• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Robin_Hood90)
    you married ? just curiuos
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    It's not too young if you're right for each other. Different people meet 'the one' at different times in their lives. I married my hubby when I was 21 and he was 28.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to get married until i'm about 25/26. I want me and my boyfriend to have somewhere to live first without worrying about the cost of a house too. To me it doesn't matter when we get married because we're perfectly happy as we are. Plus both of us have parents who are divorced and i want to make absolutely sure we're in it for the long run.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 24 when I get married.

ReputationRep:
    I am sick of there being set ages for situations in life, such as driving, going to university, marriage, or having children. It is not that surprising that as unique people, we are ready at different times for different situations.

My advice OP: It is yours and your bfs life- so live it like you want it!

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretary_problem

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends just got engaged to her boyfriend who she's been going out with for a year. He's 15 and she's 16..he's not even legal! I think they're rushing things if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    never if i can help and kids either i enjoy my life too much to throw it away

Never, too much commitment and restraint. Same with children.

ReputationRep:
    i'd like to get married aged 27-ish but, as others have said, you can't plan when you're going to meet the right person

ReputationRep:
    I'm really confused, my boyfriend (going out 2 years) gave me a promise ring and said that he promises that if we stay together throughout uni and we have enough money we'll get married. He said that he thinks we're too young to get engaged (and I said I didnt want to be engaged at uni to be referred to as "the engaged girl"). But isn't this practically a proposal?

ReputationRep:
    I want to be around 25ish, after we've both graduated and have established ourselves in a career and just generally grown up a bit! Although we live together now, I'm 19 and he's 21, but marriage is still a long way away!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say early thirties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tailz)
    Ive been with my boyfriend 3 years soon and we feel like we want to get married in the future like in 2009/2010? that would make us 21/22 and 24/25, is that too young?
    I was 21 and my husband was 22 when we got together and we got married 3 weeks ago at 25/26. Was right for us and only you can know whats right for you.

ReputationRep:
    I had friends in the USA who got married in their teens (I don't remember the exact age anymore, and I don't want to say bs now, but I think one partner was 17).

Personally, I love the idea of getting married young, and let me tell you, it's since I'm 16 that I wish to be bound to that one person and have kids (yeah, now I'm 20, a guy, and I want kids... funny right? Or does anyone else here wish to see the mini version of themselves and their future consort?), but my reasons for not doing so are those mentioned by Angelil.
    I like challenges, and running an entire family at this age might be one, but alas, I have careerist goals, as well.

Good luck with whatever decision you take.
    It's up to you and your partner

ReputationRep:
    I want to go on to do post-graduate work after I finish my current degree, so I don't think I'll be in a position to get married until I'm about 30 (taking time, finances, accomodation etc. into consideration.)

That said, my ex-boyf just got married to someone he's known for less than a year -- and they're both 19. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Never. I don't see the point really.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 27 when I get married, and my fiance 22. I was worried he'd feel too young to marry, but he's very certain and knows exactly what he wants. It helps that he's very mature for his age as well. It can work if you're young, my mum was 19 when she married my dad, and they've been married 29 years this month!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 7, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.