Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Revising now would be pointless, you really won't remember, and your not even sure if your revising the correct stuff. When you begin year 11 you won't notice a huge difference between year 10 and 11 it's around half way through when the pressure becomes noticable.

Also, don't worry too much about mock exams. Teachers aren't silly, there not going look at your mock and see a D and put you in foundation even though your coursework is A* material. I got mainly Ds in my mocks (mainly as I forgot about them) and I was still enterd in all the higher exams and got As and Bs and 2Cs and 1D ha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    sorry but if he want straight A* then revise all you can. ppl say GCSEs don't mean anything but if ur goin for a top uni then they do. by ur standards im guessin u are. always aim high cos u'll always drop short

if u don't u could be in my position, just started a levels knowing you won't get a place at the uni u want cos of ur GCSEs

R.I.P LSE dream
    Your LSE is definitely not out the window. If you get Straight As at A Level, and the course you apply for at LSE isn't too competitive you still stand a chance.

What are the LSE minimum required grades at GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    sorry but if he want straight A* then revise all you can. ppl say GCSEs don't mean anything but if ur goin for a top uni then they do. by ur standards im guessin u are.(
    if that was about me thanks

what course do you wnat to do at LSE? and seens you have only just started your a-levels it oculdnt have been a good few days. So i would keep my head high and try my hardest becuase at the end of the day they are there to help people achieve if you say your motivation improved with a-level they might let you in!

ReputationRep:
    8 a* is very steep although some may skip past it, us mere mortals find that a hard thing to match. Imperial is a good uni isnt it?

well done on your top grades what did you get them in and what course are you looking to apply for?

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.