Private Plates...Yay or Nay Watch

sauce
Badges: 13
Report 11 years ago
i wouldnt spend silly amounts of money as I've previously said. Like over 1k-2k like the OP is prepared to. if a cheeky LIL with something else random came up for the right price I'd be very tempted and a little purchase may be in order for the swift :cool: (or the soon to be different car :cool:)
Cj-Tj
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If it works then definatly yes.

All 3 cars in my household have them, mine, brothers and parents. You wouldnt nessisarily know who they were without knowing the name, but when you know the full name it says it very well in a srt f lk ths wy. Mine and brothers both have the same last 3 letters - most of our surname, so people easily put 2 and 2 together.
davidjones90
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
To the relief of some of you guys, he said he's not willing to sell it. O well
jus-mi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
nay to private plate ....you got to remember eventually your gunna end up selling the car ...and that could be a lil difficult if lets say your private plate says 'john08' some ppl might be put of and there are a limited no. of johns lolol ....weak example but do you get my point
Cortez
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jus-mi)
nay to private plate ....you got to remember eventually your gunna end up selling the car ...and that could be a lil difficult if lets say your private plate says 'john08' some ppl might be put of and there are a limited no. of johns lolol ....weak example but do you get my point
:rolleyes: You can transfer plates to other cars so it's not going to put anyone off. If the plate was permanently assigned to one car then people wouldn't be able to sell them on.
jus-mi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ohhhh kool...in that case yeah if you can get it cheap ...id love to get 1 of my initials in italic fonts lol
DJW
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
I was given a car and a private number plate for Christmas two years ago by my parents.
The car was in the region of £500-£600 (can't exactly remember) and I wasn't told if I wanted to know how much the plate was I'd have to look at similar ones online because they wouldn't tell me.
The plate is DAZ followed by 4 numbers of no significence and having looked at the same plate with different numbers online they were all around £1400.

I can tell you now I'd much rather have had a £2000 car with normal plates. I think it looks tacky and stupid and is a waste of money, and I didn't even pay for it!

When I get round to getting rid of the car I I'm going to revert it to it's original plates (or to different ones, not sure how it works tbh) and sell the plates seperately. Realistically it's probably working out for the best as I've had a car I could have trashed without it being a problem and now I've got 3/4 times the car's value in money when I sell it.
Minardi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lilian)
i wouldnt spend silly amounts of money as I've previously said. Like over 1k-2k like the OP is prepared to. if a cheeky LIL with something else random came up for the right price I'd be very tempted and a little purchase may be in order for the swift :cool: (or the soon to be different car :cool:)
https://www.regtransfers.co.uk/main/...8&criteria=lil
sauce
Report 11 years ago
bless you rob :hugs:
tis a bit expensive thouggh.half that...and it may be considered for my new car!
jUsT2eXy
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by FyreFight)
There's someone down my road who's got a Jag with 'WWW 1' as the license plate. Must've cost him an absolute fortune.
WWW 1 is not registered to / on a Jaguar. It's registered to a

Make
PORSCHE
Year of manufacture
Model
CAYENNE TURBO AUTO
Engine size(CC)

The person upgraded lol?

And back on topic... Private plates ftw ^^
They appreciate rather than depreciate.. and its like a final touch to a car.. depending on what car you have obviously.. Also it hides the age of the car you drive... For example.. if you drive a VW Golf Mk4 2001 (W reg)... and you had a private number plate on it.. people are not going to know if its a 2002 / 2000.. well they can if they know there stuff... but you get my drift.

My plate was £1100.
Jimi Haze
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've got one, but it's subtley Private as it's in the style of XY55 XYZ - just with my initials as the first 2 letters and my last name as the last three - so that was good

Some plates are cool if they actually means something, like your name, or nickname...but when you see something like P1mp you just think - what a ****.
FyreFight
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jUsT2eXy)

Make
PORSCHE
Year of manufacture
Model
CAYENNE TURBO AUTO
Engine size(CC)

The person upgraded lol?

They appreciate rather than depreciate.. and its like a final touch to a car.. depending on what car you have obviously.. Also it hides the age of the car you drive... For example.. if you drive a VW Golf Mk4 2001 (W reg)... and you had a private number plate on it.. people are not going to know if its a 2002 / 2000.. well they can if they know there stuff... but you get my drift.

My plate was £1100.
He must've done. I'll keep a look out for his new car, heh.
jUsT2eXy
Report 11 years ago
Ok ^^ Lucky guy. Cayenne is amazin'.. Turbo <3
Cortez
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jUsT2eXy)

Make
PORSCHE
Year of manufacture
Model
CAYENNE TURBO AUTO
Engine size(CC)

The person upgraded lol?

My plate was £1100.
What car is that in your avatar?
jUsT2eXy
Report 11 years ago
Range rover Supercharged... Has a Project Khan body kit fitted... (http://www.projectkahn.com/rangerover/index.html)

Its a 2004... new RR looks better with Khan kit.
http://www.dealers.motortrak.com/det...155&vidindex=0
Cortez
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I thought it might be but a bit hard to tell as it's so small. I love those cars.
jUsT2eXy
Report 11 years ago
Me 2. Dads got a diesel one Company car though so its a policy
Still its been remapped so its got more hp + and torque +
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yay, i want a private plate on my car, keeps the car looking newer. The age is hard to tell.

Probably somethng along the lines of "V8 GRV" (Graham Harvey (RV)). I think last time i looked it was £250 all in, so umm.
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
V8 seat? Dream on sunshine.
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hehe, never said i would get it for the Seat did i!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (105)
17.65%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.39%
Not great so far... (212)
35.63%
I want to drop out! (115)
19.33%

Watched Threads