Boyfriend doesn't like condoms. Watch

This discussion is closed.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Calm down guys, and no need to be insulting each other.
yonanz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
trust me ..and all the sensible good natured people in their right mind

what he is doing is really overboard.its not being melodramatic.or whiny.or whatever. its just plain respect. being in a relationship doesnt mean that this element becomes redundant. and personally, it is the right of way of the girl to decide whether or not she wants a condom. i mean we can go on arguing how relationship should have compromises but compromises go both ways and go on infinitely, so it has to end somewhere. in this case, the guys isnt the one with all the problem. its the poor girl. can you imagine all the mess, fear of pregnancy (my gf is incredibly afraid of this), insecurity, and her bladder problems? and also the discomfort she has to go thru? All this just because her bf feels that sex wihout condom is *******. all this just because he wanted a better feel during sex wihout even considering the pain the girl is going thru. how selfish and self centered. arse.
TKnightrider
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes i agree Helenia. There is no need. Guys if you just talk about it like adults and stop baiting each other. I think your BF really needs to take a reality check and ASAP because it sounds like he is driving you away. By any chance is he Catholic? It may be why doesnt want to use condoms?
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by McJewwy)
And he's entitled to think it's unfair. I know I would.
It's more unfair that he won't get himself tested for std's.

Yes it might be a bit annoying to suddenly have to wear a condom, but any decent guy who cared about his girlfriend, would respect her wishes.
yonanz
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
omg it is so getting on my nerves. ARGH
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by McJewwy)
Lordy, you ARE dramatic.

First up, you said it was messy and it was getting annoying. Point still stands that your complaining about that is on a similar level to his complaints.

Also, you didn't HAVE to sleep with him without one... you chose to do it without any complaints and then start whining about it when he doesn't want to start 10 months later... and you didn't know about the one night stands? chances are you've got an STI already after 10 months, if you were ever going to get one.

Stop getting pissy when people don't agree with you, of course we don't know all the ins and outs but they're completely irrelevant, i'm just going to run with what you've given me.
fair enough that we are both complaining on a similar level, the difference is that I have put up with it for the whole of our relationship.

I haven't just started whining about it, I've brought it up previously, not as far into the relationship, because I wasn't comfortable with it then, and I'm still not. and yes I do realise if I had an STD I would know about it by now, like I said I was checked. That was just a point, about how it would have made sense to use condoms.

and I was only getting 'pissy' because you were rude. I'm sorry.
Varsity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just to throw this in there, but I don’t like using condoms either.

Has anyone considered that he actually can’t feel anything with one on? Because I cant feel much, even with really thin ones. Now if a girl demands that I use them, I will give it a go, but it does make sex hard work for me (requires a lot more concentration for one thing) and I hardly enjoy it.

I think people are a bit quick to attack this guy tbh.
yonanz
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
no the problem here is.

your gf is having so much problem and all you care is whether you feel good or not during sex

jerk
Scarlett88
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by FyreFight)
It's his nob, it's up to him whether he coats it in latex every night.
true point, but he needs to ber considerate of the person who he rams it in to
boys shouldnt be the only one with a say
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Barny)
I don't know where everyone is on your side here, I'd be feeling the same way as your boyfriend personally.

If you've had no problems with having sex without a condom up till now why would it suddenly start bothering you? I don't really buy the cleaning excuse, if you don't like it that much get him to *** somewhere else, then all you need is a tissue(or if you're a true champ you won't even need that ).
As I said, I have not just started voicing my opinions on it. I bet you would buy the cleaning excuse if it was happeneing to you. and I doubt my boyfriend would feel any better pleased with cumming somewhere else. and I'm assuming you would mean cumming in my mouth to be a "true champ"...lovely to know.

oh and he's not catholic.
Varsity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by yonanz)
no the problem here is.

your gf is having so much problem and all you care is whether you feel good or not during sex

jerk
Well I dont have a gf atm, so she isnt having a problem :P

But given the case in point, why is the original posters problem more important than her boyfriends (assuming he is telling the truth)?
A good sex life is a mutal thing that both partys need to work at, and i think everyone so far has jumped on the BF in this case, very quickly.
Graylilxx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
She's already compromised by putting up with it for so long, she takes the pill day in day out, she puts up with the mess and the worry of getting pregnant and having to get checked out and he does nothing. I don't blame her for feeling this way. Girls do get worried about getting pregnant and putting a condom on just makes the whole thing a little easier. Don't listen to what some people are saying. Your boyfriend needs to sort himslf out.
FyreFight
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dionysus)
No it bloody isn't, not if the girl wants him to use a condom. He sounds like an absolute prick. If he wants sex, he uses a condom. Simple as that.
And why should the girl get to choose and not the guy?
Anonymous #3
Report 11 years ago
i dont use condoms with my grilfriend, but sometimes shell ask if i can use a jonny because of the clean up fuss or because she forgot her pill the night before. i never said no, its up to her aswell, we use featherlites as theyre better that the thick ones. tell him to stop being a prick and do it for you. so what if he has to wear a jonny once a week. its your body, if he says no, say no to sex,
Donald Duck
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by louisedotcom)
If you dont want to have sex without a condom- dont.
Its quite simple really. Tell him no and mean it.
Its only because you go along with it that it persists, so if he knows youre going to give in, he'll keep refusing to wear one.
True
Lili!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
maan this guy sounds like a tit. i think you should get rid of him, asap. he doesn't sound like he's worth all this fuss at all. just go find someone nicer.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Varsity)
Just to throw this in there, but I don’t like using condoms either.

Has anyone considered that he actually can’t feel anything with one on? Because I cant feel much, even with really thin ones. Now if a girl demands that I use them, I will give it a go, but it does make sex hard work for me (requires a lot more concentration for one thing) and I hardly enjoy it.

I think people are a bit quick to attack this guy tbh.
Exactly, I would rather not have sex than have sex with a condom, and that is the honest truth. So you can imagine how annoyed I'd be if my girlfriend of 10 months suddenly decides that she wants me to start wearing condoms for what is seemingly a) no reason at all b) not a very serious reason.

If my girlfriend said to me that she has to come off the pill because it causes blood clots in her brain, then that would be a legitimate reason to start using condoms. Not trusting the pill(which is 99% effective) and not liking the mess is not a legitimate reason, in my opinion.
Anonymous #3
Report 11 years ago
oh, and for those guys saying you cant feel much with them on, neither can i, but have u considered it makes u last even longer, hence giving her more pleasure. sex to me is about giving my gf pleasure, not to fussed about myself.
linkdapink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
There are loads of different types of condoms, try and get ones that are more "for the men" - ie. the one with tingling lube, and the "pleasuremax" ones... there are also ones with a type of lube on the end that delays orgasm in men.

But I know what you mean about the mess. Thankfully my boyfriend can stay awake while I tidy up. Heehee
Graylilxx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by FyreFight)
And why should the girl get to choose and not the guy?
Because he obviously doesn't make any effort to make compromises for her, so why should she continue to do the same and risk the chance of getting pregnant
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (105)
17.62%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.35%
Not great so far... (212)
35.57%
I want to drop out! (116)
19.46%

Watched Threads