Does Iran Deserve Nuclear Power? Watch

This discussion is closed.
callum9999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by PeeWeeDan)
He said Israeli Army... nothing else. Oh boohoo we only gave 60% of what we usually give to the people who fire rockets into our country.

If you actually read some of my posts I'd say it is unlikely they are, but I'm not willing to risk it. Can a mod please close this thread because it is simply attracting nothing but Israelophobia which is entirely detracting from the actual discussion.
Firstly, I believe that the money is taxes illegaly collected by Israel from the Palistinians. Secondly, Israel isnt just withholding money, it is penning 1.5 million people into an area with virtually no resources and forcing Egypt and other countries to stop helping them and randomly killing thousands of civilians (or if it is not randomly, the Israeli army must be incredibly inept considering all the funding they receive).

You are also convieniently forgetting "your" country is land stolen from the palestinians.
username138327
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Would Israel have invaded Lebanon if they had nuclear weapons? No. Course not. Why should Iran not do it's utmost to protect itself from the threat of the US, Nato and Israel. Until countries stop thinking it's fun to invade other countries then nuclear weapons will be their only deterrent to stop them. How would I know? Well my ancestors are from Cyprus, Northern Cyprus. They got kicked out of their homes by invaders.
PeeWeeDan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Times Israel is mentioned on this page: 10
Times Iran is mentioned on this page: 2(excluding titles)

Doesn't that just say something.
smailof
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
well you should know that no one here is "Israelophobiac" but the thing is you came with a very strange question. Iran is not responsible enough to have nuclear powers. sure. Our point is that Israel is not responsible enough too. and ehoud olmert has clearely claimed that Israel has nuclear weapons.
callum9999
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by PeeWeeDan)
Times Israel is mentioned on this page: 10
Times Iran is mentioned on this page: 2(excluding titles)

Doesn't that just say something.
Well thats what happens when an Israeli takes the moral high ground over Iran.

P.S. I am not "Israelaphobic", I will quite happily get along with an Israeli who denounces what their government does. That may seem racist to you but I just have a slight moral problem with people who support murder.
hamednhg
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Socrates)
Perhaps some facts are in order.

Nobody, objectively, deserves nuclear power. The world doesn't work in that way. The US and the former Soviet Union got them because they were threatened by each other, and subsequent countries got them for the same reason. Its simple realist politics.

Secondly, Ahmadinejad has virtually no power. He is merely a puppet for the theocrats, which is headed by, but not limited to, the Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, who has issued fatwas to effect that owning and using nuclear weapons is impermissible.

Thirdly, unlike Iraq, Iran has cleverely spread out its nuclear reactors all around the country and fairly well hidden, so any action taken by any foreign power is not going to be as easy as Israel's bombing of Iraq in 1981.
i am glad to see a mod with such knowledge
hamednhg
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by callum9999)
Well thats what happens when an Israeli takes the moral high ground over Iran.

P.S. I am not "Israelaphobic", I will quite happily get along with an Israeli who denounces what their government does. That may seem racist to you but I just have a slight moral problem with people who support murder.
took it right off the tip of my tongue
jaw
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by hamednhg)
You really didn't just say that? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Al Qaeeda actually carry out terrorist attacks AGAINST Iranians in Iran.

Yes - you ARE missing out major facts - VERY MAJOR FACTS!!!!

Well, fair enough, I'm just saying, it's what I read.

and furthermore:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8330976/
http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...664967,00.html

It may have been the Taliban on second thought:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2199281.ece
http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/...nt_iran_c.html
Sidhe
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It deserves nuclear power, any country deserves nuclear power provided it is used for peaceful purposes, that's part of the NPT.

And Peewee it needs nuclear power, I've told you why before, it's precisely because it has so much oil that it needs nuclear power.

No one deserves nuclear weapons. The idea is to prevent more countries from acquiring them. Until I see more evidence that Iran is looking to gain then I am not going to jump to conclusions.
hamednhg
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jaw)
Well, fair enough, I'm just saying, it's what I read.

and furthermore:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8330976/
http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...664967,00.html

It may have been the Taliban on second thought:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2199281.ece
http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/...nt_iran_c.html
the first article about the Al Qaeeda guy living in villas in Iran - lmao
Of course its possible if he can disguise himself - if Iranian police knew of his whereabouts he would be spending a very long time in prison - or possibly hanged for his hand in the terror of many iranians

the articles about iranian weapons in Afaghanistan being used by Taliban - It is possible they were smuggled out of iran - there's a black market in every country

