Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well theve only been getting more attention in the last 6 months or so, but theve been around for a couple of years.

ReputationRep:
    Well, anything that has only really got big in the UK in the last year, I don't really know much about. Never heard a Franz Ferdinand song, for example. Scissor Sisters, nope. The new 'Streets' album, sorry. Heard of some of the stuff, but have to catch up with what has gone on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lydiamonds)
    Following on from people talking about their need for dance i want to ask about Art.

Art is my major hobby and I love it to bits (it was a very hard choice between that and physics for uni course).

Only problem is where I can do it. Ive noticed there are 2/3 arts societies, what are the differences? I wondered if there is an art room, as I dont see my easel fitting into my room and certainly dont seem them approving of acrylic pant on their floors! And arts week, wats that like? Are there any competitions I could enter?

did anyone else do a level art? I loved it even though i only could do lesson a week as it was an extra a-level. I mainly did portraits, wat about other people?
    Lydia, you might be interested in getting involved in Castle Arts Week - I can't remember who the new director is but hopefully someone else will know. As for whether there are any art rooms, I have no idea but provided you don't actually paint your walls then college will probably be unconcerned about what you get up to...

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite worried I might lose my German when I go over to England, which would suck....I did think about joining the "German society", but then I figured that'd probably be pretty cringey. I think I'll try making a reading list of German books (and hope I stick to it - lazy lazy me)...hmmm

I quite like the idea of joining one of the art societies as well....I can't wait for the freshers' fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt.berlin)
    Although it takes quite a few for Nena's 80s classic "99 Luftballons" to be cool.
    *sings along* Hast du etwas Zeit fuer mich, und singe ich ein Leid fuer dich...."

I sad to say I have that song on my PC, worse still its the remixed techno version!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    I'm quite worried I might lose my German when I go over to England, which would suck....
    Das versteh' ich ja total. Wir können aber miteinander auf Deutsch quatschen! Ich würde gerne Freunde in Durham finden, mit denen ich auf Deutsch reden kann.

ReputationRep:
    Das versteh' ich ja total. Wir können aber miteinander auf Deutsch quatschen! Ich würde gerne Freunde in Durham finden, mit denen ich auf Deutsch reden kann.
    das bin ich! hoffentlich

ReputationRep:
    Lol...genau, und wir schauen dann zusammen Sandmännchen.

ReputationRep:
    You should see my mp3 collection. It has such diverse treasures as:

Echt - Immer nur ficken
    Hildegard Knef - Für mich soll's rote Rosen regnen
    Fettes Brot - Schwule Mädchen
    Nina Hagen - Du hast den Farbfilm vergessen

And the Sandmann tune too of course!

ReputationRep:
    Lydia, you might be interested in getting involved in Castle Arts Week - I can't remember who the new director is but hopefully someone else will know. As for whether there are any art rooms, I have no idea but provided you don't actually paint your walls then college will probably be unconcerned about what you get up to...
    Thanx for that, i heard about the arts week and its definitely something ill look into if i get in, i dont like to temp fate as its getting so close. So wat sort of things happen at arts week?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.