Worried about going to prom... Watch

Toy Soldier
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Why's everyone saying just to go with friends? The OP said they have no friends! I know plenty of people who went just in a group and had a great time... but... they were in a group.

Also I agree with what most people are saying, the prom itself is over rated (and at mine, very expensive for a very mediocre meal)... but did none of you poor souls have afterprom parties? Like... someone hosts a massive random drunken blowout that rages on until 10 or 11am? I went to two of those (the year of my own prom and the year previous) and they're just magic. Though, the one that wasn't even my prom was much better than the 2nd, I was pissed off at that because it was crashed by a gang of older lads (someone got bottled, about 5 people got spiked) and ended up going home at 4am.

Guess it depends where you went to school though. Both of those parties were held in converted barns on people's farms. I can't imagine anyone agreeing to host a party like that in their house, as it would be utter carnage.
CatzGoBoom
Report 11 years ago
I agree with people who say that prom is overrated. I did not enjoy mine in the slightest, and I went with some good friends. If you really don't think that you will enjoy yourself, and there honestly isn't one person that you can possibly go with (I don't mean as date or anything) then to be personally, i wouldn't bother. There's no point paying money to go somewhere where you're not going to feel comfortable and have a good time. You do have a while yet to think this over more though, so don't go making a decision yet.
poppyache
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
why on earth would being unattractive stop you from going to a ball? make an effort and you will look nice, its all relative.
Don John
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Or be like me and Kristof (The Toffy) - we didn't go to ours at all!

oh wait that isn't a good thing is it...
The Toffy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Don John)
Or be like me and Kristof (The Toffy) - we didn't go to ours at all!

oh wait that isn't a good thing is it...
Indeed :P
Don John
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Haha since when do you have a BMI ticker :p:

*waits for the inevitable and obvious comedic answer*
person 34
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I had to go to a boys school prom with a guy I didn't like. We had an awesome time!!!

Admiteldy, I am dreading MY school prom but I'm trying to think positively...but that's only because I go to a *****y girls' school and everyone slabbers your date unless he's hot/"funny", so I've decided to go date free
weet_ABI_x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
We didn't have a year 11 prom in our school but I went to my Christmas dance last month, and spent ages talking to a girl who didn't really have any friends. It wasn't as if everyone hated her though, it was just that no one knew her... I don't know what it's like for you. Anyway it went really well and I think she had a nice time. However I was off my face which was what initiated my original overt friendliness and possibly I'm remembering it all wrong anyway?

I thought mine was immense, and despite the fact I still went in a group, I barely spoke to anyone I went with all night because I was drunk to the point to being angry at people for no reason. I just alternated between drinking, dancing, taking pictures and crying and it was absolutely amazing. One of the best nights ever. So just look on the positive side. It's probably better to go and regret it than to not go and regret it. And you can always leave if it gets too painful - if you really don't have any friends, in a non-mean way, it's not as if anyone will notice!
Chase Me
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Awh! You should go. Then come back and tell us how it went. Because it is funnier that way.

Or, if I'm being totally serious, I think that you really do want to go. Otherwise, you wouldn't be looking for assurance about going, because not going really isn't that big of a deal, especially if you know nobody at your school. I suggest that you take someone with you who doesn't go to your school and who isn't obviously a hooker/gigolo. Preferably a babe. Siblings don't count, go for a cousin, or a family friend, or a colleague. They won't say no, because they feel sorry for you. That way you get to enjoy the buffet without looking like a sad loner.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27%
Not great so far... (283)
35.87%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.26%

Watched Threads