But to say the Iranian government has hands in it - poof
All I can say is America has been accusing Iran of giving weapons to Taliban and militias in Iraq - if this was true i assure you iran would be getting A HELL OF A LOT more slack than it is now
Potential100
Report 11 years ago
In my opinion Iran should try its best to obtain nuclear power, not just for energy purposes but militarily speaking. There needs to be a counter balance to the imperial American & Co power within the region. If people actually bother to learn the history, the Iranians have every right to feel threatened by the Americans

The United States has been torturing Iran, without a stop, since 1953. Overthrew the parliamentary government, installed the tyrant Shah Reza Pahlavi, and backed him through horrible torture and everything else. The minute the Shah was overthrown, the United States moved at once to try and overthrow the new regime. The United States turned for support to Saddam Hussein and his attack against Iran, in which hundreds of thousands of people were slaughtered with chemical weapons and so on. The United States continued to support Saddam.

In 1989, the Iran-Iraq war was all over. George Bush I, supposedly the moderate, invited Iraqi nuclear engineers to the United States for advanced training in weapons production. Iranians don’t forget that. After what they’ve just been through, they should be able to see the total cynicism of what’s happening. Immediately after the war, which the United States basically won for Iraq by breaking the embargo, shooting down Iranian commercial airplanes, and so on, the Iranians were convinced that they couldn’t fight the United States. So they capitulated. Immediately after that the United States imposed harsh sanctions, which continue, they got worse. Now the United States is threatening to attack. This is a violation of the UN charter, if anybody cares, which bars the threat of force. But outlaw states don’t care about things like that.

It’s never ended since 1953. And Bush is now desperately trying to organize what Condoleezza Rice calls the “moderate Arab states,” namely the most extreme, fundamentalist tyrannies in the world, like Saudi Arabia. So the “moderate Arab states,” they’re trying hard to organize them to join the United States in confronting Iran. Well, they’re not going along. They don’t tell Bush and Rice go home. They’re polite and so on but they’re not going along. They’re continuing to enter into limited but real relations with Iran. They don’t want a conflict with them.
davidjones90
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
From what I gather, Iran doesn't like other countries telling them what they should and should not be doing, I wouldn't like to either.

Every country has a right to pursue nuclear power, why is it some countries can pursue nuclear power and others can't?

We already have information informing us Iran has no intentions of creating a nuclear weapon. They don't seem to be hiding anything because UN Inspectors have been in and out the country so they are co-operating. If they insist they are using it for peaceful means and US own intelligence says so then what is the problem?

The real question is, would you really feel any safer knowing Iran has a nuclear weapon and (possibly?) signing the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty meanwhile Israel and few other countries refuse to do so, I'm more concerned about them because in a blink of a second we can have WW3.

Whatever happens, I reakon in the next 6 to 12 months there will be strikes by Israel on Iranian soil and there is going to hell in the region for time to come.
Since when does Israel have nuclear weapons? Can you prove it?
Oh my days dan....Google/Wiki up this guy Mordechai Vanunu

This really is an Israel thing as they are the ones (along USA), leading the way to tell everyone to boycott Iran.
Agent Smith
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by callum9999)
You are also convieniently forgetting "your" country is land stolen from the palestinians.
Well, yes and no.

Mainly no.

In fact, completely no.
tristanperry
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by farhan)
If Israel can be so aggressive, hostile and dangerous since it's existence as it has been yet "can be trusted" with nuclear power, than Iran definitely can be.
Israel are only defending themselves from terrorists who are killing their citizens...

Iran definitely shouldn't be allowed to have nuclear power due to the fact that they've said countless times that they want to "wipe Israel from the face of the Earth".

Israel have never said anything like that.

It's pretty obvious that handing nuclear weapons to terrorists is a dumb idea, but yet people still defend Iran's right to nukes?

(Original post by Fellas1990)
Would Israel have invaded Lebanon if they had nuclear weapons? No. Course not. Why should Iran not do it's utmost to protect itself from the threat of the US, Nato and Israel. Until countries stop thinking it's fun to invade other countries then nuclear weapons will be their only deterrent to stop them. How would I know? Well my ancestors are from Cyprus, Northern Cyprus. They got kicked out of their homes by invaders.
Huh?

Israel have already got plans laid out about what to do when it's confirmed that Iran are making nuclear weapons. They've been printed in the papers a few times (destroy Iran's bunker's walls with bunker busters, and then drop a small nuclear device down into the crater to destroy the nuclear facilities).

