Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    mine are 6 and 7...

ReputationRep:
    Gone to Specsavers all my life

Forgot to fill in a form to claim an NHS vocher this year, so will have to pay full price when I go on Monday
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    oh noes! You can claim back the cost though, just the fill the form in now. And ensure the optician knows you want to claim the cost back.

ReputationRep:
    Oooo, I'll do that!

Thank YOu!

ReputationRep:
    Specsavers for me!

ReputationRep:
    Got my Rimless from Specsavers. Need some new ones though I doubt i will go Specs again, the range they have are rather limited and not exactly to my taste. D&A and VisionExpress have some nicer Rimless frames, but im unsure whether to stop wearing glasses altogether and wear daily contact lenses instead

ReputationRep:
    I got to my local optician. They're more expensive than going to a large chain however after going to Specsavers I'll happily pay the extra cash. Went to Specsavers last year instead of my local...they got my numbers wrong (despite my complaints when they gave me the glasses, they assured me it was normal -my eyes eventually adjusted to the new glasses after a while) and the glasses themselves were poorly made (and were pretty much destroyed after 6 months).

Definitely do check out your smaller non-brand place. It'll be a bit more expensive however you'll get much better service and you'll find semi-designer brands that are slightly more normal than some of the stuff you see out there in places like D&A or Specsavers.

ReputationRep:
    Specsavers.

My NHS voucher gives me a £77 discount. In additon to my student discount, i can get designer glasses at a far less cost.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    And if you get designer ones they will be the same quality wherever you get them.

ALthough i've had specsavers brand glasses for 3 years and they never broke.

ReputationRep:
    I use Vision Express - although they do have all the out-there horrendous frames, they do have some decent ones.

Although when I go to India this year (I'm from there) I may pick up a new pair. I'm bored of mine

ReputationRep:
    Specsavers! =]

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.