend to meet this fake girl in a pub or something and just turn up for a 'suprise' visit, she really ought to! And if she did do that she could conveniently bump into him near the pub, and then suggest they both go in the pub where he's supposed to be meeting the girl, imagine how much he'd panic! I now feel slightly evil for suggesting it but it would be more than he deserves!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thelfo)
    Firstly, your boyfriend's an idiot. You never rant about your life to strangers on the internet. (Har har har). Secondly, please arrange for him to meet this 'girl', and have him 'accidentally' run into you moments before she's due to arrive. Gwan, it'll make him squirm. You can stay there with him and dump him for some undisclosed reason, if you want. Coupled with him being stood up by the internet girl, all in all, it'll be pretty funny.
    Haha.

ReputationRep:
    You hardly did anything. He dug his one grave. Now you know how he may interact with other women, and it doesn't sound good.

ReputationRep:
    I say dress up, put a long blonde wig on with lipstick and meet him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HenvY)
    I read that article. The NOTW Sunday magazine, a classy publication. I think it probably is of note that doing what the girl did ended 2 of the relationships she first tried it on. What were you expecting?
    Not all men are unfaithful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eubacterium)
    Not all men are unfaithful.
    Yeah, neither were any of the guys she tried it on and neither was the OP's boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    OR.. send him a message from the fake girl saying that she'll be wearing lets say a red top with a white heart on it and high heels... then go yourself wearing what the fake girl would have been wearing muahahahaha

*goes off to make more evil schemes*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HenvY)
    Yeah, neither were any of the guys she tried it on and neither was the OP's boyfriend.
    Flirting with another woman is being unfaithful.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think flirting in general with friends etc is that bad... but obviously in this case the guy wasnt going to meet the fake girl because he wanted a nice little chat and flirt with her

ReputationRep:
    The sad thing is I know a couple both in their mid 20's that have split up over this exact thing!

ReputationRep:
    If that's the case, it's doubtful anybody in the world has ever had a faithful relationship. You'd have to be quite amazingly controlling/mental to think a little bit of flirting is a seriously infidelity or even to be unable to forgive what the OP's boyfriend did.

ReputationRep:
    Flirting being defined by the jealous partner of course?

I've seen one mate break up with his bird because she didn't like the fact that he was friends with some of the girls in his office.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Flirting being defined by the jealous partner of course?

I've seen one mate break up with his bird because she didn't like the fact that he was friends with some of the girls in his office.
    He wouldn't have told her she's more attactive than his girlfriend if he wasn't flirting.
    (Original post by HenvY)
    If that's the case, it's doubtful anybody in the world has ever had a faithful relationship. You'd have to be quite amazingly controlling/mental to think a little bit of flirting is a seriously infidelity or even to be unable to forgive what the OP's boyfriend did.
    I don't think you'll feel that way if you saw your girlfriend flirting.

ReputationRep:
    Yikes, I think flirting = unfaithful is a bit draconian.

As someone above said, we ALL flirt a little, especially when inhebriated. It doesn't mean anything (usually). To the extent the OPs boyfriend did, no, that was wrong indeed.

However , ALL flirting is equivalent to cheating? Really, what reality are you living in? I've never been faithful in my life in that case! I don't even do it on purpose, it's just the way I communicate.

ReputationRep:
    No he didn't cheat...but as you said it was wrong. It gives the impression he's willing to cheat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HenvY)
    haha i knew i'd read it too and was trying to think where. NOTW FTW!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.