(Original post by hamednhg)
terrorist group - hahahahhahahahha
in that case the israeli army should be called a terrorist group with the atrocities its commited - the most recent being in GAZA in the past week
Protecting yourself from having 11 rocket attacks a day is an "atrocity"?

Rubbish. Everyone speaks out again Israel whenever anything happens, although the ignore the fact that terrorists are taking Israel numerous times, every single day of the year.
sep
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
here some say that iran is a threat for isreal so it shouldn't have nuclear technology,but why iran is an enemy for isreal?what isreal have done?unfortunately people have been kept ignorant to the facts of the world,,,,,,,,,poor hypnotized people

iranians say and have said countless times that they don't want and need nuclear weapons,they were asked to prove this claim,so they said come and see, many people of IAEA visited iran's nuclear equipments,and they (and americans recently)confessed that iran doesn't have nuclear weapon or equipments to make it,
now iranians r asked about future,again they repeated that they don't and won't want and need nuclear weapons,
well,certainly it is speaking to a group who have put their fingers into their ears,coz they don't WANT to listen.maybe middleeast oil smells veeeeeeeery good

[2:10] في قلوبهم مرض فزادهم الله مرضا ولهم عذاب اليم بما كانوا يكذبون
In their minds there is a disease. Consequently, GOD augments their disease. They have incurred a painful retribution for their lying.
Captain Biggles
Badges: 2
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by teshla^^)
Does ahmadinejad deserve nuclear power is a better question.
Do the people of Iran deserve nuclear power?? It won't just be Ahmadinejad (or however you spell it :confused:) who benefits from it all as I hope he doesn't stay around for long. With all the huff about global warming, nuclear power seems to most efficient way of going forward into the 21st century. However, I do see your point entirely - he is an idiot who doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as his people in my opinion.

On the subject of nuclear weapons, I'm in two minds about how to feel about it. On one hand the UK and others are crying out that they'll use it against us or 'lose it', ultimately ending up in the grasps of terrorists. On the other hand the development of nuclear weapons for a specific country regardless of its political regime/man in power etc. etc. is not up to the coalition countries to decide yay or nae. Ultimately I'm unconvinced by UK or Iran's stance at the moment.
Sidhe
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by tristanperry)

Iran definitely shouldn't be allowed to have nuclear power due to the fact that they've said countless times that they want to "wipe Israel from the face of the Earth".

Neither have Iran.
hamednhg
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Israel are only defending themselves from terrorists who are killing their citizens...

It's pretty obvious that handing nuclear weapons to terrorists is a dumb idea, but yet people still defend Iran's right to nukes?
Am i missing something here? If Israel is defending itself, then why are more Palestinians killed per week than there are Israelis? And those that justify them making Israeli villages ILLEGALLY on Palestinian land????

And please please please - Nuclear Power doesn't equal nuclear weapons - just read up on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_technology

And Israel have never threatened to attack Iran? :rolleyes:

Huh?

Israel have already got plans laid out about what to do when it's confirmed that Iran are making nuclear weapons. They've been printed in the papers a few times (destroy Iran's bunker's walls with bunker busters, and then drop a small nuclear device down into the crater to destroy the nuclear facilities).
Once again - Nuclear Power doesn't = Nuclear Weapons

And you can't be serious? Israel dropping a small nuclear device to destroy Iran's nuclear facilities.... and oops it ended up in the middle of the city and killed a few million people ... just like the "accidental" killing of thousands of Lebanese people when their rockets went on the wrong path. :rolleyes:

Protecting yourself from having 11 rocket attacks a day is an "atrocity"?

Rubbish. Everyone speaks out again Israel whenever anything happens, although the ignore the fact that terrorists are taking Israel numerous times, every single day of the year.
Was the appointment of Israel as a state not the biggest terrorist action? The displacement of millions of Palestinians and deprivation of their land not sound like a terrorist action to you?
callum9999
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Agent Smith)
Well, yes and no.

Mainly no.

In fact, completely no.
Oh, sorry. I was unaware that the Palestinian people said "yeah, we would love a huge chunk of our country to be given to the Jews. We also don't mind the border being moved whenever they feel like it to have more of our land".
Varsity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have no problem with Nuclear energy, but I dont think Iran can be trusted with a bomb.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (68)
23.45%
No (222)
76.55%

Watched Threads