Turn on thread page Beta

Guitar players challenge watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)
    Can we make the first song Wonderwall? I can play that!
    nice work but its piss easy .. its just a G chord with some slight moving around .... give Iris a try ... ull have to tune ur guitar differently but it sounds much better and surprisinlgly its so much easy with the guitar tuned properly ... i think its BABBBBB os sumthing along those lines
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by infekt)
    nice work but its piss easy .. its just a G chord with some slight moving around .... give Iris a try ... ull have to tune ur guitar differently but it sounds much better and surprisinlgly its so much easy with the guitar tuned properly ... i think its BABBBBB os sumthing along those lines
    I think that would be a bit hard for me

ReputationRep:
    wonderwall is far too easy!

ReputationRep:
    too easy , probably the first song most learn to play on the guitar , how bout nothing else matters or stairway to heaven .... theyre not too hard but not too easy either
    Are you joking? Nothing else matters/stairway to heaven is way too hard for the average guitarist to learn quickly, it would take me weeks to be able to play those songs...

Go ahead and do nthing else matters if you want though..

ReputationRep:
    I think that would be a bit hard for me
    if u have an electronic tuner its very easy to tune it accurately ... trust me give it a try .... play wonderwall and then play iris . people love it ... when i play metallica they all look at me like this :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Are you joking? Nothing else matters/stairway to heaven is way too hard for the average guitarist to learn quickly, it would take me weeks to be able to play those songs...

Go ahead and do nthing else matters if you want though..
    i dont have an amp .... well its at the shop ... i mite get it tommorow morning though .. ill put it up then
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Vladek)
    wonderwall is far too easy!
    Thanks for boosting my cinfidence there.

if u have an electronic tuner its very easy to tune it accurately ... trust me give it a try .... play wonderwall and then play iris . people love it ... when i play metallica they all look at me like this :confused:
    I don't have an electronic tuner though. I keep meaning to get one but buy CDs instead.

ReputationRep:

I don't have an electronic tuner though. I keep meaning to get one but buy CDs instead.
    lol come on its just strumin' some chords

ReputationRep:
    doesnt matter i played tht song for 2 months b4 i went onto n e thing else

sumtimes its best not to have one .... trains ur ear ... sum ppl get to used to em , thankfully i can tune the guitar to the normal EADGBE by ear . takes a little more time for other tunings .

ReputationRep:
    the first song i ever played .. well not song but riff was the intro to Enter sandman

ReputationRep:
    the first song i ever played .. well not song but riff was the intro to Enter sandman
    The first song i every perfected was smells like teen spirit.

ReputationRep:
    The first song i every perfected was smells like teen spirit.
    i sucked at the palm muting parts ... still have to concentrate to get those down rite

ReputationRep:
    i sucked at the palm muting parts ... still have to concentrate to get those down rite
    I find the palm muting on aneurism quiet hard, can't keep the rhythm and palm mute it, oddly enough

ReputationRep:
    I find the palm muting on aneurism quiet hard, can't keep the rhythm and palm mute it, oddly enough
    never tried it ... ive only played teen spirit , about a girl , come as u are and all apologies from nirvana ... and tht song polly ? ... i cant remember the name .. its been ages since i played it

ReputationRep:
    never tried it ... ive only played teen spirit , about a girl , come as u are and all apologies from nirvana ... and tht song polly ? ... i cant remember the name .. its been ages since i played it
    yeah its actually called "Polly" hehe.

Its a cool song to play, not difficult eiether.

ReputationRep:
    yeah its actually called "Polly" hehe.

Its a cool song to play, not difficult eiether.
    i havent come across a nirvana song yet tht is tht hard ... kobain wasnt really tht great a guitarist ... but a hell of a songwriter ...

im off for the nite ,

nite all

ReputationRep:
    i'll whip anyones arse at a muse song i tells ya - don't ask me to do distortion effects though cos i aint got any

ReputationRep:

Which is a joke...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Actually the first song I was gonna suggest was

Metallica - Master of puppets

The race is on!
    Or Joe Satriani's Summer Song

ReputationRep:
    no...i propose Queens Bohemian Rhapsody.....the furthest I got with that was 2 lines.

And I mean the lot, all on guitar, even the insane bits which are done on piano!

If anyone presents me with a full recording of them playing the entire song on guitar, I will eat my hat!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.