AQA chemistry unit 4 22nd Jan official discussion thread! Watch

hey1990
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Maestor)
ah lol same same (sorry lol..knew it had an 8 in there somwhere)
did u get 4.81 for the buffer.
Maestor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yea i did..well im pretty sure i had 4.8 somting lol....what about ka....was that in the region of 2..?
Pepe Le Poosh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
2.8 something i think
Maestor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yea thought it was in the region of 2......what was the name of that alkene...i would had been there whole day trying to get that one
Pepe Le Poosh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
the one that formed the addition polymer? 3-methyl pent-2-ene
Maestor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hmmm god soo hated that polymer/isomer section i knew it was going to come up...wasnt able to get 2 isomers and probably drew the monomers on the next page wrong too.....anyone know how the monomers shaped out to be?
Pepe Le Poosh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Butanedioc acid + 1,2 diaminoethane was one. I remeber coz i corrected it last minute because i accidentally wrote 1,4 diaminoethane. Haha 1,4.

And the last two was an alcohol and butandioc acid as well i think. Hard to remeber what i put tho but thats what i think i put. If someone says what they put and i put that i'd recognize it but i don't remember what i put off the top of my head. Does that make sense???
Couldxbe
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I got 4.81 for my buffer.

I managed to get esters for both V and W, but people in my school are saying that one had to be a carboxylic acid. Now, I may be imagining this, but I'm positive it said ESTERS V and W are isomers of....

I put van der waals and hydrogen bonding, as I'm pretty sure there was a double bond O which would be able to bond with H.

I got Kc = 0.22, but I think I screwed up somewhere in that calculation...

I know I got the graph for k varying with time wrong, as I didn't see the question until she said pens down!

How many peaks did you get? It was weird with all those OHs

I put ethyldiamine and butandioic acid, do you think I'll get penalised for not putting numbers on? I know I will for ethyldiamine but perhaps not for butandioic acid....
Maestor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i think it was 1,4 butandioic acid..or wass it with the amine?..cant remmeber properly myself im sure i got the names for them 2 write..just the drawing bits peed me off....in section B there was a naming bit to..i think it was N-ethylbenze...lol..doesnt make sense..somting N..lol
karate_kat
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I remember getting something like 0.217 for the Kc thing
Maestor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hmm i put 5 peaks i think witha quartet and triplet..i think i was wrong...freinds got like 3 and 4..?
Pepe Le Poosh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
hmmmmmmmmm
The CH2 were in the same environment so they would have the same peak, OH are in the same environment regardless and CH3 were all attached to one C so same environment. That makes 3 i think. I don't remember what i got for Kc. And The spliting of CH2s in...

...-O=C-CH2-CH2-C=O-... is a slinglet isn't it? because equivalent hyrdogens don't split each other.
karate_kat
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thing is, it said for that question that one of the CH2's formed a peak, so I would have thought that each formed a separate peak?
Maestor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i thought they have to be next to the same group aswell..
blahbloo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I put four peaks, and I put a quartet and a triplet.

Stop me from going onto this thread, its making me feel worse about my exam which I thought went well!
Maestor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yea...ch2 im pretty sure should be a triplet..
karate_kat
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I put 6 peaks, but no-one else seems to have got this
And then singlet for the CH3 and triplet for the CH2. Anyone else get this?
And it is true that this is making us see our mistakes that we didn't see before.
Pepe Le Poosh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I jsut looked at my calculator and ive messed up Kc.

I times by 0.25 instead of divided. D'uh. I feel so stupid. However it is only 2 marks.
Although i've already lost another 2. Because i put hydrogen bonding instead of dipole-dipole and i put the useful product for industry as Phenylethene, which i think is wrong. Excluding any other mistakes thatd be 86/90 but there are bound to be more mistakes.
Maestor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
lol..i got quartet because there is a CH3 on tha same C aswell..but i think it may well be a singlet if you thought both the CH3's were in the same environment i guess.......it was vdw and dp-dp not h-bonding.....ah u guys get the regeneration of alcl3? AlCl4- + H+ --> AlCl3 + HCL is what i wrote for that bit...and the very last bit...was it about fingerprinting region being unique to each compound?
Pepe Le Poosh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
it was

.......CH3
.......|
CH3-C-CO-CH2-CH2-COOH
.......|
.......OH

-OHs produces one peak
-CH2s are in the same environment produce another
-CH3s are in the same environment produce another

And i got the same thing for the regeneration question and the fingerprint region.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (69)
23.71%
No (222)
76.29%

Watched Threads