Turn on thread page Beta

Girl, 15, guilty of knife murder watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Once the verdict is taken from the jury there is, in law, you can act as if she was definitely guilty. The jury is the sole judge of facts.
    Yes... I know that. Your point is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    Yes... I know that. Your point is?
    I am simply wondering why you query what Viirkokka says about there being no doubt she is guilty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    I am simply wondering why you query what Viirkokka says about there being no doubt she is guilty.
    Well all we know is what one news story tells us. Based on that, he wants her locked up for life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    What do you mean there is no doubt? All you have to go by is the BBC's word. I pray you never get called for jury duty.
    "She admitted manslaughter but was found guilty of murder"

"Jobson had drunk six cans of lager, three pints of vodka and cola and taken up to eight lines of cocaine before the attack, the court heard during the trial. "

I suppose these quotes add up to her being a good citizen?

"This killer should never be allowed to walk the streets again as we truly believe she is a danger to society."
    -Victims Mother

If you lost a loved one would you believe this girl should be let out? Because she's "young and naive"? BS - if you don't know murder is wrong by the time you're 15 then there is no hope for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wesetters)
    Which is exactly why victims shouldn't have any say in justice.
    The victims shouldn't decide what happens to the perpetrator but they are entitled to an opinion, of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viirkokka)
    "She admitted manslaughter but was found guilty of murder"

"Jobson had drunk six cans of lager, three pints of vodka and cola and taken up to eight lines of cocaine before the attack, the court heard during the trial. "

I suppose these quotes add up to her being a good citizen?

"This killer should never be allowed to walk the streets again as we truly believe she is a danger to society."
    -Victims Mother

If you lost a loved one would you believe this girl should be let out? Because she's "young and naive"? BS - if you don't know murder is wrong by the time you're 15 then there is no hope for you.
    OK, and where did you get those quotes from?

The BBC article above?

The my point stands.

ReputationRep:
    Evil.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.