Turn on thread page Beta

Nicest pens? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The ergonomic Staedtler Triplus is so awesome! I've been using it for all my exams and it seems to last forever. My hands never ache...even after days of 3hr exams. You get nice smooth writing as well for a pretty good price $8 for a pack of 4.

ReputationRep:
    Just get the cheapest biro you can find. You'll find yourself doing the vast majority of all your work on the computer anyway, so why spend money on a fancy pen? I used two bog standard biros all year...worked fine!

ReputationRep:
    I read that wrong and thought the title of this thread was "nicest penis".
    Nice.

ReputationRep:
    My gold pen vith eagles!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the recommendations! I'm quite odd in that if I'm writing something shorter like a poem or a bit of prose, I like to do it with a pen and paper rather than on a laptop. There's a park near my uni where my sig photo was taken and I love to sit there and write stuff, so taking a pen and notepad is more fun for me than a laptop.

Robob, I admit this is one tragic thread, and I apologise :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ordinary black Bic biro does the trick for me, lol.

ReputationRep:
    I am a fan of the blue Bic. Also, WhSmiths pens are good, the own brand ball point.

Also, that purple one people had said. And Barclays freebies are really great, except they are black which sucks.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the title said "nicest penis" :P

But seriously, my favourite pen is the pen I got free from Barclays a few months ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFBProject)
    I am a fan of the blue Bic. Also, WhSmiths pens are good, the own brand ball point.

Also, that purple one people had said. And Barclays freebies are really great, except they are black which sucks.
    I have to use black ink, documents aren't considered official if completed in blue ink and the majority of my placement writing it writing on documents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFBProject)
    Also, WhSmiths pens are good, the own brand ball point.
    Oh yes, agreed.

ReputationRep:
    I hate black ink. I only use it on official documents. I don't mind green, or purple, but not black.

You cannot beat WHSmiths pens though, no way.

ReputationRep:
    I sold a £75 one the other day to someone at work

but yeah, them papermate ones with grips

and i never want to see another whsmith pen after the 'back to school' rush today... jeeez

ReputationRep:
    The best biros tend to be free ones, so good luck hunting them down...
    The cheapest Parker fountain pen (Vector?) is ace.

My mum had a cheap biro she used all though her dissertation...it ran out completely and she stuck it on it. I'd love to run a biro down, but I always lose them.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to use an energel needle tip pen, ink dries veeery fast, which is nice when you're left handed and often end up smudging your writing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a fan of the "bic cristal grip" pens

The lady in charge of my work experience used one, and they're really comfortable to write with

Also have a slight obsession with the "uni-ball signo gelstick" pens, though they aren't always completely smooth!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exopaladin)
    I tend to use an energel needle tip pen, ink dries veeery fast, which is nice when you're left handed and often end up smudging your writing.
    see, as a fellow leftie i have never had that problem....

ReputationRep:
    I agree with "K O K O" The ergonomic Staedtler Triplus are excellent...I got some more yesterday you can buy them from partners for £1.69 or buy them in a pack of ten from places like euro office... for nice pens i always go for a waterman fountain pen. If you want nice cheap pens...staples (own brand) do a pack of 10 pens for £1.29 which are really nice to use.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.