Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does iGoogle allowyou to have entire webpages open up as tabs?

ReputationRep:
    you can get rid of the google search bar by right clicking on the nav bar, clicking customise, and just dragging the search bar into the customise window.

ReputationRep:
    In firefox it's www.blackle.com (wooo saving the planet Just wish it had image search!)
    In IE, it's TSR
    Generally I don't use my homepages though, as I either leave my laptop hibernating or restore my last firefox session which has everything I could ever possibly want on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    In firefox it's www.blackle.com (wooo saving the planet Just wish it had image search!)

hmm,weirdest thing i have seen for a while - interesting though.

i have a greenle alternative

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh, linky?
    I like black backgrounds on stuff - wish TSR had a black skin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Its what i imagine they'd force the black people to use in 50's America or Apartheid South Africa, if they had google then of course .

ReputationRep:
    Its just a custom page i made myself.

You can take the google search code and make the page yourself..mine is green (but has loads of extra links on it) - but yea, you could make the equivalent of the black thing with any colour you want.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    mine has a google searchbox on it :cool:

I just re-did mine and added on a couple of new sites (youtube)...which is why i thought of makign htis thread..even got everything on nice lines.........

I really should use all the financial ones to pay my bills

I was thinking of adding soem of those 'fact of the day/word of the day' things along the bottom or somehting interesting but couldn;t find anything simpel and easy that wouldnt mess the page up - any tips?
    Pic attached:

My firefox bookmark toobar has the same effect as that and it takes less space . My homepage is http://news.bbc.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wesetters)
    That breaks the TSR terms of service.
    How come, Will? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    How come, Will? :confused:
    Presumably because it creates an unnecessary drain on the bandwith (or whatever the term is)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wesetters)
    lol
    How did you know that its a breach of the TOS? Have you commited to memory all TSR's rules? :afraid:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by removed)
    I really want a homepage with the links of all the websites I go on. How do you make one?
    the way I did it was to get the logos of all the sites i use and then edit them in paint to make them all the same size - - then i just put them all into my HTML editor (MS frontpage) - arranged them and added links to them

also got the Google search code form somewhere and stuck that in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by removed)
    Where do you save it?
    Anywhere you want, My Documents for example. Then change your homepage to wherever you saved it.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I save it on my harddrive - just hidden away on my second hard drive.

The good thing about this is that it loads up straight away - even if you are not connected to the net.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is a custom Orange homepage.

Well when i say custom, all it shows me is news about Britney & Paris.

What else do you need from a homepage?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/oxlip/
    To remind myself that I should be working...:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idiot)
    This makes me wonder: are some of you out there actually pressing <Alt><Home> and then typing in your search query? If you're using Firefox, the chances are you already have a search bar, which you can start using right away by pressing <Ctrl>k
    I do C-l Tab

Easy.

ReputationRep:
    good old Google

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    mine has a google searchbox on it :cool:

I just re-did mine and added on a couple of new sites (youtube)...which is why i thought of makign htis thread..even got everything on nice lines.........

I really should use all the financial ones to pay my bills

I was thinking of adding soem of those 'fact of the day/word of the day' things along the bottom or somehting interesting but couldn;t find anything simpel and easy that wouldnt mess the page up - any tips?
    Pic attached:
    that's very nice but why not just use netvibes

they added a facebook module the other day - excellentness

ReputationRep:
    http://www.google.co.uk/ig

And has been for as long as I can remember.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.