Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by The_Adarshster)
    Not in a club. Say you know a girl at university. One day she comes up to you and asks you out. Unless the guy is already in a relationship, he will accept the offer 99% of the time.
    Ha, I can guarantee with me they wouldn't! I can understand guys would be flattered and therefore see the girl in a positive way, but im sure some people would think its a bit over the top, I dunno.

ReputationRep:
    Yea Ive never had a guy in my life we did this physical attraction rating thing in a sociology A level class and I got the lowest score of everyone 4.6. I remember in college I overheard some guys talking about me and heard my name and they said 'nah she doesn't talk or anything' then another said 'be careful shes behind us' lol. All lads have ever done is call me by the last name, take the piss out of me and laugh with there mates. Its true :/ So I don't see why a guy wouldn't reject me lol

ReputationRep:
    Girls saying that guys dont like to be approached or "well if he liked me he would've approached ME already" is just ridiculous. Its just a well accepted reason to not do something which is purely inihibited by fear. Personally I'm rather shy and am perfectly happy flirting but actually going a step further scares me because im afraid of the girl feeling awkward, pressured whatever, its stupid but its me . Now I would be extremely happy if girls approached me and even if I really didnt want to go out witht hem I'd atleast be polite and nice about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMo1)
    Girls saying that guys dont like to be approached or "well if he liked me he would've approached ME already" is just ridiculous. Its just a well accepted reason to not do something which is purely inihibited by fear. Personally I'm rather shy and am perfectly happy flirting but actually going a step further scares me because im afraid of the girl feeling awkward, pressured whatever, its stupid but its me . Now I would be extremely happy if girls approached me and even if I really didnt want to go out witht hem I'd atleast be polite and nice about it.

yea i agree. but what if he reject her, its less likely that shes gonna approach another guy in the future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    In a club? :confused: There's nothing more annoying than having a pair of tits shoved in your face whilst you're trying to dance with your mates. Usually its in the form of, 'so do you want to buy me/my friend a drink.' That behaviour coupled with a load of drunks trying to touch up your girl mates is bloody annoying.
    I think you'll find if the girl's half decent that's exactly what a guy wants. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DirtyHarry)
    I think you'll find if the girl's half decent that's exactly what a guy wants. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'm usually like --> "if he'd be interested he'd approached already"... and then most of the times i end up waiting and nothing really happens. I'm comfortable with start flirting, approaching a guy and start talking, but i had never asked a guy out first (I will have to change that NOW, cause othervise someone else - i already know who - will come and take him away=)).. So, many times i didnt end up with a guy i really liked (maybe cause i was to shy, maybe he just wasn't into me,...).. anyway.. I think that if a girl really likes a guy she should ask him out, even tho she's affraid of the rejection, cause othervise she will end up wondering what could have happend (as I am now). My friend always says, you will never get to heaven if you're scared of getting high =D

ReputationRep:
    I used to be confident in approaching guys, but i dont know how i have kind of lost my confidence a bit I think its my fear of being rejected

ReputationRep:
    Remo: nothing wrong with rejection, at worst its a funny story that you might get teased about eventually, at best they're a rude prick about it and then you dont want to go out with them anyway........you've just got to accept that someon will just say no and you'll be a bit embarassed.

Lou: referring to my earlier post, thats just disguising the "I dont want to cause I'm scared" factor. What stops this guy saying the same thing?

ReputationRep:
    I bet more guys wish they were approached first..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMo1)
    Lou: referring to my earlier post, thats just disguising the "I dont want to cause I'm scared" factor. What stops this guy saying the same thing?
    Nothing ? I just said that im usually scared of rejection so i end up alone not asking the guy out and that apparently i will have to change that (now) cause guys that i like are 1.) even more shy than me or 2.) only being kind and actually not interested ... so... I will have to find that out.

ReputationRep:
    they do

ReputationRep:
    So after reading this thread, when I get back to uni I'm going to be forward with lots of fit guys at clubs that I've fancied for ages. And if I get knocked back (most probable, see my profile picture lol) I'm going to blame everyone in this thread!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio~)
    Yea Ive never had a guy in my life we did this physical attraction rating thing in a sociology A level class and I got the lowest score of everyone 4.6.
    4.6 isn't that bad, your only 0.4 away from bangable on my scale. So im sure there are plenty of guys that would want to get with you, keep/start trying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenna_is_ace)
    So after reading this thread, when I get back to uni I'm going to be forward with lots of fit guys at clubs that I've fancied for ages. And if I get knocked back (most probable, see my profile picture lol) I'm going to blame everyone in this thread!!!
    I looked at your profile picture. And i dont think you'll have too much trouble :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanisonfire)
    I looked at your profile picture. And i dont think you'll have too much trouble :yy:
    What the hell!! are you serious??

ReputationRep:
    i just looked at it too - very pretty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GTi)
    Yes, yes i am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanisonfire)
    Yes, yes i am.
    i definatly would:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenna_is_ace)
    You are really pretty !!! So i have no idea why would YOU get rejected =D

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.